DarthVarkor

K1 - Does anyone know what this animation is?

The animation Calo Nord does in the hangar on Taris when he threatens to blow the group up, anyone know what the animation number/name is?

I looked at the script he performs for that line according to the dlg file, apparently it's "ActionPlayAnimation(113, 1.0, 0.0);". But in game, firing animation no.113 is a two handed attack animation.

2019-03-13 15_13_15-Let's Play Star Wars_ KotOR - Part 11 - Escaping Taris - YouTube.png

Per nwscript.nss, animation 113 is ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_USE_COMPUTER. If you look at Calo's model, it has a single animation - usecomp. Seems even Bioware use the dance animation substitution trick (albeit using a different anim).

K1_Calo_usecomp.thumb.jpg.362ceed72fb289ae1277ed80fa34a74e.jpg

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

Per nwscript.nss, animation 113 is ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_USE_COMPUTER. If you look at Calo's model, it has a single animation - usecomp. Seems even Bioware use the dance animation substitution trick (albeit using a different anim).

Hmm, I see. So, is there no way to get Calo's animation from the picture to fire in the game on anyone I want? (Canderous, for example.)

Not unless you do the same sort of thing, preferably not using an important animation like usecomp. That's usually why people substitute the dance animation - it's one of the few scriptable animations that is pretty much never needed (unless you are making a Twi'lek stripper cutscene I guess).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Not unless you do the same sort of thing. That's usually why people substitute the dance animation - it's one of the few scriptable animations that is pretty much never needed (unless you are making a Twi'lek stripper cutscene I guess).

Yeah, that's what I tried. I found anim 113 in animations.2a, it's name is "f2a1". So to test it, I used Anim 77 (Spasm) and replaced it with "f2a1", but like I said, when firing it the animation appears to be a combat attack animation.

2019-03-13 15_49_39-2DA Editor.png

2019-03-13 15_49_55-2DA Editor.png

As I said in your previous thread, K1 doesn't work like TSL. You can only script the animations explicitly listed in nwscript.nss - ignore anything in the 2DA. If you want a custom animation you'll either need to use a stunt model specified in the DLG (which I'm surprised Bioware didn't do in the Calo example), or use the same hacky animation name swap trick if you want to script it.

As I said in your previous thread, K1 doesn't work like TSL. You can only script the animations explicitly listed in nwscript.nss - ignore anything in the 2DA. If you want a custom animation you'll either need to use a stunt model in a cutscene (which I'm surprised Bioware didn't do in the Calo example), or use the same hacky animation name swap trick.

Ah, right. So for the hack method to work. Would I still need to rename one of the animations in the 2da to "usecomp" as you listed?

Just now, DarthParametric said:

You would need to import the animation onto the model you want to play it and rename it as appropriate.

I've never dabbled into stuff like that, what would I need to do for it? Does it involve 3DsMax?

GMax/Max typically, yes. I'm not sure if Blender can handle animations yet. Depending on your preference, you might be able to get away with doing it just via editing ASCII models in a text editor.

However, if you are talking about Canderous that introduces a wrinkle, because he is a large body size, which means animation scaling is required. So what you'll actually want to do is create a new intermediary supermodel with just the animation you want. Then you'd point the P_CandBB model to that as its supermodel instead of S_Female02. Your intermediary supermodel would, in turn, point to S_Female02 as its supermodel.

• Like 2

GMax/Max typically, yes. I'm not sure if Blender can handle animations yet. Depending on your preference, you might be able to get away with doing it just via editing ASCII models in a text editor.

However, if you are talking about Canderous that introduces a wrinkle, because he is a large body size, which means animation scaling is required. So what you'll actually want to do is create a new intermediary supermodel with just the animation you want. Then you'd point the P_CandBB model to that as its supermodel instead of S_Female02. Your intermediary supermodel would, in turn, point to S_Female02 as its supermodel.

Well, it's Canderous "disguised" as Calo (machinima related). But unfortunately, I have little to no skill or knowledge in using GMax/Max or ASCII, so this may be a lost cause. Oh well, thanks for your help anyway!

If it's just the Calo animation you want to use, you probably only need to edit the supermodel and animation scale values. You need to be specific about what models you are using in order to explain how to go about it.

2 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

If it's just the Calo animation you want to use, you probably only need to edit the supermodel and animation scale values. You need to be specific about what models you are using in order to explain how to go about it.

Just the animation, yeah. Let's say Canderous but disguised as Calo in this instance. So if he's disguised as Calo, is editing the supermodel and all the scaling stuff still required?

OR I could spawn in Calo himself, and apply the animation to Calo's actual model.

"Disguised" is pretty vague. I am assuming you are just literally using the Calo model, no? In which case it already has the animation.

Sorry, yeah. I modified a belt to change Canderous' appearance to Calo when equipped.

That's an interesting trick, the ability to change from a 6'6" guy to a 4' midget. Truly a master of disguise.

So what's the problem then? If you are using the Calo model already, you should just be able to script it to play ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_USE_COMPUTER  the same as the vanilla scene does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's an interesting trick, the ability to change from a 6'6" guy to a 4' midget. Truly a master of disguise.

So what's the problem then? If you are using the Calo model already, you should just be able to script it to play ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_USE_COMPUTER  the same as the vanilla scene does.

Ah, wow, you're right. Just fired the animation whilst disguised as Calo and it worked perfectly. Thanks!