Mellowtron11

MOD:KOTOR NPC Stat Fixes Mod

KOTOR NPC Stat Fixes Mod

KOTOR 1 NPC Fixes 1.0

A Mod for Knights of the Old Republic

Author- Mellowtron11

Release Date-3/16/2019

Description-

This mod is intended to fix some of the inconsistencies found with your party members’ stats and feats in KOTOR1 as listed below. This mod intends to fix these little oversights.

Installation-

Copy and paste or drag and drop the UTC files into your override folder.

Installation Notes-

To have the mod take effect, load a save game before your party members join your team or start a new game. It is best to start fresh with a new game as to not conflict with the current .utc files from your party’s NPCs. If you install this mod after party members have joined your group, the intended changes will not take effect for the party members already joined and will instead continue to show the original stats. Alternatively, load the .utc files that you want to change before you enter the module where you first meet that NPC.

Uninstallation-

Delete the proper .utc files from your override folder.

Known Bugs-

None, but if there are any, please message me at Deadly Stream. All of these characters have been tested by me.

Permissions-

Please do not claim credit for this mod or redistribute it without the author’s explicit permission.

Changelog Version 1.0

Carth

·        Removed Blaster Pistol Specialization feat, as Carth had two level 4 feats for some reason.

·        Added Rapid shot feat.

Mission

·        Set Wisdom to 12 for a small boost to her security and treat injury skill.

Zaalbar

·        Removed improved power attack as scouts did not get to select feats at level 4.

·        Added critical strike feat.

·        Set Awareness to 5 and treat injury to 6.

T3-M4

·        Set Vitality to 24 points.

Canderous

·        Set Constitution to 16, as Canderous was 4 attribute points short, bringing his HP total to 70 at level 5. (More HP fits his tough guy personality).

Juhani

·        Removed conditioning feat since Juhani’s saves are already very high.

·        Added Flurry feat.

·        Set Strength to 14, charisma to 12 and Intelligence to 10.

·        Set Awareness at 2 and treat injury to 7.

·        Removed Juhani’s red Jedi robe and set her clothing as her default outfit.

·        Removed Affect mind power.

HK-47

·        Added Rapid shot feat to properly add 1 more feat to the combat droid class’s feat progression.

·        Set Strength at 12, Dexterity at 16 and Constitution at 14, bringing HK’s total HP up to 78.

Jolee

·        Removed robe and added default clothing to Jolee’s inventory for p_jolee.utc and p_jolee001.utc.

·        Set Wisdom and Charisma to 14.

·        Set awareness to 2 and treat injury to 8.

Thanks

·        Bioware, Obsidian and Lucasarts for an amazing pair of RPG games.

·        Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool.

·        TK102 for the K-GFF Tool.

·        N-DReW25 for helping me get started with KOTOR modding.

·        Everyone who downloads and uses the mod.

LEGAL NOTICE-

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, OBISIDIAN, BIOWARE, DISNEY OR ANY SPONSORS OF THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THIS MOD AUTHOR OR THE DEADLY STREAM WEBSITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER BY THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Hi, Mellowtron11!

Just a friendly reminder -- you may want to revisit the compatibility issue for p_jolee001.utc as it's not compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration setup.

K1R had k1r_jolee_diag script fired on its OnDialogue, whilst yours using k_hen_dialogue01 which is by default.

Nevertheless - an interesting release to improve the gameplay aspects one way and another! Many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ebmar said:

Just a friendly reminder -- you may want to revisit the compatibility issue for p_jolee001.utc as it's not compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration setup

I might very well be mistaken, but I think the particular part of K1R that modifies that is an optional component not part of the main install, so this should be compatible with the rest of K1R

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ebmar said:

Hi, Mellowtron11!

Just a friendly reminder -- you may want to revisit the compatibility issue for p_jolee001.utc as it's not compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration setup.

K1R had k1r_jolee_diag script fired on its OnDialogue, whilst yours using k_hen_dialogue01 which is by default.

Nevertheless - an interesting release to improve the gameplay aspects one way and another! Many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

Whoops, I did not know that at all. As far as my modding goes, I haven't  gotten into scripting yet. For this mod, I only modified the UTC files and that was it. 

Of course, users can also select what UTC files they want to drop into the override folder too.

3 hours ago, 134340Goat said:

I might very well be mistaken, but I think the particular part of K1R that modifies that is an optional component not part of the main install, so this should be compatible with the rest of K1R

I haven't used or downloaded the K1R restoration mod, so your guess is as good as mine.

Greetings, fellow Jedi! :cheers:

9 hours ago, 134340Goat said:

...I think the particular part of K1R that modifies that is an optional component not part of the main install, so this should be compatible with the rest of K1R...

Unfortunately that is the main component. K1R [main] include a hard-copy of kas_m24aa.mod, which inside is p_jolee001.utc with k1r_jolee_diag script fired on its OnDialogue. So anything puts in the Override with that instance will pretty much overrides it.

5 hours ago, Mellowtron11 said:

As far as my modding goes, I haven't  gotten into scripting yet.

Me too! Hahah. :cheers:

But by practice that actually is not scripting; it was more like GFFs comparing which I think is vital for GFF's mod release, like this one.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

@Mellowtron11: Until you fix it, you should probably change the mod list it as K1R incompatible.

Should I just advise people to leave the p_jolee001.utc file out of the override folder?

Some folks don't read the minutia of the install instructions.  Make it easier on yourself and list it as K1R incompatible until you make a work around.  That's my two cents but others here may disagree.

• Light Side Points 1

My two cents: you can create a new folder tagged as let's say -- "K1R_Compatibility_Patch" with a copy of your p_jolee001.utc inside. And then you open that UTC using kgff and on its ScriptDialogue node you change the value from k_hen_dialogue01 to k1r_jolee_diag. I personally think that could work. User will be noticed about which one they should or should not install then. Any extensive information as you see them fit would be much appreciated though.

• Like 1