Sith Holocron

The M4-78 Documentary roll out continues soon(ish)...

• Have you had any questions about the mod that you'd love answered?

Sure I'll shoot.

1: Are the main contributors to the mod happy with how it turned out? Additionally, what are all your reactions to the wildly varying opinions of the mod?

2: Plans for 1.6 or is 1.5 the end product?

3: Anything that got cut/changed from the original mod plans that we don't know about?

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:47 PM, Bovolt said:
  • 1: Are the main contributors to the mod happy with how it turned out? Additionally, what are all your reactions to the wildly varying opinions of the mod?
  • 2: Are there plans for a version 1.6 or is version 1.5 the end product?
  • 3: Was there anything that got cut/changed from the original mod plans that we don't know about?

Thanks for the reply, @Bovolt!  I'll make sure that @Hassat Hunter and @zbyl2 know about those questions so they can get back to me - with a recording hopefully.  As for the first part of question 1, you'll have to wait and see... ;)

As far as updates, I have recently a number of submissions but most of them are done being converted into animated walk and talks by TSL avatars now, I think.  However, one of my contributors kept sending in more and more installments so this made the video making portion of this . . . complicated. However, as I finally have a day off, I'm ready to split up the swaths of dialogue.  This will involve cleaning up the various pops and hiss on the audio, splitting the audio into smaller pieces so each line can be spoken by the avatar, normalizing the volume as the contributor started yelling for some reason, making a document so DV can create a lip sync for the avatar. It's a bit time consuming but hopefully, it will make the final product more fun to watch.  I mean, there's only so much of me you can listen to.  (Ask my wife!)

• Like 1

So I got my next contribution and this one's a reveal of sorts.  After the poll is done, I'll merge this thread with the main documentary thread.

So Stoney reviews M4-78 EP.  However, he doesn't have capability to record dialogue so he sent me a Text to Speech WAV file and a transcript.  I was wondering, would you folks rather have that or someone else recording the dialogue for him?

Or in the tradition of LF, do you prefer the noncommittal answer of Yoda?

Poll closed.  I have contacted a VA to perform Stoney's script when he able to do so. Thanks for voting!

• Like 1

So just to give you all an update on the documentary . . .

@DarthVarkor has been making very nice videos for use in the documentary. Those videos will both be released separately complete (with one minor exception by request of the contributor) and excerpts of the videos will be in the documentary itself.  DV has made a few of these videos so far.  (I've shared DV's videos using each contributor's audio back to the each contributor.  For the time being though, DV is going to be busy until his own project premieres on YouTube.

m6w8Ted.png

This shouldn't be a cause for alarm but rather a sigh of relief for those that haven't had the chance to get their audio (and transcripts) handed in to me.  You've received a reprieve!  (Even though I've never asked for a deadline because all know how deadlines worked out for Obsidian, you may might feel less stress.)

So contributors: Hand in your stuff when you're ready - you know who you are - and everyone check out DV's premiere on the 20th of June!  And if you'd like to give me an update in lieu of the materials, I'll take that too in a PM.

• Thanks 2

So here is a weird moment for me today.

I am currently cutting up a large MP3 file to turn each sentence into separate mono WAV files so they can be animated.  I'm also removing dead space and removing hemming and hawing. The contributor's subject is splicing. So I'm splicing a splicer talking about splicing. Is that too meta or what?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

The contributor's subject is splicing. So I'm splicing a splicer talking about splicing. Is that too meta or what?

You splice the splicer's talk about splicing so it can become the spliciest splice in the... universe?

5 hours ago, Drazgar said:

You splice the splicer's talk about splicing so it can become the spliciest splice in the... universe?

A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that it is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padisha Emperor Shaddam IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the Universe is the splice. The splice extends life. The splice expands consciousness. The splice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the splice has mutated over four-thousand years, use the orange splice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. 

Oh wait...  Wrong meeting

Even I have to do a tentative release date from time - if only to convince myself to finish it.

Cast list subject to change or expansion.

• Like 8

Project delayed until further notice.

I have to learn some things in animating scenes myself before moving forward.  There's only so much that I could've asked DarthVarkor to do and it's high time for me to step up to the plate and do more.  Luckily, I think I have all of the programs that I'm going to need.  I have the time - as much as I want, now that the deadline is apparently out the window.  (See new video below.) 

I just need the experience at this point. When I have more information to pass on to you dear reader, I'll be letting you know here in this thread.

In the meantime, if there are folks that haven't handed in their reviews, feel free to get in touch with me via PMs.  Let's see if we get through this together.

Update:

ecS2ZGM.jpg

That . . . is a very old binder of mine.  And that grey package is essential to the documentary.  Any guesses on what it is?

Update 2:

The following video contains a review that can be found through this link: http://loresworn.com/lso-plays-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-m4-78/

As I did not hear back from the authors, I decided to use TTS to create both the voices of the two reviewers and a additional narrator voice that opens and closes the review. This preview doesn't include any animation. It is however designed to give you an idea of how text reviews of the various EP versions will be handled: synthetic voices with a "droid like" filter placed on top. At the time of this message, reviewers that have send in their own audio will not have the droid filter applied. (Yes, even if they are portrayed as a droid in their animated segments.)  This filtering concept is only in the planning stage so it may be subject to change.

But for now, enjoy this preview review from folks that are not attached to either DeadlyStream or the KOTOR Subreddit (AFAIK).

This is only the beginning.

• Like 1

A minor update:

zjfrwyK.jpg

I'll have to do a test to hear how it sounds first before I add the rest of the tiles. . .

• Like 1

In lieu of actual tangible work on the documentary, I plan to to do some work adding music to and then releasing some of the long-form reviews that I have already received for the documentary.  I planned to originally release videos like these after the documentary but since my work has stalled, I may as well release something for folks to watch this calendar year. As usual with my stuff - with the regrettable exception a few posts up - there's no release date for this. When something is uploaded, I'll post a link in my Status Update and you can comment on the video's page. Alternatively, you can just subscribe to my channel and wait for something to pop up.

• Thanks 1

I've just released the second appendix video which can be found here.

If you want to see a third, I'm going to need see some likes on the video.

Off-topic: @zbyl2, would you answer the folks in this thread about their M4-78 EP issue?  It would be appreciated.