Tyvokka

Holiday Site Maintenance

Hi All -

I am taking the time during this holiday weekend to do some needed site clean up and maintenance, I am using generic theme during this time while I clean up the the primary DS theme as to not impact site usability. Thanks for your patience!

-Tyvokka

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 2

For me, the band/bar (forget the technical term) behind where "Browse Activity Downloads etc" is is stretched edge to edge of any page, while the rest isn't. There's also a gap between it and the bottom of the Battlefront/KotOR images making the size difference of the two visible. And on that, the merged image has a visible line down the middle of that whole section.

This is on desktop Chrome.

3 hours ago, HK-47 said:

the band/bar (forget the technical term) behind where "Browse Activity Downloads etc" is is stretched edge to edge of any page

Yeah as well as that, there really needs to be some sort of "collapse header" option. It's pretty and all, but it is obnoxiously huge and takes up far too much real estate. Something like this is what I am suggesting:

Collapsed_Header.thumb.jpg.8cd3708e44d265e8d1986cb9873dc970.jpg

Even then, there's still so much dead space below it. I get that everything is made for phones these days, but not everybody reads the site on a 5" screen.

• Like 1

Yeah, I like DarthParametric's idea. It reminds me of the ol' DS back when I first time registered. There's something fascinating about that simple header placement on the top left of the page. Though I wasn't sure if it looked from another aspects. But for aesthetics and accessibility - that'll do for me.

Edit: and perhaps to change this bookmark icon - DS_Bookmark_Icon.PNG.0f281dbb87bcdb8975624a604e32e861.PNG to a unique DS's customized one? Not saying that I don't like Nihilus' but I'm interested on how the change turns out to be. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

Since we are airing grievances, another thing is that the activation area for the notification icon seems tiny. Maybe it's not an issue on a phone where you put your finger over the whole thing, but with a mouse it seems like you have to be pixel perfect dead center to get it to register a click.

• Like 2

I'll add on to my previous statement with this: By not having the logo to click on, a mobile user has to incrementally go back several steps by using the small icon on the top left of whatever screen you're on. It's either that or you have to hit last page on your browser and then having to reload the main page.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, DarthParametric said:

Maybe it's not an issue on a phone where you put your finger over the whole thing

It may be, actually. It’s quite small with mobile, too.

And now that I’m at it, I second SH’s point as well, just in case it’s browser-dependant.

Yep will update as soon as possible, troubleshooting some of the changes to how IPB handles css, should be fixed over the coming days. 

@Sith Holocron @DarthParametric alright gotta think that through some but im not against ditching the full logo for something smaller

I may have something new to report. It seems, on mobile, that I can't read my comments and reviews left for me on my own mods. Is this possibly connected to your recent site adjustments? 

Update: I can confirm that the reviews and comments are present when I look at the page on a laptop. They have been moved however.

Update 2: So it's been moved to Details.  Gotcha.  But what about this (see attachment) makes it easy to read? Perhaps rethink the darker grey on the dark grey theme?

Screenshot_20190727-155136_Chrome.jpg