Sign in to follow this  
Chisatobailey

New Modder - .2da issue

Hello, I am a new modder. I have been creating a few items for TSL and recently decided to try to create a few new upgrade items for my lightsaber.  I have attempted to load the finished mod both manually and through the TSL patcher; Regardless of the loading method however, all the items I have created will show up in my inventory (once acquired through the console or in the placeable that I created for them)  but will not show up in the workbench. It is like the game is simply not seeing the upgrade.2da file in the override folder. 

I was hoping someone might know why this is happening and what I might do to rectify it?

Which version of the game? (disc, Steam etc.) With or without TSLRCM? (TSLRCM contains upgrade.2da)

• Thanks 1

I’m running steam and yes I am running  TSLRCM  without M4-78. Also (in case you ask) I am not running the Steam Workshop mod folder.

Edited by Chisatobailey

Hm, not sure what running Steam with TSLRCM while not running the workshop means. Either way, like I said, TSLRCM contains upgrade.2da, it might cause the game to ignore your upgrade.2da in your override folder.

14 hours ago, Effix said:

Hm, not sure what running Steam with TSLRCM while not running the workshop means

There is a "Workshop mod Folder" on steam that appears to work as some kind of secondary override folder. I was simply saying that I do not use it. 🙂

14 hours ago, Effix said:

like I said, TSLRCM contains upgrade.2da, it might cause the game to ignore your upgrade.2da in your override folder.

I removed all of the mods running and stripped the game back to basics, then reloaded TSLRCM ( i figured that I would try extracting the Upgrade.2da direct from the Override folder) but after I reloaded TSLRCM there wasn't an upgrade.2da in the override. Do you know if that mod does something different with ".2da" files? (I mean to say does it stick certain file types in a location other than the override folder or make adjustments directly to the 2DA.bif file?)

Thank you, by the way, for you help on this Effix.

56 minutes ago, Chisatobailey said:

Do you know if that mod does something different with ".2da" files? (I mean to say does it stick certain file types in a location other than the override folder or make adjustments directly to the 2DA.bif file?)

I found where steam places the overrides for workshop content. 🙂 

BTW, I removed TSLRCM and my mod works perfectly so that was absolutely the issue. Thank you for pointing me in the direction. 

Now I just need to figure out how to make TSLRCM and my mod play nicely together. If you have any thoughts I would love to hear them. 

Edited by Chisatobailey

You can add your changes to TSLRCM's upgrade.2da, then both should work.
The location will be something like [drive]:\[steamfolder]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\208580\485537937\override

That’s where my mind was headed I’m glad to hear I was thinking on the right lines… Thank you. 

Thinking ahead to a release version: to your knowledge  is it possible to target the TSLRCM override folder with the TSL patcher or in your opinion would it be easier/more efficient to  instruct other players on manual install?

And again, thank you for the advice!

You might need to study a bit on how, but with the TSL Patcher you can add lines to upgrade.2da. That's the power of the Patcher.
Unfortunately inluding the Patcher in a Steam workshop mod is not a thing, but with a non Steam mod you can instruct people with the Steam version to point the patcher to that TSLRCM folder I mentioned above.

• Thanks 1