Sign in to follow this  
JDub96

Sabers of the Old Republic

Hello all,

A few players have expressed interest in Qui-Don Jorn's Sabers of the Old Republic mod. Unfortunately, the only version I have has been moderately adjusted with some personal changes, requiring the use of the K1 Revan hilt I have uploaded, alongside an individual touchup I may upload later on. In the interim, there are a few errors with scripts I seem to experience. Such as Darth Bandon spawning with a generic double-bladed lightsaber rather than his unique version. Or a generic color crystal being given to the player rather than the unique version the mod provides. If anyone is willing to assist me in repairing this, I will be able to upload the mod with credits to the individual. I will provide my version of the mod to anyone who offers their help so they can fix the scripts, then they can return the fixed version to me so I can upload it.

Alternatively, if anyone knows the script responsible for providing the player with their lightsaber crystal on Dantooine, and can further instruct me on script editing... I can try to fix it myself. I'm a novice so I need the help.

Nah. Before the visual revolution on Deadly Stream, Kaidon Jorn stated in his status update that he allows everyone to use assets he produced as long as he is credited. 

EDIT: The status update is still available to be read on the site. @Sith Holocron, you even said "thanks" back then. It is also repeated on his mods' pages (at least the SWTOR sabers). What doubts me though is that he stated that his every work on Deadly Stream is to be used, but seeing as his mods on Deadly Stream are mostly just the most recent outcomes of projects he realized (besides HotOR maybe, which was reduced a lot while getting transformed to SLM), I think it is safe to assume that it applies to all of his work.

1 hour ago, superSzym said:

I think it is safe to assume that it applies to all of his work.

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.  I can make an ass out of myself quite well by myself.  

As he specifically requested the aforementioned mod to be removed from the site, I'm not sure that SotOR applies.  I should recall about the mod removal as I was the one that took it down for him, IIRC.

Ah, alright then. I had no idea (or maybe I once had, but I had already forgotten that mod by the time I was adding the comment) that the mod ever was on the site, so I thought it was, like HotOR, another project that was replaced by a newer one. Too much assumptions, I guess.

1 hour ago, superSzym said:

Ah, alright then. I had no idea (or maybe I once had, but I had already forgotten that mod by the time I was adding the comment) that the mod ever was on the site, so I thought it was, like HotOR, another project that was replaced by a newer one. Too much assumptions, I guess.

For all I know, his statement could have applied to SotOR but it's impossible to know unless someone asks him.  ;)

Thanks, @Tyvokka

I have sent a PM asking QDJ to clarify.  I said he could PM me directly but it was preferable to post here (so everyone could see it).  I don't want to be a spoil sport, folks.  If he's cool with all of his mods being fair game - even the ones he asked to be removed - that would be good to know for all us going forward.

20 minutes ago, JDub96 said:

What's HotOR?

This is HotOR.

Well I'll be a tach's uncle.

Regardless, I have no intention of claiming ANY of QDJ's work as my own. I also don't want to defy his requests. I only sought to provide a mod which others requested and trying to be a friendly member of this community.

17 minutes ago, JDub96 said:

I only sought to provide a mod which others requested and trying to be a friendly member of this community.

Which is a great sentiment.  I guess we'll see if he drops a note in this thread or to me what his actual wishes are.  Until then, there's a number of other mods from him folks can check out in the mean time.

• Light Side Points 1

Ok.

Officially - anyone can do whatever they want with my mods - any of them, from here on Deadlystream or anywhere else. That now officially includes SotOR as well.  (SH, I think I originally told you to remove it because I intended to fix and change it, then reupload it, but never got around to it.) 

More importantly, I think though, is that anyone can do whatever they need to do with my mods. Which would have more to do with scripting since there might be a compatibility issue or even a simple mistake on my part.

Now that I think back on it, I never really got the original saber quest in KotOR scripted correctly (not for a lack of trying), or maybe I did. I really don't remember now. So if someone had the will and the knowledge to fix that and reupload that'd be cool too.

Also, would anyone be interested in the original source code for many of my mods?

I got a big folder with your name on it.

Alright, I'm off to play TOR,...toodles.

-KJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 2

@Kaidon Jorn Thanks so much Kaidon! If at all possible, I'd love to have the latest files and source code you might have left for SotOR. Who knows? Maybe I can learn something about fixing up that crystal code and getting the Endar Spire and Manaan instances of Darth Bandon to use his saber! :)

Edit: In light of the confirmation of permission, I would like to re-extend my request for scripters and modders to help me make the desired adjustments to this mod. This way I can provide a fully functioning version to players.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:44 AM, Kaidon Jorn said:

Ok.

Officially - anyone can do whatever they want with my mods - any of them, from here on Deadlystream or anywhere else. That now officially includes SotOR as well.  (SH, I think I originally told you to remove it because I intended to fix and change it, then reupload it, but never got around to it.) 

More importantly, I think though, is that anyone can do whatever they need to do with my mods. Which would have more to do with scripting since there might be a compatibility issue or even a simple mistake on my part.

Now that I think back on it, I never really got the original saber quest in KotOR scripted correctly (not for a lack of trying), or maybe I did. I really don't remember now. So if someone had the will and the knowledge to fix that and reupload that'd be cool too.

Also, would anyone be interested in the original source code for many of my mods?

I got a big folder with your name on it.

Alright, I'm off to play TOR,...toodles.

-KJ

I might be interested in such things since I might be having a try on updating and maybe expanding SLM.

@superSzym

Don't suppose you'd consider helping me fix up SotOR first? I really want to get the mod up to snuff.

EDIT: Also need someone capable of repackaging modules so I can edit the Manaan instance of Bandon without affecting his Endar Spire instance.

Well, I am kind of an amateur myself but if you need help with something, I will try to take a look at it and do my best. And I think DarthParametric explained somewhere how to edit different instances of files with the same names differently using TSLPatcher.

Could someone point me in the direction of ERFEdit and whatever application allows me to create or modify TSL patchers?

5 hours ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

You're looking for ChangeEdit for the second one.

Is there a link for ChangeEdit? Or is it simply on this site?

Following this with high an excitement and anticipation. Kotor's been my favorite game for years and years, but I only *just* got into modding it, obviously going a lil crazy with the modding.  Hoping to see this see a final form. I thought I was doing something wrong when I didn't get the PC lightsaber... not getting Belaya's either. She does the dialogue, but I don't get the item. But then again, I'm trying to mash so many things together. The restorations mod,  Crixler's new lightsaber crystals mod, diversified jedi captives on the star forge mod... I don't have any programming knowledge, so i've been clumsily playing around with what the various tools let me figure out... mostly UTC, M, and P's.....

Don't really have things to contribute,  but whatever encouragement it is: I can't wait to see this fleshed out.

Huh. That's interesting. In my version, she doesn't even bring up her lightsaber. I was actually hoping to remove that part altogether from the final version because I absolutely hate unvoiced dialogue. Plus it always struck me as a little jarring that Belaya just hands you her lightsaber. My final version will likely have the Belaya lightsaber thing cut altogether if that's alright with you.