Sith Holocron

The M4-78 Documentary roll out continues soon(ish)...

I'll be ramping up production on the M4-78 documentary again soon - probably sometime after August so you have an idea of my current thoughts on the scheduling. I would like to have a few folks to be able to provide reviews of each version of the EP.  In addition to your more general thoughts on the mod, I would need to know your thoughts on how well the mod does or doesn't fit with the rest of the game.  Finally, tell us what about each version do you find fun?  

If you wish review more than one version, I sure as hell am not going to stop you but it's not necessary. Really.  I do realize the time that this would take for you.  And as noted above, I'm in no hurry.

Requirements for the documentary:  Play (or replay) the version you wish to cover. You'll need to tell me which version you're covering in advance via PM. I'd need what you say in both text and spoken as well for the purposes of the video. (The text would help me do the closed captioning.)  If you're doing this, contact me via PM before there's any recording as I'll be having everyone do a specific introduction before they say their piece. The intro is being finalized soon so you needn't ask for it right now.

You might wondering: Is this annoying bastard going to cut out most of everything I say in this?  Yes . . . and also no.  (Huh?)  Well, for pacing reasons I'm going to have pick and choose excerpts of what you say for pacing reasons.  However, the contributors that are chosen also will have a standalone video where their comments will be unedited.  I have some plans with those too but I will leave those plans between me and those that contribute.  (I can't spoil everything, right?)

Are you possibly interested?  Please join me to cover the history of the M4-78 EP.

If you're not able to do this but are interested in the project, please drop a like or some light side points.

FINAL NOTE: You'd use only two mods for this: TSLRCM and M4-78 EP.  No other mods. At all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Sorry.  Just one more thing . . .

If you think you can help in some other way than what's listed above, shoot me a PM.  I will never know what I might be missing if I don't ask.

• Light Side Points 1

Hi guys!!

Preparing a new Playthrough and checking some old downloads I've seen I still have previous versions of M4-78EP.

The versions are:
- M478EP v1.2.3 (601.576 KB)
- M478EP v1.2.4 (530.563 KB)
(Both are .exe files)

This post is for to ask if this files are usefull for somebody or I can delete them.

Anyway, sending or uploading the files would be only with the permission of the authors and/or DS staff.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, VarsityPuppet said:

This sounds like a great idea! I'm wondering though if we could reach out to any Let's Players and youtubers to see if there is any content out there that we can already use?

If anyone wants to reach out to their YouTube or Twitch personality to check out the mod, I'd be happy to incorporate any of the footage they allowed me to use. (I don't know how to download Twitch footage atm but if they were willing to cover the mod, perhaps they'd be willing to send me their videos.)

I especially would like folks to cover the earlier versions of the mod.

If any of you worked on any version of the EP whether it was a a team member, voice actor, or you were on one of the beta teams, I would also like to get your input as well.  The reviews are important but I want to make sure your contributions are noted.  This helps the documentary act as a historical record / postmortem.  Please don't let your work be left in the dustbin of history - get recognized. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 1:57 PM, Obi Wan Pere said:

Hi guys!!

Preparing a new Playthrough and checking some old downloads I've seen I still have previous versions of M4-78EP.

The versions are:
- M478EP v1.2.3 (601.576 KB)
- M478EP v1.2.4 (530.563 KB)
(Both are .exe files)

This post is for to ask if this files are usefull for somebody or I can delete them.

Anyway, sending or uploading the files would be only with the permission of the authors and/or DS staff.

Obi Wan Pere. I would love to have these. May I ask you to hold on to them until I get situated in my new house?

BTW, the old school LF folks that haven't gravitated over here yet have noticed the series and they seem to like what they've seen.  Apparently I was accurate. And I made some of them laugh especially about Darth Balor. :)

Edited by Sith Holocron
Added link to LucasForums Facebook page

5 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Obi Wan Pere. I would love to have these. May I ask you to hold on to them until I get situated in my new house?

Since I realized I had these files and post in the forum the idea was keep them for some time. At the present time the files do not disturb me (at least they don't complain continously screaming about the lack of use and my HD remains silent about wasting its capacity... :lol:) and since I saw your thread even more reasons for hold them.

Good Luck with your new house!! I hope it not be in the Outer Rim, far of the Republic Space ...and that you have checked it has a good connection to the net...

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

I like this idea! Not sure yet if I'd have time to do something like this, but I'll definitely keep up with the news!

• Thanks 1

I play gamez.

Edit:

@N-DReW25, so you will play nothing? Apathy is death. Worse than death, because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects.

:D

• Haha 1
  • Light Side Points 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:01 PM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

I play gamez.

I look forward to your contributions.  :)

• Thanks 1

Wew lad, I do indeed play the game.

And bang my head on the desk. And ask, why?

Then scream a little, die inside just a little more, and wander around the industrial zone for the 400th time looking for a droid's lost main processing unit.

This is the worst update to any mod I have ever seen. The only, I mean only, positive is VO upgrades.

Not to fear, this is hardly all of my criticism, just a taste.

Edit to add: I have about 3 pages of notes. Bugs are a quarter of that, mostly text errors. The rest is mostly 100 scribblings of WTF???

I have also recorded screens of the easy bugs, recorded video of the entire planet up until my endless search for MPU, and of course will write up a transcript and send a voice recording of said script. Almost done with gameplay.

Edit 2: first game-breaking bug found. It is a dialog issue with IS-99 I believe. Specifically, you can talk to IS-99 about rebuilding I1-01 before you have rebuilt him. That closes off the dialog tree from the option once you have rebuilt I1-01. The dialog conditional needs repair if I had to guess. Have to revert to an earlier save :(

You can "fix" the "Fixing Droids" quest with KSE. You cannot get to IS-24 by tinkering with a broken "Rebuild I1-01". Thus, the game is broken as I cannot get to Vash and finish the planet.

Edit 4: fake news. Forgot I needed to "train" the military droids. 

• Thanks 1

A little behind the scenes stuff for you folks: How will I write this upcoming chapter?  Well, for this time around, the reviews from our fine contributors will take up the bulk of the reviews as I won't be reviewing the mod. In order to hedge against the comments that I may be biased for a mod that I voiced a part in, it seemed only fair to hand off the reviewing portion to you, the players.  

My main purpose will be to (try to) create an overarching history of the mod with interviews with the main architects, Zbyl2 and Hassat Hunter.  I have previously asked them both a number of questions and I plan to ask them more for this next chapter. I also have many (oh so many) emails that I can refer to in order to flesh out the skeleton. These emails go back years.

What does this mean for you?  You have a greater input into the next chapter than you may have originally thought but of course, that's only if you're a contributor. And I have a few surprises I think that should keep you entertained.  (Fingers crossed.)

I still haven't moved into my new house yet but once I have, I'll start working on drafts of the next chapter. Those looking for updates on the new house will have to wait until my 101st (!) blog gets published.  I'll have to look into getting some sound dampening for the walls in the basement. For recording! Yeah, that's what it's for!