Greetings, fellow Jedi! Wish you all the best of time. :cheers:

I am here to ask;

• Is 'Rescale World Units' not available on gmax v1.2 [yes, the ancient ones]?

Because the 'More...' button under the 'Utilities' tab is greyed out and inaccessible.

If indeed it's not available,

• Is there any workaround?

I am about to attempt on re-scaling a model/s using this post as a reference.

Many thanks for considering this.

Edited by ebmar

Your only option with GMax is doing it via scripting. I had a quick look around but couldn't see anything. I know that the Dragon Age Origins I/O script had some sort of function that could replicate the World Units thing, although I am unsure if it worked in the GMax version. It's probably the sort of thing that would be nice for @bead-v to add to KMax, if he ever returns from the Unknown Regions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I had a quick look around but couldn't see anything.

Thank you for the effort! Very much appreciated. :cheers:

Your only option with GMax is doing it via scripting.

More likely, as I was experimenting with the 'Scale Wizard' feature of K-max which I was assuming that it work in similar way with RWU and well; it look promising at first, the program does processing the entered scale but resulting in this error message:

MaxScrpt_Error.thumb.JPG.b1f81fcd24ac96472a443f81bbc432ae.JPG

I was excited with the possibility before that message came out, lol.

The scale wizard was meant for exactly this purpose apparently.

I don't have the time to get into this properly, but I did make a quickfix which should make it usable. Hopefully that helps you out, @ebmar. You put these into "gmax\scripts\KOTORmax\kotormax_scripts", overwrite the old ones and reload gmax.

The script will probably encounter problems if there are more objects with the same name in the selection.

kotormax_scale_fix_20190121.zip

• Thanks 1

IIRC, MDLEdit has a feature that allows you to scale model size. I used it to change the size of the fire emitter a little while ago.

1 hour ago, bead-v said:

I don't have the time to get into this properly, but I did make a quickfix which should make it usable. Hopefully that helps you out...

Awesome! Thank you so much bead-v for lending your time and expertise on making the fix. Very- very much appreciated. :cheers:

I will look into testing the new script.

You put these into "gmax\scripts\KOTORmax\kotormax_scripts", overwrite the old ones and reload gmax.

The script will probably encounter problems if there are more objects with the same name in the selection.

Got it!

Edit:

55 minutes ago, Malkior said:

IIRC, MDLEdit has a feature that allows you to scale model size. I used it to change the size of the fire emitter a little while ago.

I didn't know that. Later I experimented with scaling the model using its ASCII by enlarging the value of 'scale' and 'setanimationscale' to a respective value, with few editing to appearance.2da. Well, the model does loaded [with no change applied apparently] and the creature moving normally, but there was some geometry issues which I decided to not using the binary afterwards.

Update: The script and the compiled binary works, @bead-v! :bow:

Kmax_Script_Works.JPG.39c5bd54089d022a30fd1f83499fdee1.JPG

Again, can't say enough thanks to you; but this should work...

MTFBWY.gif.13dc18696778e00ab1ebe4e48ba00560.gif

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Larger Rakghouls? I lika dis.