Logan23

Update From Logan23

Hi everyone.

I know it has been a very long time since I have been here

I know most of you guys have guessed that this mod is dead.

I wish I had better news but over the past year plus with dealing with my mental health issues...I have not been able to continue the work on it. I am doing better but there is still work to be done to get my life back in order. I'm sorry , I didn't make this post earlier.

I know the interest in this project is not what it use to be but if anyone is interested in continue the project,... I can get all the files and info to you. 

I don't expect anyone to take it up, the most I can see if someone wants to turn the story and files into a story video on youtube.

I will wait till next weekend to see if anyone is interested in taking it over. 

If someone does take it over, I will be happy to help answer any questions and be as helpful as I can for them. I know it will be their project then and will not challenge any changes they might wish to make to the game.

Coming next weekend I will be releasing the major story elements of the RoR game if no one takes it over.

Even though you will not be able to play the game, you can at least read and imagine what it could have been.

During this week I will be releasing files as resources for other molders to use in their mods.  I ask for modders to just add in a credit line showing you got the files from this mod.

Looking at the mod and might be able to do a post along with the files and scripts used to make modules come alive fast with npcs placement and animations.

I am sorry I wasn't able to finish the project. 

If you need to reach me, simply private message me.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Happy New years ! 

I will be around the forums for the next few weeks and hope to visit more often but days of large huge mods like RoR is over.

Logan23

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Light Side Points 8

1 hour ago, Logan23 said:

If someone does take it over, I will be happy to help answer any questions and be as helpful as I can for them. I know it will be their project then and will not challenge any changes they might wish to make to the game.

Coming next weekend I will be releasing the major story elements of the RoR game if no one takes it over.

Even though you will not be able to play the game, you can at least read and imagine what it could have been.

During this week I will be releasing files as resources for other molders to use in their mods.  I ask for modders to just add in a credit line showing you got the files from this mod.

I'm sorry to hear that but I think you made the right choice. 

By any chance can the Revenge of Revan Demo be considered a Modders Resource now in addition to the source you are releasing? I hope this doesn't sound rude but it is already released and we won't have to wait a week for it to be available for us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I'm sorry to hear that but I think you made the right choice. 

By any chance can the Revenge of Revan Demo be considered a Modders Resource now in addition to the source you are releasing? I hope this doesn't sound rude but it is already released and we won't have to wait a week for it to be available for us.

Yes, The demo can be considered a resource 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No matter the outcome, whether or not anyone continues this, we all appreciate the time and effort you put into this project and this community.

Take care of yourself, my friend!

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 3

It's good to have closure on the mod, and it's good to know that you are doing better in terms of your real life.

Thanks for what you gave us, and well wishes for your future, sir.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Be well Logan, that's all any of us care about now :)

Glad to hear that you are getting better Logan, that is the only thing that matters!

We thank you deeply for all your hard work, dedication and contribution to the community and for your wise decision to share what you worked on with all of us!

So, did anyone pick the project up to continue work on it?

• Like 2

I've been following this mod on and off since I was a kid lurking around Lucasforums. Although it is sad to hear you're not working on it anymore, we are all glad you're doing OK and that it has come this far. Looking forward to what the community can do with the files as a resource.

• Like 3

Glad you’re doing alright Logan! Like many others have said, all that matters is your health. No matter what happens I can’t wait to hear about these story elements, always liked hearing ideas of an ideal third game 

• Like 1

Troha, and many others have voiced what I was planning on saying....

Again, we gratefully thank you for all your time and effort in continuing a beloved story such as this. We may never get a kotor 3 but I must say what you gave us was better then nothing at all. You gave us a glimpse at what was possible with the game a decade after it's release, you are an example of how devoted this community is to this part of Starwars, it's beautiful. What's even more so is the preservation of your well-being.

Take care and may the force be with you.

• Like 2

@Logan23

I have noticed that after you logged on in January to announce your retirememt from the Revenge of Revan and an imminent release of the project files, there has been only...radio silence!

You have not even logged on since then, and haven't posted anything at all...which makes me and your other friends here at DS verry verry worried!

Is everything OK, I hope? Do not hesitate to ask of me if you need anything like help or even to borrow some money... game development isn't easy for sure, and I totally feel for you! Remember I am here to gladly help!

As for anyone else, has anybody heard anything from Logan, or can confirm that he is OK? I wish him all the best!

He's fine. He posted yesterday on Facebook. 

BTW: How did you expect him to see your message? He's not following this thread and you didn't tag him. Finally,  he said to PM him if you needed to reach him. (Reread the OP.)

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 2

Hey, this sub has been forgotten for 5 months, maybe you guys should close it? Cuz it's completely unknown if Logan passed his work to some1 else/or going to provide details about plot of the mod and haven't been around for eternity.

• Dark Side Points 1

21 hours ago, Des said:

Hey, this sub has been forgotten for 5 months, maybe you guys should close it? Cuz it's completely unknown if Logan passed his work to some1 else/or going to provide details about plot of the mod and haven't been around for eternity.

Sub as in "this thread"? or the "ROR Sub Forum"? It would be kinda pointless to remove the one ideal place to discuss the ROR mod, even if it is cancelled.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, Des said:

Hey, this sub has been forgotten for 5 months, maybe you guys should close it? Cuz it's completely unknown if Logan passed his work to someone else/or going to provide details about plot of the mod and haven't been around for eternity.

For someone that has only commented or reacted to things in this section, may I recommend the rest of the site? There are other things to see here...

If folks do decide to take up where Logan23 left off, it won't be on your time table. So you may as well keep busy with other things.

• Like 3

Hello,

Good greetings to everyone here. I am posting here as I have a interest in the mod, I am new to modding but also have a degree in web based programming. 

My main reason for posting this is in hoping some people are willing to continue this mod. Now I know this is a far fetch thing to hope for. However, I am willing to put in time needed to learn and take this up to continue it if i can get the support i need to do so. I know nothing of Kotor programming and modding so I will need assistance. The more the merrier. 

I can be reached at Steam at =7Cav=SPC.Tenachi.S

Moddb: Sasuna_Tenachi

Discord: Epic_Mystical #9987

get me a message first would be helpful as to why you add me so I know. I would like a small team hopefully to help me get on track and continue this amazing mod.

I plan to reach out to logan to see if i can still reach him and hopefully get any resources he still might have.

Please dont hesitate to reach out with anything that can help me out. Like i said if i can get support, Ill continue this mod.

May the force be with you,

EpiC