DarthVarkor

Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

With the amount of money they put into CGI I'm sure it will look good (and probably sound even better since J.Williams is still the one responsible for music). Other than that it'd be nice if this movie turns out to be a logical conclusion of TFA and TLJ narrative but since there was no plan from the very beginning (apart from 'let's make a trilogy of lazy remakes and use old cast for marketing purposes') and the 8th was a 2h32m 'let's subvert the expectations' joke that makes 'Attack of the Clones' look like a top SW movie I highly doubt that.

I hope the with the final chapter of the reboot saga comes and end to disney SW at least for a little while for making Star Wars as if they were some marvel or other superhero movies and a vessel for some sad ideological mumbo jumbo may be a glorious money-making scheme but is an unforgivable crime against everything that came before them.

Oh and I can't wait to see what Amazon does to LotR, man that's going to be a loud crash when you fall from the very top ;v

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

"the saga will end"

lol sure

The saga already ended  , Disney  made sure to kill it two movies ago.😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The most recent trailer really killed what remaining interest I've had for this film. It's yet *another* OT remake, the film will be killing off more OT characters unnecessarily, and it shows that these films will merely just be flash and no substance.

A shame, because 2/3rds of the film looks like a solid Star Wars adventure and they have an awesome cast. Curious though, what do y'all think Luke, Leia, and the Knights of Ren's role will be?

12 minutes ago, Gaak78 said:

Knights of Ren

what is that

I keep hearing people say that ever since Episode 7 discussion but I have no idea where it came from. I don't remember hearing that name in either of the movies. Right?

In VII it says Kylo Ren is the leader of the Knights of Ren, and they feature in the flashback for like a second.

So it's not completely unfounded.
Luke has yet to appear in a trailer so probably Force Ghost, Leia gets killed so badly  it makes you wonder even more why they couldn't have her die in space more than you did already and they probably forget the Knights of Ren once more since actually setup and payoff is an alien effect to them.

On 10/24/2019 at 5:59 AM, N-DReW25 said:

Those crystal horses running on the side of that Star Destroyer... that probably isn't a good sign that this movie will be any better than before.

Yeah I only watched the trailer as it was dissected by this youtuber here. But it was at that moment, when I realized I would not be seeing this movie, anything that validates cavalry charging on a space ship armed with anti-air guns and squadrons of fighters, it just seems too much like a Disney fantasy.

• Haha 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Wild horses couldn't drag me to watch that. First time I won't be seeing a Star Wars in a theater. I saw each of the original trilogy on opening night as a kid. The feeling is so much different. Nothing to be excited about these days. The last two movies I felt indifference. Though I liked Solo.

Looking forward to Mandalorians and new Clone Wars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jc2 said:

Yeah I only watched the trailer as it was dissected by this youtuber here. But it was at that moment, when I realized I would not be seeing this movie, anything that validates cavalry charging on a space ship armed with anti-air guns and squadrons of fighters, it just seems too much like a Disney fantasy.

Well, atleast now we do know why they did save just the horses, not the slave-kids. Can't then go and kill these in live combat in space. Poor Rose. She just wanted some space horses.

*Cough* Just hyperspace through all those Star Destroyers or the Rebel fleet. Do space horses have hyperdrives? *cough*

• Haha 3

Guest Sam Fisher

I'm looking forward to it, with the idea of bringing the Emperor back it can only be great or terrible, probably the last one, but I look forward to Ian McDiarmid hopefully turning the ham up to 11.