Sign in to follow this  
Ashla

Trouble with tsl patcher/ with kotor 2

So i just cant seen to any mods that contain the tsl patcher to work with kotor 2. I dont know what im doing wrong. I extract the mod. Open the mod folder. Run tslpatcher.exe, hit install, and select the path, windowsc>  programs files 86> steam> steamapps> common> Knighst of the old republic 2. The weird think is i can see its copying the files over the the override folder in that directory. But their just not showing up in game. Ive just done a clean install, but the problem is still happening. Im at a loss to figure out why its not working. 
The only mods ive managed to get to working are the ones from the steam workshop, and they really dont have any of the mods i want to use.

Ive even tried the same work around done with andriod kotor with the dialogue.tlk file. 
Basically ive created my own override folder, copied the dialogue.tlk from the kotor 2 directory into it, becuase the tsl patacher will look for that file and allow you to use the tsl patcher with it. Basically just tsl patch into that folder instead. Then ill copy the override folder across to the games dirctory folder. Same issue. Non of the tsl patcher mods work with my game. but the steam workshop does, and its barely got any mods i wanna use on there. Ive been trying to figure this out for three days, and its really pissing me off.

Are you maybe using TSLRCM from the workshop?

Or is your TSL installation folder set to "read only"?

And where did you extract the mod to? It can be anywhere except for the TSL folder.

• Like 1

Yeah, with TSLRCM from the workshop you have to point the mod's patcher to its folder, in your case:
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\208580\485537937

• Like 1

Omg Effix. I would have never have figured that out without you. Ill try installing something now. Thank you. 

• Like 1

No problem, we're here to help. It can easily get confusing when mixing Steam and non Steam mods.
Steam's TSLRCM contains a lot of important files that get precedence over the same files that you might have in the main override folder.

Before Steam you would have all your TSLRCM files in the main override folder so it was a bit more straight forward.