Sign in to follow this  
134340Goat

A very pedantic request - check for sonic imprint sensor

So, I imagine this is something that's never come up before because, one, you'd have to be bored enough to try this out, and two, it requires going out of your way to play the game in an unusual manner

You begin the HK factory quest by mentioning the sonic imprint sensor you found on Peragus to HK, after which you must encounter three HK-50 squads to get its location. In universe, it's important to note that the sonic imprint sensor is made of HK parts and is what allows HK-50 squads to track you

Thing is, there is no check to see if the player actually has the sonic imprint sensor. HK-50 squads will find you regardless, and you can still talk to HK-47 about it as if you have it. How do I know this? In one of my recent playthroughs, I deliberately made sure not to pick the item up on Peragus just to see what would happen

How many players are going to encounter this issue without actively seeking it as I did? Probably none would even notice. But regardless, I would request a mod that adds a check to see if the player actually has the necessary item. This would mean if they do not, it disables the HK-50 encounters (thus making it more difficult to rebuild 47) and therefore the HK factory, therefore ensuring Malachor remains intact. A harsh punishment for the player's more than likely deliberate negligence

Alternatively, a script could be added to the scene of the player meeting the first HK-50 that makes it so one automatically acquires the sonic imprint sensor. That might be less work

• Like 1

Great idea and something I might add to my list of things that need to be fixed for the Expanded Galaxy Project.

Thor110

3 hours ago, 134340Goat said:

So, I imagine this is something that's never come up before because, one, you'd have to be bored enough to try this out, and two, it requires going out of your way to play the game in an unusual manner

You begin the HK factory quest by mentioning the sonic imprint sensor you found on Peragus to HK, after which you must encounter three HK-50 squads to get its location. In universe, it's important to note that the sonic imprint sensor is made of HK parts and is what allows HK-50 squads to track you

Thing is, there is no check to see if the player actually has the sonic imprint sensor. HK-50 squads will find you regardless, and you can still talk to HK-47 about it as if you have it. How do I know this? In one of my recent playthroughs, I deliberately made sure not to pick the item up on Peragus just to see what would happen

How many players are going to encounter this issue without actively seeking it as I did? Probably none would even notice. But regardless, I would request a mod that adds a check to see if the player actually has the necessary item. This would mean if they do not, it disables the HK-50 encounters (thus making it more difficult to rebuild 47) and therefore the HK factory, therefore ensuring Malachor remains intact. A harsh punishment for the player's more than likely deliberate negligence

Alternatively, a script could be added to the scene of the player meeting the first HK-50 that makes it so one automatically acquires the sonic imprint sensor. That might be less work

The Sonic Imprint Sensor is used as a microphone that can record audio and play them back, apparently, this item can also act as a translator thus is how the Exile can understand aliens though my memory on that is sketchy. Let's face it, we all destroy the terminal and the door opens but if you stayed to do the puzzle the terminal has in store you would need to either go through peragus and listen to the Dock Managers (Ginger guy with goggles) logs and splice together the code to unlock the door or trick the HK-50 into speaking as the Dock Manager saying the code that you would need to open the voice locked door that required a code in the Dock Managers voice.

Deleting the option to skip the puzzle would force the player to get the item.

• Like 1

Perhaps it might be possibe to remove the sonic imprint sensor as if it were a programming spike when choosing the option to destroy the terminal, I think this might be what they mean, rather than have the item and questline left but no terminal to unlock.

Edited by Thor110

2 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

go through peragus and listen to the Dock Managers (Ginger guy with goggles) logs and splice together the code to unlock the door

That's a thing? Huh. And here I thought that tricking HK-50 was the only solution

Other than just blowing up the computer, of course

• Like 1