ebmar

MOD:[K1] Marlena Venn "Legends"

[K1] Marlena Venn "Legends"

MV_Legends_Font_Resized.png.80e5090b50f0502c39de5a855f89c9ed.png

This mod made readjustments to Marlena Venn, both her appearance and positioning on the Dune Sea - to further improve the gameplay aspects from encountering her, and bring a fresh-new experience with her new looks and some other stuffs!

# Background #

When I met Marlena the first time I know that she's special - in a mysterious way, lol. Yeah, I catch her mysterious side so I did a makeover of her - appearance wise. About the positioning - it bugged me where she was placed so I moved her. Particularly when the conversation was initiated, so with her new placement it looks like she did make the conversation first. And that's how I see the encounter should start.

# About this Mod #

This modification makes unique appearance for Marlena Venn of Dune Sea [Tatooine], also reposition her to a new spot and replace her recorded voice with the filtered version so it sounded like an actual playback straight from a droid.

• GIT positioning preview:
    Spoiler

Legends_MV_1103.jpg.8e278db4015265d10103d1917d6ae32c.jpg

• Encounter quick-preview [Outdated - v1.0.0]:
    Spoiler

Ah-ha! It also makes Marlena equip a Blaster Pistol, some Credits, and a Repair Kit.

Here's a breakdown of why's:

• Blaster Pistol: because she was "through planning", she wants to make sure of everything
  • Credits: well, she planned on going shuttle somewhere - it just makes sense for her to carry some
  • Repair Kit: some leftover from earlier tinkering with the droids

Those new content was made to connect with jc2's "Kill Marlena". I have tested them together on my playthrough and they work like a charm! A truly-fun content worth installing for you - Dark Siders! Just make sure to install this mod last of them. Without it there'll be no change of plot whatsoever and those additional stuff wouldn't have effects.

# Final Remarks #

There's always room for an improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe] and then hit the [Install Mod ->] button.

Uninstallation: replace the installed files with what was stored inside the generated 'Backup' folder. Particularly tat_m18aa.mod; put that file back to 'modules' folder manually and overwrite when prompted.

To uninstall the Voice Over simply put back its backup to streamwaves \ m18ab \ 10wi06 folder - overwrite when prompted.

Compatibility: will be compatible with mostly anything, including jc2's "Kill Marlena" - just make sure to install this mod after every mods has. Though haven't being tested with Kainzorus Prime's "[KotOR] NPC Overhaul Mod" and N-DReW25's "K1 Gameplay Improvement" installed, presumably they'll be compatible. But be advised that compatibility issue of this mod working along with them is not yet confirmed.

Will not be compatible with any mods that force-overrides tat_m18aa.mod or messing with this mod 2DA entries.

For this mod to be effective you should at least load a saved game before entering the Dune Sea - Tatooine [tat_m18aa] module

This mod is play-tested with KotOR 1 Restoration/K1R installed and is compatible with them

Redistribution: I'm asking you not to redistribute this mod - I'd like to stay in touch with them so I know where to provide support. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. I'd love to know what others are up too, particularly if my work are included. And then, make sure to give credits to SpaceAlex, BioWare & LucasArts with the release - particularly with the inclusion of this mod assets. An appreciation to this lil' peasant here is a very warm welcome, welcome. :cheers:

Credits:

• The Almighty Force which gave me the chance to finish the mod
  • SpaceAlex for "Modder's Resource: K1 Enhancement Pack" which base cloth texture included with the development of this mod
  • DarthParametric for past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs and for all the outstanding creation that I am a fan of
  • JCarter426 for all his work that I look up too - I learned a lot from his mod setup and been practicing a lot using their method
  • jc2 for "Kill Marlena", which a factor for this mod to be developed
  • ROTNR for "Creating Module Files in KotOR" which guides me on packaging the custom module
  • Fred Tetra for the 'amazing' KotOR Tool
  • TK102 for K-GFF
  • stoffe and Fair Strides for the most useful TSLPatcher and ERFEdit
  • VarsityPuppet for 2DA Editor Alpha
  • bead-v for MDLedit and KOTORmax
  • ndix UR for tga2tpc
  • Werner Rumpeltesz for PlainEdit.NET
  • Notepad++team for Notepad++
  • Adinos for "Simple Model Viewer" which very helpful to provide a quick preview of potential appearance for used model and texture
  • All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without you! :respect:
  • All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
  • All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
  • DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
  • DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
  • Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor - thanks! The place is so much fun! :jarjar:

-eb

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/23/2019
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Hello, my friend!

And congratulations for yet another legendary entry to the Legends series (I am still eagerly awaiting your Dantooine improvements 😊). I just wanted to ask you something about the blaster you said you gave her. Like in your own video above, even in my case she doesn't seem like she is wielding any. Was it intended to be only used if you have jc's mod "Kill Marlena" too?

And also a question about the new position. Is it possibly a very subtle difference, possibly in the direction she is facing? I don't recall the original being far from that very spot at all.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, my friend!

Hello, friend! :cheers:

20 hours ago, Salk said:

...congratulations for yet another legendary entry to the Legends series (I am still eagerly awaiting your Dantooine improvements...

Thanks! Much appreciated. Yeah, I admit to had been overlooked the Dantooine's development, as been spending thoughts on the playthrough lately. I'll look to revisit it when chances're arises.

20 hours ago, Salk said:

...about the blaster... she doesn't seem like she is wielding any.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, that's an oversight by design from me. I envisioned her to draw the blaster when things go hostile [with "Kill Marlena" installed] at first, but with recent test it seem she's not going hostile so the blaster only act as a looted item. Come to think of it I'm gonna make her equip the blaster by hand with the next update - I mean; it'll make much senses as she was supposedly going "hunting" from going to the desert.

20 hours ago, Salk said:

Is it possibly a very subtle difference, possibly in the direction she is facing?

Yes, it wasn't an extreme change like putting her on a different area or such. In vanilla she's positioned in vertical straight line from the module's [tat_m18aa] spawn point, and now with the mod installed she'll be moved for a few coordinates to the right as well as an orientation change.

• Like 1

[Updated to v1.1.0: May 06, 2019]

What's new?

• Marlena will now equip the Blaster Pistol on hand
  • Some tweaks to the head texture
  • Changing the texture of her clothes, which I envisioned the now version fits her more and blends much better with the ambient
  • An additional installation targeted for v1.0.0/initial version user to make Marlena equip the blaster on hand; as designed with the v1.1.0
  • Like 1

Just Wanna Clarify That The tat_m18aa File Is In Fact Compatible With The One From K1R As The TSLPatcher Skipped It As It Was Already In The Override Folder Due To K1R?

On 5/8/2021 at 9:15 PM, RavinNightBeast said:

...The tat_m18aa File Is In Fact Compatible With The One From K1R As The TSLPatcher Skipped It As It Was Already In The Override Folder Due To K1R?

You mean the modules folder, right? The warning only trying to say that the patcher skip copying the module if you already have tat_m18aa.MOD in that folder, whereas if you didn't have the said file [such as a clean install] the patcher then will copy a vanilla-then-to-be-edited one taken from the mod's archive.

The patching's still happening despite the warning though, so you should have nothing to worry about. But fair enough with that question, just something for you to remember. So in regard to that -- they're compatible.