ebmar

Missing Letter(s) from Model's Node

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope y'all having a good time. :cheers:

I am here to ask;

• Are there any consequences for a model that is missing a letter(s) on its node?

I'm pointing to the vanilla comm_a_m model which appeared in the game as Asian commoners head appearance. Particularly this variant:

comm_a_m_SS.JPG.6ae61f6a2dc58acfc9e80752cf84e0b9.JPG

Big thanks to @Thor110 for referencing Simple Model Viewer on [WIP] Expanded Galaxy Mod thread; very helpful tool to provide quick-detailed screenshot for the model and its texture!

Here's also a screenshot of the model's information, opened with MDLedit:

comm_a_m_Mssg_Nde.JPG.59d2253406dc1583d92d943f720fcaa8.JPG

As we can see there; usually in any other head models [including its counterpart comm_a_m2] they are written as eyeRA and eyeLA respectively, which leads me to asking the forum about the matter.

I hope the information provided is sufficient, and many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
Added information to the program used for the model's screenshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The eyes (and eyelashes) are effectively bones, so yes, any misnamed bone will not inherit animation. The eyeball trimeshes must be named eyeRA/eyeLA and the lashes trimeshes eyeRlid/eyeLlid.

Thank you for the insight! I noticed the differences soon after attempting to change the head trimesh of my requested "hi-poly L_commF and L_commM" model you posted here which is using the comm_a_m model as its head. But until the information above, I'm not really sure what is going on with the model with/without the change. Think now I'm convinced, thanks! :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

If you have an Xbox controller or a program to create macros you can use that to quickly extract the entire directory in that format to gain all the textures, split them into m01/m02 folders and then search for "*.*" let it finish searching and then cut and paste it into either the same directory ( end_m01 or dan_m13 ) for the corresponding module.

I have been using Xpadder, it made extracting models for easy viewing with this program much less painful for me.

Thor110

Spoiler

1215196209_arenametemplatesameasdoor.thumb.png.053e62857634ed26503a106251701513.png910144907_extractionxpadder.thumb.png.27b8a526becc2d58de72c243a0159f6d.png

• Thanks 1