bagthesnoot

Disciple Retexure

Does anyone else think Disciple looks too old, or that something's just off about his face? He's supposed to be in his early twenties, right? 

I'd love to see a mod that retextures his face to look the intended age, instead of like a well-fed senator whose mid-life crisis has manifested itself as a creepy crush on the Exile.

22 minutes ago, bagthesnoot said:

instead of like a well-fed senator whose mid-life crisis has manifested itself as a creepy crush on the Exile.

This could not be more well said..... 

So are you looking for a mod that does this or asking for one to be created? 

Here's a mod that changes his look: http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php under New Disciple 

I'm not sure if what you're really looking for can be done with a reskin alone, because the shape of his head does a lot.
Maybe a reskin of another head and swapping that onto Mical would be a better way to go.

This is my reskin from a while back:

I suppose I was asking for one to be created, although I was also wondering if anyone had already taken a crack at it or if there was even any general interest in changing his face.

I do like the one you linked, jc2. It's definitely an improvement. I also found one that gives him a thin beard over the existing texture, which makes him look much better (although I wonder if being clean-shaven fits the character better—he's supposed to be something of a twist on the young naive hero archetype à la Luke Skywalker, right?)

Would it be possible to put the hair from the original model onto the face from the "New Disciple" mod? I'm curious how that would look. But anyway, either of the two existing solutions do the trick pretty well.

I don't know about the people here who are awesome at modifying 3D models (I'm not), but I think it's quite complex to try the hair swap.
The hair isn't a separate 3D model, so trying another hairstyle isn't as easy as in some other games (e.g. SWTOR). The texture also contains everything (hair + the rest) for that one head model.

Feel free to request something specific, not sure if you've already found something close enough.

Ah, I see—I wonder, would it be feasible to recolor PMHH01 to have the same hair/eye/skin color as Disciple and then make a mod, similar to "New Disciple," that replaces his head with the recolored PMHH01? I think that might produce a result approaching what Disciple is supposed to look like.

But if it would be particularly difficult or time consuming to do that I wouldn't really feel comfortable requesting it, as I'm reasonably content with the two options already available (New Disciple and the one with a beard added). 

• Like 1

fKBEKG1.jpg

Alright, here it is. Just unzip and copy the files from the folder to your override folder.

Effixians_Disciple_Alternative.zip

Keep the zip file to know which files you need to remove from the override folder in case you want to uninstall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Light Side Points 4

13 hours ago, Effix said:

Alright, here it is...

Spoiler

fKBEKG1.jpg

That is a nice retexture there! And thanks for sharing it. :cheers:

The link for the retexture seems to be broken. I know this is an old thread, but is it possible to re-upload the file, if it wouldn’t be too much of a hassle that is. Thanks for reading.

6 hours ago, Ioannis said:

The link for the retexture seems to be broken. I know this is an old thread, but is it possible to re-upload the file, if it wouldn’t be too much of a hassle that is. Thanks for reading.

Try it in a different browser. It downloads fine in chrome.

@Effix's Disciple mod is an incredible improvement over the original, thank you for this! There's just one little problem I encountered, and it's that when he turns his head to the sides there's something popping out of his cheeks.

improved disciple problem 1.png

improved disciple problem 2.png

Yes, it uses the head PMHH01 (player model head hispanic 01), which has that issue.

There's a mod that fixes the standard player head, but I haven't asked if I can reuse that for this.

Edit: Sent him a message, but he hasn't been here in over a year. It's something you could combine yourself, but it can be a bit tricky if you're not familiar with modding.

Yeah, I'm not exactly really familiar with modding unfortunately. Guess I'll have to live with it for now.

Actually, I think it might be easier than I thought:
Get the above mod by redrob41, unzip, rename pmhh01.mdx to p_discipleh.mdx, copy that to the override folder (replace my version), done.

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 2

3 hours ago, Effix said:

Actually, I think it might be easier than I thought:
Get the above mod by redrob41, unzip, rename pmhh01.mdx to p_discipleh.mdx, copy that to the override folder (replace my version), done.

It worked! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1