Sign in to follow this  
Mellowtron11

Name idea for a small mod

I made a small mod that changes Juhani's red lightsaber to blue in the Dantooine grove. However, I have no idea what to name it. 

Here is the readme description-

"Why does Juhani have a red lightsaber in the Dantooine Grove? Going off the older EU canon from back in the day, most red lightsaber crystals were made through the use of making synthetic crystals. So how did Juhani make her lightsaber red?? Since this game was made before the idea of making a lightsaber crystal bleed was canon, this mod aims to fix that."

Ideas, anyone? Thanks!

*Cough* Nearby Crystal Cave filled to the brim with Red Crystals *cough*

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Juhani Lightsaber Fix" as, whilst it is non-canon, having Juhani use a Blue Lightsaber instead of Red is the most logical weapon she'd use after fleeing the Jedi.

• Like 2

If you do this, let me know. Might try my hand at a compatibility thing between SotOR and your mod.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

*Cough* Nearby Crystal Cave filled to the brim with Red Crystals *cough*

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Juhani Lightsaber Fix" as, whilst it is non-canon, having Juhani use a Blue Lightsaber instead of Red is the most logical weapon she'd use after fleeing the Jedi.

Shhhhhhhh........  😁 Eventually I might make a mod that removes the red lightsaber crystals from the crystal cave. Having Kinrath inadvertently make red crystals in their eggs never made any sense to me, even when I first played this game back in high school.

But yeah, Juhani just using her default saber in a hostile environment seems the most likely of scenarios.

I like the name suggestion by the way! I'll be sure to credit you in the mod description!

5 hours ago, JDub96 said:

If you do this, let me know. Might try my hand at a compatibility thing between SotOR and your mod.

Well, with the suggestions above, I'm almost ready to release this mod. Thank you everyone!

6 hours ago, Mellowtron11 said:

Having Kinrath inadvertently make red crystals in their eggs never made any sense to me, even when I first played this game back in high school.

Why?

3 minutes ago, djh269 said:

Reminds me of this thread: 

https://deadlystream.com/topic/3143-proposal-change-juhanis-color-crystal-in-the-grove/

Love the divide in opinion of whether she should have a blue / red saber crystal haha. 

Holy cow, that was back in 2015. No wonder I missed it! The gamefront link in that thread no longer works so......

I'll still use your mod though, I loved Anakin using a blue saber in EPIII, and it's more plausible for her to use a blue saber. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Mellowtron11 said:

In EU canon, didn't red crystals have to be made synthetically?

No as in Return of the Jedi vader had a natural red crystal explaining why it had  a more pinkish color

Edit: Vader used the natural red lightsaber crystal between a new hope and empire

Edited by clone3797
  • Like 1