Sign in to follow this  
Ahsana

Making multiple version of P_BastilaBA01 for different characters to use simultaneously?

Hello,

I've been using Bastila's underwear P_BastilaBA01 as the main underwear of many characters in the game but if I use it for the PC and/or NPCs other than Bastila, it will of course affect Bastila as well (e.g. now her skin below the head might be green). I'm trying to basically figure out if it's possible to create more than one P_BastilaBA so that one character can have one version and another can have another (but without trying to use the Bastila slave outfit).

I've noticed some mods that might be doing something like this that just create a random name for race, model a and texa a (like P_Bast88 instead of P_BastilaBB/P_BastilaBA). However if I try something like that and rename P_BastilaBA01.tga to P_Bast88.tga in the override folder, it freezes the game. I'm guessing this is because it's more complicated than just renaming the file and making these changes in appearance.2da.

I mean, arbitrarily defining a new race and model just in appearance.2da that has no original file but just an override entry, seems like something that would indeed crash the game. It's confusing (if I imagine myself as the game).

What am I missing?

First of all, you don't need to and probably shouldn't change the race. In most cases, you also don't need to change the model. You were getting crashes because you entered a model that didn't exist.

What you want to do is change your appearance line so it looks like this:

modela       texa
P_BastilaBA  XYZ_Bast

And then take a copy of P_BastilaBA01, edit it however you want, and rename it to XYZ_Bast01. Substitute XYZ for whatever prefix you want, anything that guarantees it's a unique file name, not used by the game or other mods (e.g. I would go with something like JC_Bast or if I had to do several different ones, JC_BastA, JC_BastB, etc).

Appearance.2da has essentially two options. If the texture cell is empty (****) then the model will only render any textures that are on the model. When a string is input (e.g. P_BastilaBA) it is used as a prefix for the texture. This gets added to the two-digit texture variation on the item (default 01) giving the final texture name (e.g. P_BastilaBA01).

• Thanks 2