Sign in to follow this  
Nirran

TSL make ai use grenades/consumable items

wondering if it is possible,ive managed to make the ai use custom spells,but it wont use grenades,attached is the ai source i have

k_inc_generic.nss

k_inc_gensupport.nss

k_inc_switch.nss

k_inc_utility.nss

k_inc_walkways.nss

st_inc_ai.nss

st_inc_utils.nss

Hardcore_Mod.nss

HC_Control-Custom.nss

k_ai_master.nss

k_inc_debug.nss

k_inc_drop.nss

edit : for got to say,non party npc use the grenades,want to add heal and grenades use by party memebrs

Edited by Nirran
  • Like 1

Interesting thought, I hope you can get some solutions to this issue, would definitely be good for companions to use consumable items, but they might need some logic for when and why they might use them, so this would require some custom functions. When I get a bit further into scripting for KotOR I may give this ago, definitely for the consumables.

Such as If ( companion health <= to 25% ) = use consumable "medpac1" or if droid "repairkit1"

Or varying percentages to allow them to use different consumables, you may also have to make allowances for when you do not have the consumable items, as for getting them to use grenades, I am not sure about this, I am sure it could be done, but not entirely sure the logic you would want to use behind getting them to throw them, most likely the reason for them not already doing this is your companions might end up using all of your consumables without you realising.

Thor110

The Mandalorians on the Unknown World throw all the grenades at you that they have in their inventory, it's a long list of complicated scripts to go through though haha. 

But it's the only instance where the developers force the NPCs to really go all out with the grenades that I can think of. 

• Like 1

I'm a bit out of my depth here, but what if you link the parameters of when they use certain consumables to their combat stance IE Agressive, Jedi, Ranged, Grenade, etc..

• Like 1