Sign in to follow this  
Jango32

Solomon's Revenge question

So I'm in a bit of a spot. Usually whenever I wanted to play KotOR with BoS: SR, I would install it first and then start the playthrough. However I can't do that for this one occasion. Does anyone remember/know if it's safe to install and play the mod in an already running playthrough? The save game that I'd like to use is right before I turn in all the prestige for Uthar on Korriban, which is also the last Star Map planet. 

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

It should be fine, but you'll be doing a lot of backtracking to places you've already visited. The mod cannot really start until after the twist reveal anyway, IIRC.

Aside from the game being prone to crashing on the Orion (BoS part), so far so good. I've used the save from before heading into Naga Sadow's tomb and it seems like it works fine. 

3 hours ago, Jango32 said:

Aside from the game being prone to crashing on the Orion (BoS part), so far so good. I've used the save from before heading into Naga Sadow's tomb and it seems like it works fine. 

Please let us know here if you make it through the entire game successfully? 

On 7/22/2019 at 2:39 AM, Sith Holocron said:

Please let us know here if you make it through the entire game successfully? 

I made it through the entire mod successfully. Didn't play it until the end of the entire game though. 

• Like 1

It's certainly been a while but I believe I've managed to install these two side-by-side before. IIRC there were some issues with the Appearance 2da file which I fixed manually myself. Other than that, there were no major issues.

I am planning to do a major playthrough (my first in a long time!) by the end of the year so if no one else has been able to confirm compatibility, I'd be more than happy to share my results too!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mutilator57 said:

IIRC there were some issues with the Appearance 2da file which I fixed manually myself. Other than that, there were no major issues.

If you wanted to create a tutorial for the 2da fixes for others, that might helpful too!

• Like 1

...they may not be needed anymore though, assuming that the version FS uploaded actually includes the fixes I made for it. I cleaned up a lot of junk and bugs from the installer. 🤷‍♂️

Well, assuming the issues weren’t met in the fixed version instead (I’m assuming here it was the original one), in which case a notification there would have been appreciated.