Bimbles

HELP. BOSSR IS BEING NAUGHTY

Hello all. For the past 2 days I have been trying to download Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomons Revenge and I have come up with the following error C:\\Users\\Name\\Downloads\\Kotor 1 Mods\\Brotherhood of Shadow Solomons Revenge-95-1-0 (2)\\modules\\ship\_tmp\\alienchatting.dlg". The system cannot find the path specified (0). And let me tell you I have tried everything. Changing / to\. Running a better version of TSL. Creating newer folders. And you know what. NOTHING F***ING WORKED. I'm at my limit. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

24 minutes ago, Bimbles said:

Running a better version of TSL. 

Brotherhood of Shadow is for KOTOR, not TSL.

Just now, Sith Holocron said:

Brotherhood of Shadow is for KOTOR, not TSL.

I know. I'm referring to the TSL patcher that is used to install the mod in kotor.

1 hour ago, LiliArch said:

You need to find the offending line in the changes.ini and swap the \ (or /, I never remember which ones they are) vice versa.

Nope didn't work 

On 6/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, Sith Holocron said:

Then that's what you should've said?  Just sayin'.

Try using this question and answer format for a speedier response. (The first post.)

Isn't this for just Kotor 1 in general 

27 minutes ago, Bimbles said:

Isn't this for just Kotor 1 in general 

If you're using K1R in your load out, use the first list. If not, use the "FOR ANY MODS OTHER THAN  K1R !" list.  As you're not posting in an actual BOSSR release thread, using one of the two lists I suggested is your best bet. When listing other mods, make sure you provide links to those other mods - even of they're on this site. Good luck. 

37 minutes ago, Bimbles said:

Nope didn't work 

Did you try it other way around? It is what this error usually is (installer being unable to deal with compressed files when the path is marked wrong). Well, that, or OS being cranky.

Also, remember to restore the game installation to the state it was prior trying to install the mod. Trying to run the installer multiple times without it being able to complete is just begging for problems.