Sign in to follow this  
ShepardCommander

Carth in TSL

Just thought I'd throw up a thread here since a quick search seems to be throwing up blanks for a mod I was sure would exist - is there any mod knocking around to put Carth back into the second game in some capacity when Revan was a Dark Side male? Sure, we leave him on the Unknown World, but the Carth/fem DS Revan ending PROVES that he gets rescued from the planet - I struggle to see why he can't be in the second game unless Revan was DS female, but perhaps his dialogue makes too many references to Revan being good for such a thing to work? It's been probably a decade since I played the game so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, I was hoping somebody might have made it possible, does anybody know anything like this?

11 minutes ago, ShepardCommander said:

Sure, we leave him on the Unknown World, but the Carth/fem DS Revan ending PROVES that he gets rescued from the planet - I struggle to see why he can't be in the second game unless Revan was DS female, but perhaps his dialogue makes too many references to Revan being good for such a thing to work?

The DS Carth ending that you refer to - that's cut content.  It's not normally accessible to the game unless you mod it in.  If anyone is wondering what @ShepardCommander is referring to, it's likely this stuff...

Note Carth's likely fate with that cut content.

Does he not show up at all in the original game? I thought he appeared, just without the suicide pact option. It looks like it's all set up in the dialogue file, but the line has a conditional script that always returns false.

Anyway, it would be feasible to replace Cede's appearances with Carth, but keep the evil Bastila holograms as is. The only part I don't imagine would work would be the meeting with Carth. But you donn't get an audience with Cede, so maybe Carth doesn't care to talk with you in that scenario either.

41 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

The DS Carth ending that you refer to - that's cut content.  It's not normally accessible to the game unless you mod it in.  If anyone is wondering what @ShepardCommander is referring to, it's likely this stuff...

Yep, that's the thing I had in mind. Sorry, like I say, been out of all this for too long. Kept my head in the game with K1 content to some extent, but still haven't played the restored TSL! Finally want to get around to playing through the games, last few times I tried I modded too much and caused things to break, so was going to keep it simpler this time - so perhaps foolish to seek a Carth in TSL mod, but if this is going to be my defining Kotor/TSL experience, I would hope to be able to get both the Dark Side Revan ending for K1 and still see Carth admiralling about in TSL - but that may be unfeasible for any number of reasons.

Emphasis added . . .

1 minute ago, ShepardCommander said:

and still see Carth admiralling about in TSL - but that may be unfeasible for any number of reasons.

Such as Carth and Revan being dead?

4 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

Does he not show up at all in the original game? I thought he appeared, just without the suicide pact option. It looks like it's all set in the dialogue file, but the line has a conditional script that always returns false.

Anyway, it would be feasible to replace Cede's appearances with Carth, but keep the evil Bastila holograms as is. The only part I don't imagine would work would be the meeting with Carth. But you donn't get an audience with Cede, so maybe Carth doesn't care to talk with you in that scenario either.

Interesting. Makes sense that the meeting wouldn't work - don't remember any of the dialogue, but I can well imagine how much of it may be dependent on a LS ending to K1. Without dialogue from Carth it may not be worth me pursuing any further, a purely aesthetic switch is probably just modding for modding's own sake, if one exists I'd be curious, but otherwise it's probably best to accept Cede and assume Carth is off doing something else productive. Cheers for the reply!

Just now, Sith Holocron said:

Such as Carth and Revan being dead?

I'll repeat, majorly rusty on KotOR - probably think I remember much more about the plot than I actually do. But I was convinced that Carth just ran off at the end and only shows back up (to get killed) if Revan is female. Surely for a DS male revan, Carth would still get picked up from the planet and simply join the republic forces - of course, death in the battle is still a strong probability, but no battle has 100% casualties and it doesn't seem unreasonably to propose his survival in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Sith Holocron said:

Fair cop on that point.

As said, it's probably all semantics. Carth's meeting with the Exile is almost certainly unworkable for a DS ending to K1, which makes any replacement of Cede an aesthetic change rather than an addition of content, which isn't worth anybody's time really. So maybe best to assume he did die, regardless.

2 hours ago, ShepardCommander said:

I'll repeat, majorly rusty on KotOR - probably think I remember much more about the plot than I actually do. But I was convinced that Carth just ran off at the end and only shows back up (to get killed) if Revan is female. Surely for a DS male revan, Carth would still get picked up from the planet and simply join the republic forces - of course, death in the battle is still a strong probability, but no battle has 100% casualties and it doesn't seem unreasonably to propose his survival in that scenario.

I'm definitely with you on that point. It always bugged me how if you went DS in K1 and were male, Carth simply died, yet doing DS female he shows back up on the Star Forge. Carth's a resourceful guy, a war hero, I refuse to believe he'd just retire to Lehon to do his own Cast Away spin off. This is why I had him in my TSL films despite my Revan being a DS male. 

I can't see any issue with having him still pop up in Cede's place and the Exile still having a meeting with him, but some of his lines would have to be altered to imply Revan's allegiance. This is how I did it in my film, a combination of line splicing and Zekk's responses. It could be very feasible doing the same in the game (but obviously replacing Zekk's responses with the player dialogue choices).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DarthVarkor said:

I'm definitely with you on that point. It always bugged me how if you went DS in K1 and were male, Carth simply died, yet doing DS female he shows back up on the Star Forge. Carth's a resourceful guy, a war hero, I refuse to believe he'd just retire to Lehon to do his own Cast Away spin off. This is why I had him in my TSL films despite my Revan being a DS male. 

I can't see any issue with having him still pop up in Cede's place and the Exile still having a meeting with him, but some of his lines would have to be altered to imply Revan's allegiance. This is how I did it in my film, a combination of line splicing and Zekk's responses. It could be very feasible doing the same in the game (but obviously replacing Zekk's responses with the player dialogue choices).

Carth didn't die if you are male, he simply runs away never to be heard from again. I think on Wookieepedia someone wrote on his article that apparently Carth went into some sort of Exile should a male Revan chose to be dark side. 

As @DarthVarkorhas already made a Dark Side meeting in TSL for Revan I suggest, with Varkor's permission, we someone port Carth's K1 lines that were used in the movie and base the cutscene on the movie. Of course, somethings may need to be swapped around because in light side Carth knew Revan took the Ebon Hawk to Dromand Kaas and disappeared but mysteriously the Exile has returned in Revan's ship that was thought to have been gone forever, he wanted to know if the Exile knew where Revan was and if he/she found Revan tell him/her that Carth was waiting for him/her.

26 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Carth didn't die if you are male, he simply runs away never to be heard from again. I think on Wookieepedia someone wrote on his article that apparently Carth went into some sort of Exile should a male Revan chose to be dark side. 

As @DarthVarkorhas already made a Dark Side meeting in TSL for Revan I suggest, with Varkor's permission, we someone port Carth's K1 lines that were used in the movie and base the cutscene on the movie. Of course, somethings may need to be swapped around because in light side Carth knew Revan took the Ebon Hawk to Dromand Kaas and disappeared but mysteriously the Exile has returned in Revan's ship that was thought to have been gone forever, he wanted to know if the Exile knew where Revan was and if he/she found Revan tell him/her that Carth was waiting for him/her.

Yeah, that was part of my issue with Carth's fate for DS male, too. Bit anti-climactic for one of the main characters.

The lines I spliced should be easy enough to replicate. I'm happy to help with that if needed!

2 minutes ago, DarthVarkor said:

The lines I spliced should be easy enough to replicate. I'm happy to help with that if needed!

I assume the lines from Mass Effect that were in the movie couldn't be used.

9 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

I assume the lines from Mass Effect that were in the movie couldn't be used.

I don't believe I used any Mass Effect lines for that scene specifically. You might be thinking of his speech in TPK using the lines you spliced for me. As far as I remember, all of Carth's conversation about Revan with Zekk in Legacy of the Sith was made up of lines from the cutscene meeting Carth in TSL, and some of his lines from K1.

• Like 1