Sign in to follow this  
JordanB500

Mod Setup Failure for the (10th or more) time, somehow.

Hello ive been back and forth between installations of this game/mods and i was sure i installed everything just fine i copied all of the loose files to the Override folder applied the 1.0b patch + the HQ Music/Movies installed Tslcrm + m478-ep latest version of both and an obscene number of other mods that dont automatically install into the game folder and worst of all ive had no errors when installing and aside from the time i had to merge two .2da files everything worked fine.(except for running the actual game)

Every time i started the game i cant even get past the narrator telling me about the hyperdrive or how fucked i am without a kolto tank and so i assumed that somehow i messed up but from the looks of it even with a no-cd patch and a clean install again. there is no way to play the game modded and i dont know why. any help is appreciated

i made a dvd iso with all the 4 cd files to avoid constant disc swapping and a backup folder. 

the list of mods ive used are

Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix

PVC Dancer's Outfit

called anim and sky in the zip file and alters the skybox

Animated Galaxy Map textures version 2.0

Texture for Atris' Sith Holocrons

Boma Beast Teeth Fix

Choose Mira or Hanharr

Coruscant scene no overlay

Coruscant High Resolution Textures

Increased Force Buff Durations 1.0

Darksword by chainz2da

Darth sapiens (and Deadman)  HD 2K Darth sion

Darth Sapien's Mandalore

Darth sapiens Nihilus

Darth sapiens presents HD 2K Visas Marr

Darth Sapiens Presents T3M4 HD

Hi-Res Beam Effects 2.0

Fire & Ice HD

Fixed Mandalorian Banners

BETTER MALE BODIES - KOTOR II or Frumpless

green level up icon

Holowan Cloakworks 2

improved peragus asteroid fields w/ more asteroids

and too many to list here

just suffice it to say that the ones i did install were compatib;e with tscrm 1.8.5 and m478-ep 1.5

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Ok, please edit your post and get rid of the enormous dead space of no text.

Second, you are using the disk version. The issue is likely Securom; Windows 10 does not support it. To fix that, you might try a no-cd patch. 

When looking for help, include the OS you are using please.

Did you install anything as a moderator? Are your game folders writeable or are they marked as Read-Only? Have you tried running in compatibility mode? XP SP3 would be my recommendation.

"Every time i started the game i cant even get past the narrator telling me about the hyperdrive or how fucked i am without a kolto tank and so i assumed that somehow i messed up but from the looks of it even with a "NO-CD PATCH" and a clean install again. there is no way to play the game modded and i dont know why. any help is appreciated"

also i played it with no mods and was half way thru peragus modless before even attempting to "mod it" i am using windows 10 pro x64 edition but if you think the problem is compatability when it worked before with no compatability changes then fine i will try that.

my SWKotOR2 folder is not read-only i made sure to check it before installing mods is there anything else you would like to recommend i do? 

Edit: i tried kotor2 in windows xp mode sp3 and i didnt even get to the main menu before crashing

the issue isnt in running the game it runs fine(unmodded) the issue is that for some reason i cannot get the game to work with these mods maybe they are out of date or because the tslcrm and m4-78ep are newer versions and i just need to get a later version of some mods i am unaware although unhappy as i am i will copy swkotor2 from my backup folder if there is no other fix  

Well without a full mod list (complete with links), I think there's not much anyone can do to help.

By the way, if you suspect that the issue is related to TSLRCM and/or M4-78 EP, you should follow the instructions listed in the second post of this thread.  Just sayin'

half of the mods i use dont even have a name(that i can find) like for a game this old that isnt hard to believe

also the "Get your Lightsaber Back from Atris by Lit Ridl"  is one of the incompatible mods  

Player’s lightsaber from Atris

What it does?
It gives you ability to get your own lightsaber from Atris (the one lightsaber that you’ve described to Atton)

Installation:
Click “Install Mod” button in the left-bottom corner of this window.

Credits:
LitRidl – for making this mod
Shaggoth – for idea of making it
Shem – for pointing me to some bugs

so this was the cause? and any others i missed

Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - Not compatible.(i have this one)

Kolto Tank on Ebon Hawk by Lit Ridl - Puts a very commonly named trigger used in many modules in override, breaking pretty much all of them. Incompatible with TSL itself thus, not merely TSLRCM.  that would explain my inability to get past the first few minutes of dialog

Alternate Revan Romances by felixfelicitas - According to Bookman230, this mod has a conflict with a 904Kriea.dlg file.  (this one too)

i shall reinstall all mods that are compatible and try again  thank you for the help and also why is usm not compatible aside form it not being supported? i believe i did use this mod with tslcrm an early version possibly before 1.8.3 i think i could be wrong but thats fine   

That is a lot of mods, the best option is to examine which files each mod edits and combine any that replace each other, or to just remove the mod that overwrites anything, my main guess is anything that overwrites 2DA files should be the cause of this, because most of your list of mods are texture mods, but certain mods that you have included that heavily effect the storyline / gameplay are very unlikely to be compatible, for example Alternate Revan Romances will most likely change the dialog.tlk file, as will TSLRCM & M478EP, so your best bet is to slowly remove any mods that might effect the same files.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Mods in Win 10 should be installed as a moderator. The Patcher works in mysterious ways to W10, and it doesn't like it. 

Test this by looking at the 'tslpatchdata' of one of your mods. Compare it to the contents of your override. Override files from tslpatchdata folder should be there; if not, W10 security is killing your mod install and not giving you an error message (because lol M$)

Also, good advice from SH and Odinson!

just in case i fail again im wonder if im doing this right i used 2daconvert to merge spells.2da with another version of spells.2da (two different mods)and the program wants the unmodified file and two modified files and since i dont have a spells.2da other than these 2 i used one mod for the unmodded slot as well as the first slot and then another file for the second slot idk if this is the only way to do it but im not sure if anyone has a solution or an easier tool for merging these files id appreciate it

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:34 PM, JordanB500 said:

and too many to list here

just suffice it to say that the ones i did install were compatib;e with tscrm 1.8.5 and m478-ep 1.5

A complete list is vital.  Here's the issue: even if the mods are completely compatible with both TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78 1.5, they may not be compatible with each other. To quote the compatibility list...

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2010 at 10:05 AM, Sith Holocron said:

If a mod is added to this list, it MUST have a link to the place where it can be currently downloaded. If a mod is no longer able to be downloaded, it will not be on this list.

In addition, the mods listed below individually work with TSLRCM but may not work with each other. Deadly Stream holds no responsibility for mod's interaction with each other. Keep in mind that some mods in the Compatibility List have extra requirements which are indicated next to the title.

If you're starting your mod build from scratch anyway, how much more of an issue will it be to accurately list what you're putting in it?  It's helpful for this thread and you'll be the ultimate beneficiary.

since im doing a new setup anyways (since it failed again) i will relist all of the mods i used last time 

the mods i used are...

Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix by  Kristy Kistic, Unnamed mod adds a lot of textures for telos, Animated Galaxy Map textures version 2.0 by Sith Holocron, Texture for Atris' Sith Holocrons  by Sith Holocron,  boma beast teeth fix by Kainzorus Prime,  Choose Mira or Hanharr by Hassat Hunter(unknown if compatible), coruscant scene no overlay(as far as i know no known author or actual name present just a holorec.dlg), Coruscant High Resolution Textures by Exile007, Increased Force Buff Durations 1.0 by cyricc, darksword by chainz2da,  Darth sapiens (and Deadman) present HD 2K Darth sion, Darth Sapien's Mandalore,  Darth sapiens Nihilus, Darth sapiens presents HD 2K Visas Marr, Darth Sapiens Presents T3M4 HD, Hi-Res Beam Effects 2.0 by Darth InSidious,  fire and ice(unknown actual name or Fixed Mandalorian Banners by jonathan7,  better male bodies(unknown author),  Green Level-Up Icon by Darth InSidious,  Improved Peragus Asteroid Fields by  VasiliiZaytsev (aka RenegadeSniper7),    JC's Handmaiden Sisters by JCarter426,  Jedi Master Robes for All Robes by 90SK & VarsityPuppet, Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop v0.9 by Hassat Hunter, No Lightsaber Quest V1.5 by Hassat Hunter, Replacement Onderon Iziz Cantina Sign (version 1.1) by Sith Holocron(recently downloaded),  New Onderon Merchant by 90SK,  Peragus Large Monitor Adjustment by Sith Holocron, Peragus Ote by XediiXarWarz, Peragus II by Trench, Sion's Arrival at Peragus - High Resolution Movies by Kainzorus Prime, Peragus Galaxy Map Change by Kainzorus Prime, Peragus Mining Gear by Kainzorus Prime, Power Cost Correction by Hassat Hunter, Remote Tells You How Influential You Are by tk102, Revan's Mask v1.0 by Smoke (a.k.a HouseOfAmon), RedHawke's correction armband,  Realistic Nar Shadaa Skybox by Sharen Thrawn, More Subtle Animated Ebon Hawk Monitors (still not including Galaxy Map)  (version 1.2),  Citadel Station Signage 1.1,  Telos Ote,  Head Model Fixes for K2,  HIGH QUALITY STARS AND NEBULAS by Kexikus, vURT'S KOTOR: TSL EBON HAWK RETEXTURE 1.0, Workbench Crystal Attunement(now for the mods that use tslpatcher)

A Darker Peragus: REDUX, jinger's Admiralty Mod(recently downloaded + the tslrcm compatibility patch), Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, TSL GALAXY MAP FIX - CORUSCANT ADDON & NEW ICON AND PLANET TEXTURE, CURSE OF THE SITH,  Darth Nihilus Animation Fix 2.0, Darth Nihilus' Robes,  Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.0(+ the fixed changes.ini), Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.2 Patch/Update,  Halo Sword v1.1, Droid Enhancement,  Hanharr's jedi training V1.0,  Dustil Restoration, Extended Enclave,  Feat Progression, G0T0 overhaul, Increased Attributes and Skills, Make Armour & lightsabres at the Workbench Mod v2,  Jedi temple,  compatibility patch and expansion,  Kreia's Hood Down,  Lost Force Powers Pack, NPC Overhaul Mod 1.0, PartySwap 1.3.2,  Varsity TSL: Peragus V. 1.01, Remove Force Power Restrictions by Armors, RedHawke's exile item pack,  Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers, Peragus Sith Troops To Sith Assassins, Full Force Mod Pack 1, hakpad ultimate,  Galaxy Map Fix, Realistic Visual Effects and Defender's Wrist Console, Movement Animation Fix for both KOTOR and TSL.

(some of these have files that overlap each other so its hard to tell what will look best in-game)(if i can even get into a game that is)

4 hours ago, JordanB500 said:

since im doing a new setup anyways (since it failed again) i will relist all of the mods i used last time 

the mods i used are...

Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix by  Kristy Kistic, Unnamed mod adds a lot of textures for telos, Animated Galaxy Map textures version 2.0 by Sith Holocron, Texture for Atris' Sith Holocrons  by Sith Holocron,  boma beast teeth fix by Kainzorus Prime,  Choose Mira or Hanharr by Hassat Hunter(unknown if compatible), coruscant scene no overlay(as far as i know no known author or actual name present just a holorec.dlg), Coruscant High Resolution Textures by Exile007, Increased Force Buff Durations 1.0 by cyricc, darksword by chainz2da,  Darth sapiens (and Deadman) present HD 2K Darth sion, Darth Sapien's Mandalore,  Darth sapiens Nihilus, Darth sapiens presents HD 2K Visas Marr, Darth Sapiens Presents T3M4 HD, Hi-Res Beam Effects 2.0 by Darth InSidious,  fire and ice(unknown actual name or Fixed Mandalorian Banners by jonathan7,  better male bodies(unknown author),  Green Level-Up Icon by Darth InSidious,  Improved Peragus Asteroid Fields by  VasiliiZaytsev (aka RenegadeSniper7),    JC's Handmaiden Sisters by JCarter426,  Jedi Master Robes for All Robes by 90SK & VarsityPuppet, Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop v0.9 by Hassat Hunter, No Lightsaber Quest V1.5 by Hassat Hunter, Replacement Onderon Iziz Cantina Sign (version 1.1) by Sith Holocron(recently downloaded),  New Onderon Merchant by 90SK,  Peragus Large Monitor Adjustment by Sith Holocron, Peragus Ote by XediiXarWarz, Peragus II by Trench, Sion's Arrival at Peragus - High Resolution Movies by Kainzorus Prime, Peragus Galaxy Map Change by Kainzorus Prime, Peragus Mining Gear by Kainzorus Prime, Power Cost Correction by Hassat Hunter, Remote Tells You How Influential You Are by tk102, Revan's Mask v1.0 by Smoke (a.k.a HouseOfAmon), RedHawke's correction armband,  Realistic Nar Shadaa Skybox by Sharen Thrawn, More Subtle Animated Ebon Hawk Monitors (still not including Galaxy Map)  (version 1.2),  Citadel Station Signage 1.1,  Telos Ote,  Head Model Fixes for K2,  HIGH QUALITY STARS AND NEBULAS by Kexikus, vURT'S KOTOR: TSL EBON HAWK RETEXTURE 1.0, Workbench Crystal Attunement(now for the mods that use tslpatcher)

A Darker Peragus: REDUX, jinger's Admiralty Mod(recently downloaded + the tslrcm compatibility patch), Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, TSL GALAXY MAP FIX - CORUSCANT ADDON & NEW ICON AND PLANET TEXTURE, CURSE OF THE SITH,  Darth Nihilus Animation Fix 2.0, Darth Nihilus' Robes,  Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.0(+ the fixed changes.ini), Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.2 Patch/Update,  Halo Sword v1.1, Droid Enhancement,  Hanharr's jedi training V1.0,  Dustil Restoration, Extended Enclave,  Feat Progression, G0T0 overhaul, Increased Attributes and Skills, Make Armour & lightsabres at the Workbench Mod v2,  Jedi temple,  compatibility patch and expansion,  Kreia's Hood Down,  Lost Force Powers Pack, NPC Overhaul Mod 1.0, PartySwap 1.3.2,  Varsity TSL: Peragus V. 1.01, Remove Force Power Restrictions by Armors, RedHawke's exile item pack,  Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers, Peragus Sith Troops To Sith Assassins, Full Force Mod Pack 1, hakpad ultimate,  Galaxy Map Fix, Realistic Visual Effects and Defender's Wrist Console, Movement Animation Fix for both KOTOR and TSL.

(some of these have files that overlap each other so its hard to tell what will look best in-game)(if i can even get into a game that is)

I couldn't read all of the post here but ... did you ever use this load order in another rig?

if not, how many mods do you usually install same time before adding more mods to your load order??

do you ever check the files within the tslpatchdata file before installing (to see for coincidental files in your Override for example) or you just click and go with install on each install?? 

for the mods that require me to use the tsl patcher i usually check the files inside the patchdata folder

also this isnt my load order i just install all the mods that have me copy files to override, then install tslcrm and m478-ep and then ones that use the tslpatcher as this is the best way to install mods as ive heard because tslpatcher can modify existing files instead of replacing them which cant be done in reverse without much hassle

also i found another problem but this time it isnt because of a mod, for some reason having soft shadows on causes the game to crash at the ebon hawk cutscene(the one that runs before the tutorial)

so in addition to the incompatible mods and this one setting i have solved the issue i think? 

I’m not sure how valid the term ”load order” is in KotOR anyway. It’s not like you could really define that. It’s more like ”install order”.

...speaking of which, TSLRCM + M4-78 needs to be installed FIRST.

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Yeah, there is your problem right there. Big mod go first.

22 hours ago, LiliArch said:

I’m not sure how valid the term ”load order” is in KotOR anyway. It’s not like you could really define that. It’s more like ”install order”.

In TSL, if you store files from different mods in different sub-folders, the game will load the ones which it finds first. So, load order is Override -> Sub-folder 1 -> Sub-folder 2, etc.

Yeah, but it’s still not very sensible. You shouldn’t have multiple copies of any important files or things break. It’s not like something you would do with an actual load order manager.

Or maybe we just have a different idea of what that really means, which is just fine as well.

There’s in-built load order between modules and override folders as well though.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

You cannot simply dump files from a patcher mod's tslpatchdata into the appropriate folders and expect it to work. The patcher is actually a little more complicated than that in that it edits files.  This is determined by the modder in the config .ini.

The patcher "patches". It doesn't overwrite .2da files, it appends them. It edits module files.

The TSLRCM is an .exe. It doesn't patch, it writes. Therefore, you must install it first.

Then, you look at your override. You look at your list of mods that are "simple override" dumps. Hopefully you don't have many of these, and none of the files from these mods appear already in your override. If they exist in your override, that old mod probably isn't compatible but it could be. Depends on the conflict. 

Key to note - if the modder used unique filenames for their scripts, they are safe to include in your override as they do not replace an in-game script. But, they may have used script injection; there is usually a vanilla script that has been bumped down in precedence and renamed that gets called by the unique script. Generally, these are safe, but if two mods alter the same script, a patch may be made but they currently are not compatible.

Then you install your patcher mods, and you play. Good luck!

On 1/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

You cannot simply dump files from a patcher mod's tslpatchdata into the appropriate folders and expect it to work. The patcher is actually a little more complicated than that in that it edits files.  This is determined by the modder in the config .ini.

The patcher "patches". It doesn't overwrite .2da files, it appends them. It edits module files.

The TSLRCM is an .exe. It doesn't patch, it writes. Therefore, you must install it first.

Then, you look at your override. You look at your list of mods that are "simple override" dumps. Hopefully you don't have many of these, and none of the files from these mods appear already in your override. If they exist in your override, that old mod probably isn't compatible but it could be. Depends on the conflict. 

Key to note - if the modder used unique filenames for their scripts, they are safe to include in your override as they do not replace an in-game script. But, they may have used script injection; there is usually a vanilla script that has been bumped down in precedence and renamed that gets called by the unique script. Generally, these are safe, but if two mods alter the same script, a patch may be made but they currently are not compatible.

Then you install your patcher mods, and you play. Good luck!

In my earlier post i said i looked inside the tslpatcher folder to see what files are used i never said i copied them to my override folder and my install order is the way it is because the tslpatcher patches files and doesnt replace them which is why it is hard to install mods in the opposite order, and sure there are tools that let you edit files files but its more hassle. let me ask you this would it be better for me to replace tslcrm files by accident or for vice versa because with how many files tslcrm adds to the override folder(not including m478-ep) i doubt i could copy any files without knowing if they came from tslcrm or my own list of mods and to add on top of that my mods that override other mods.

Edit: after many further tries i managed to get the game to run with all of the mods i use unfortunately i now have somehow lost the use of my primary pc so that will have to wait lol

but i found an old copy of kotor for xbox to hold me over until i get it working again