Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam Fisher

Professional Update

Guest Sam Fisher

Will these games ever get a professional update? 

Or would I be better off to just bite the bullet and start modding the sh#t out of these games?

Better off biting the bullet I am afraid, there are a lot of people working on updates for the games and there are already a lot of good texture and model updates out there, I plan on making some new animated textures for all of the games computers, doors/panels and such as well as some new textures for anything that is noticeably bad.

But a "professional update" unfortunately that is never going to happen, it's pretty much already had it's "professional update" with the Steam and GoG versions.

As well as TSLRCM & M478EP the two biggest mods that I know of, there are a LOT of high quality textures for the game, but not for everything.

Hopefully one day ^^

Thor110

Guest Sam Fisher

Ugh. 

Boy oh boy; I gotta start editing that Dialog.tlk for KOTOR 1 then. 

If you ask me, there really isn't that much missing from the first game, also compared to K2 the dialog.tlk file is half the size, I think K2 leaves most of the entries from K1 in the dialog.tlk as well but I have not compared every entry, depending on what kind of changes you plan to make I might be interested including it in my overhaul / new planet update, but due to the amount of good mods that probably edit the .tlk file I will have to look into what number entries they use, perhaps add them to mine and make it compatible with other mods before release.

Thor110

Guest Sam Fisher

We'll see, I'll not promise anything yet.