The Frozen One

Asking for assistance finding which exact file to edit

I mentioned this in the mod requests section of the forum, but now I'm trying to mod it in myself. Does anyone know which Item Blueprint I need to edit in order to place a regular blue and red lightsaber near the first Jedi and Sith you meet at the beginning of the game? Preferably I'd like to edit both of the "Bags" each of them drop, but when it comes to item placement I have no clue what to do. I took a look around in KotOR Tool but I'm not sure what I'm looking for precisely. Not looking to equip the lightsabers right off the bat, it's just been a small annoyance of mine that their weapons don't show up when they die lol. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Hello! Keep in mind that these are relevant information with what you're going to do -

1. Quote

...near the first Jedi and Sith you meet at the beginning of the game?

Which means you're in the Endar Spire - Command Module module, and it listed as end_m01aa MOD/RIM in the game files. With K-Tool you can browse them by going this path -

Kotor I \ RIMs \ Modules \

2. Quote

...place a regular blue and red lightsaber...

You may want to check the the creature/s in the aforementioned module which resembles the identity that you're looking for. For this one they're: n_sithappren001.utc for the Sith Apprentice and n_sithappren002.utc for the [female] Jedi, and then see their Inventory. The blue lightsaber's blueprint will be g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and the red one will be g_w_lghtsbr02.uti

3. Quote

...both of the "Bags" each of them drop...

You can set them as Dropable either with K-Tool or K-GFF. If you're new with this stuff I'd recommend you using K-Tool first and K-GFF later when you're getting familiar with the game's structure. K-Tool is pretty intuitive and UI based so I believe you'll have no problems adapting to it. With K-Tool you can right-click the equipment UI and set the Dropable flag there

4. When changes are done don't forget to save the file/s, and drop them to the Override folder - overwrite when prompted

5. Changes can only be effective with a fresh start of the game for this case. As well as any other changes that includes Blueprint - they all need to be loaded from a module's beginning

Let us know at which part that there is trouble. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Finally, a tutorial I can help with! At least with the start....

Download the KGFF Editor- it makes inventory editing much easier than kotor tool.

First go to this in KOTOR tool and open the KOTOR 1 tree. Go to Rims-> Modules>end_m01aa.s-rim. 

Open the Blueprint-Character tab. You'll see a bunch of utc files. These are the character stat and inventory files.

The two files you are looking for are the sithappren001 and 002 files. Save them to a folder on your computer. You don't need to edit anything yet.

Open KGFF and open one of the files. Towards the middle of the middle of the page, there is a section called item lists> structs. This is your dropable item list for that character. 

Swap out one of the item codes for one of these items codes aka the template code.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=kotor1_items&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=kotor1&kotor_items.category=weapon&kotor_items.type=lightsaber

Save the changes and drop the file into your override on a fresh start to test. Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1