Kexikus

MOD:Visually Repair HK-47

Visually Repair HK-47

When you first meet HK-47 in KotOR II: TSL, he’s basically junk until you put him back together. I’ve always wanted this evolution from a piece of junk to a high quality assassin droid to be visible on HK-47, so that’s where this mod comes from.
With this mod, the HK-47 you find in your cargo hold looks like the piece of junk he is but over time you replace his parts with new ones and he returns to his old self we know from the first game.
This is not a purely cosmetical change however. I restored HK’s upgrades from KotOR 1 and each time you repair/upgrade him, he’ll look better and get a stat bonus.
The requirements to unlock these upgrades increase with each successful upgrade: For the first one you need to be level 6, have a repair skill of 8 and at least 41 influence with HK-47; for the last one you need level 15, 17 repair and 51 influence.

Optionally you can also install HD reskins for HK-50 and HK-51.

All of the new textures are based on Quanon’s excellent HK-47 reskin for KotOR 1.

See a video demonstration of this mod here:

Installation:
Run TSLPatcher.exe and choose the version you want to install. Then simply let TSL Patcher do its magic. When asked to select the folder where TSL is installed, choose the folder that includes swkotor2.exe or if you have TSLRCM from the Steam Workshop, choose its folder. Do NOT delete the backup folder that is created during the installation, you'll need it if you ever want to uninstall this mod.
For modders: I included the source scripts in the download in case you're interested. Ignore them if you only want to install and play the mod.

Uninstallation:
Take all the files from this mod’s tslpatchdata folder and delete those from your Override folder (except for the .nss and .mp3 files). Also delete hk_repair.ncs from your Override and the .mp3 files from streamvoice/GBL/HK47. Then copy all files from the backup folder created during the installation of this mod into your Override.

Compabilitiy:
This mod is NOT compatible with ANY mods that alter HK-47’s appearance in any way. The HK-50/HK-51 reskin option is also not compatible with mods that alter the appearance of HK-50 and HK-51 either. Most other mods however should be compatible.

Changelog:
1.0 Initial release

Credits:
Mod by Kexikus
HK-47 texture by Quanon (modified by Kexikus)
TSL Patcher by stoffe

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR OBSIDIAN. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/25/2019
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Thanks 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

This is a fantastic mod idea, and I look forward to trying it out!

Greetings, mod's author! :cheers:

So I went with Option 4 which is --

...installs the "Visually Repair HK-47" mod and HD reskins for HK-50 and HK-51 in a TSLRCM compatible form.

- and saw an oversight in the namespaces.INI setup which are wrong references for both the Ini/InfoName. On the IniName it was written changes50TSLRCM while the physical file's written as changesTSLRCM50 - therefore, the patcher reads that as changes50 which is Option 2, and is not a TSLRCM compatible form setup. I believe that would causes troubles as one listed for compatibility and the other one aren't. The InfoName was wrong too but I don't think it matter that much. I was saved and being grateful to stoffe's TSLPatcher's setup overview that makes it possible to preview the oncoming installation, hahah.

That's all for the report, and many thanks for considering this.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ebmar said:

Greetings, mod's author! :cheers:

So I went with Option 4 which is --

- and saw an oversight in the namespaces.INI setup which are wrong references for both the Ini/InfoName. On the IniName it was written changes50TSLRCM while the physical file's written as changesTSLRCM50 - therefore, the patcher reads that as changes50 which is Option 2, and is not a TSLRCM compatible form setup. I believe that would causes troubles as one listed for compatibility and the other one aren't. The InfoName was wrong too but I don't think it matter that much. I was saved and being grateful to stoffe's TSLPatcher's setup overview that makes it possible to preview the oncoming installation, hahah.

That's all for the report, and many thanks for considering this.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

2 hours ago, Kexikus said:

The issue is now fixed.

Thank you for fixing it rather quickly. :cheers:

Actually there's a thing that I forgot to report in the first place, and I'm not sure if you already changed it with the update. In initial release the HKs' texture are missing their alpha masks, hence the TXI parameters/shader's information [that included with the setup] will not working, therefore, the HKs will not have reflections [as they should].

Much thanks for considering this.

I already posted a comment, but I realized it'd be better place here.

First I'm running linux, which is the overall problem, but past that,

I get a CTD as soon as I replace HK47's Chassis. The TSLpatcher only error is that it cannot find certain entries in the hk47.dlg file, and skips them. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello !

I've downloaded your mod since this idea of a "patched" HK-47 with HK-50 elements is so great.

However, I encountered a problem : on Nar Shaddaa, I finally got the final component to reactivate HK-47.  I went back to the Ebon Hawk and everything went smoothly with no graphics glitch at all (splendid job with the textures, by the way !). HK-47 and me got our first conversation and then, I left the Ebon Hawk with him to do some levelling up. Again, no problem at all.

However, during my next visit to him aboard the Ebon Hawk, I was unable to initiate a dialog - at each attempt, this message prompted (see "borrowed" capture).

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fknik9xbbvvk61.png%3Fwidth%3D1920%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D229eea684f109c19f080aae9ae92b52bd77f6a1c

Here are potentially useful info :

1) I use the TSLRCM mod (1.8.5 version) ;

2) I installed and play the game in French.

I've read on Reddit that the problem could be related to an incompatibility between my chosen language and your mod. Is there a way to solve the problem ?

Thank you very much in advance.

i repaired a piece of hk 47 then hiss model just comlpetely disappeared from the game. is there a way to fix this?

That sounds like a mod compability issue. Might still be somewhat fixable but I would expect you will run into more issues later on (at least with repairing HK).

Is this after he joined the party or before?

And please attach appearance.2da from your Override, that might help find the issue.

I have also run into the same issue reported by previous users. When I install the chassis, the model disappears, then when I move forward to confirm dialogue, the game crashes to desktop.

I've tested completely removing the mod via the uninstallation instructions provided, and doing so completely makes the issue go away, meaning it is definitely this mod at the source, or at the very least an incompatibility.

I followed the following mod pack to the letter, featured by much of the KOTOR community:

https://kotor.neocities.org/modding/mod_builds/k2/full

The version of the mod I installed was #4, for TSLRCM compatibility + reskins.

If relevant, I did not downgrade my game to an earlier version as some users sometimes do when modding. I am using the latest official version of the game on steam.

I've attached my appearance.2da in case that helps you. Thank you.

appearance.2da

Edited by freestyleSF055

On 11/28/2023 at 6:13 AM, freestyleSF055 said:

I have also run into the same issue reported by previous users. When I install the chassis, the model disappears, then when I move forward to confirm dialogue, the game crashes to desktop.

I've tested completely removing the mod via the uninstallation instructions provided, and doing so completely makes the issue go away, meaning it is definitely this mod at the source, or at the very least an incompatibility.

I followed the following mod pack to the letter, featured by much of the KOTOR community:

https://kotor.neocities.org/modding/mod_builds/k2/full

The version of the mod I installed was #4, for TSLRCM compatibility + reskins.

If relevant, I did not downgrade my game to an earlier version as some users sometimes do when modding. I am using the latest official version of the game on steam.

I've attached my appearance.2da in case that helps you. Thank you.

appearance.2da 155.52 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the file. It looks fine. Could you please also attach your drdparts.dlg and hk_repair.ncs files?

Thank you.

I tried the new file, but the issue persists exactly the same as before.

I've done some testing by adding files one at a time to see which ones might cause the crash, and confirmed that drdparts.dlg is causing it. I can have all the other files in my override and modules folders without issue (though obviously without all of them, I know the mod won't work as intended).

At one point I clicked through the dialogue to replace the chassis fast enough that the model simply disappeared without crashing the game. I could still interact with the space where the model used to be, and upon doing so the game crashes immediately, so yes it seems to definitely be related to the dialogue file.

Edited by freestyleSF055

Sure.

So if I click fast enough, the model just disappears without crashing my game as I said. Then in the empty space where the model used to be, I can still click it to start dialogue. This shows up, and then after I click past this line of dialogue, the came crashes.

2PGkXZx.jpg

Also, the save file was larger than the file size limit, so instead I've compressed the folder and sent it that way.

000005 - Game4.7z

For additional clarity, this is what happens:

1. There is HK-47 on the Ebon Hawk. I have the chassis and I'm coming here to install it.

J8Rbwcw.jpg

2. I initiate dialogue to install the piece.

AWB84b2.jpg

3. I click option #1. The model then disappears as shown in this screenshot below.

yV9jR1T.jpg

4. If I click through past this dialogue, the game crashes to desktop.

If I click all the dialogue options very quickly, I can avoid crashing the game, but the model still disappears, as shown in this screenshot down here:

C3hlNyi.png

At this point, I can still talk to the invisible model, but if I do the game crashes too. If I leave the area and return, or save here and load, the model is still gone and I can't interact with it anymore.

I hope the screenshots provide some amount of clarity. Thank you for your help.

Edited by freestyleSF055

Thank you very much. I'm still very confused though. In the savegame, it looks like HKs appearance was correctly set, so I don't get why he's invisible. I will have to look into this in more detail and try to replicate the bug myself.

For now, you can try just removing drdparts.dlg and continuing the game. It's effect is only visual and everything else should still work. But I would recommend that you make saves before completing HK and everytime before you repair him.