Sith Holocron

Lana Beniko: Building a Soundset

My next project is to make a K1 soundset for Lana Beniko.  Yes, I know no one has extracted either of her two heads yet for use in K1 (or TSL) but it's only a matter of time, I suppose.  I may as well be prepared.

I've actually done a majority of her lines.  However, you folks out there could help me in this endeavor.  If Lana Beniko has even mentioned anything about the subjects listed below, please post a link to a YouTube video where she has said it, with a time stamp.  By finding a relevant video, it cuts down my time extracting and converting unnecessary files.  Keep in mind that it has to been said as if she's talking about herself, and not Lana talking to the player character. These subjects are listed from top priority to lowest priority.

• Regarding Mines (need 1 line for disarming them
  • Lana is poisoned (only need one good line but will accept more if you find them!)
  • Using Stealth (need one good line but will accept more if you find them!)

You find me a usable line, you're in the credits!   

PS: If you can't recall what she looked like, this should remind you. "Before" indicates Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Ziost sections. "After" is KOTFE and beyond.  (Please don't quote lines from the Ossus storyline though. I don't have access to those lines yet.)

Li3rJOU.png

By the way: Like in my other soundset replacement pack , I will not be replacing the injury sounds as one scream sounds very much like another.

Adding amusing in-game comparison shot taken today (01MAY2021)

QXFS68c.png

• Like 3

Regarding this part of the request . . . 

19 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:
  • Regarding Mines (need lines for both arming mines and for disarming them)

To have a gauge to work from, here are the lines as currently in the game for a female KotOR1 player character.

• "Add one to the dead pile."
  • "OK, it's disabled"
  • "Mine disabled"
  • "One nasty surprise coming up."
  • "Mine laid and ready"
  • "This should make for a nice surprise"

There are no lines for a fail state in disarming a mine. You either disable the mine and say something or the mine explodes.

To see what the PC originally said in the game - so you can find suitable replacements - please consult this Word document.

• Like 1

Would anyone be game to beta-test it in KotOR1?  I'd need to know the following:

1) Which lines are you hearing in the game?  You should note exactly which lines you've heard.  (Quote the lines.) This is to determine which of the lines never play in the game.  This not only affects this sound set but possible future ones that may be released down the road.

2) Note if any of the lines aren't firing at all.

3) Note if you have alternate suggestions for lines that currently in the sound set.

If I get enough folks to sign up, I'll post an embedded link.  Finally, I haven't put anything in "Arming the Mines" lines yet - it's still in beta, after all - so if you hear nothing there, that's normal.

The beta test version is attached below . . . 

I still need more lines though (see the original post.)

Lana Beniko Soundset (Beta Test).7z

Directions:

You'll not be dropping these into your Override like my usual mods.  This time you have a few alternate steps.

• 1) Move the original KotOR1 files that share the file names to a place you can find them.  (I recommend a folder on your desktop but you do you!)  Those files will be located in the "Streamsounds" folder.  
  • 2) Grab the new files from the 7z folder above and put them in Streamsounds folder.
  • 3) When you're done with the beta, you can delete my files from the Streamsounds folder and put the original files back in there.

Looking forward to wrapping this up soon as I have a much more interesting character to work on next.

15 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

The beta test version is attached below . . .

Thanks for providing the Beta!

I just have a quick test on it, and they sounds amazing! Even more with PFHC03 character's head, it fits the appearance very well! And so far with any action command available in the Endar Spire module, they're functionally working.

...I have a much more interesting character to work on next.

Looking very forwards to this! :cheers:

As per recommendations from @ebmar in a PM, I have amended the directions for use of the Beta files in my post above.  Don't forget that I especially need line suggestions to replace the following original lines.

• One nasty surprise coming up."
  • "Mine laid and ready"
  • "This should make for a nice surprise"

. . . So don't forget to start watching some Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, KOTFE, and KOTET videos on YouTube so you can help me. Link to the video and give me a time stamp of the line that you're suggesting!

• Light Side Points 1

I know for sure of one other character that was voiced by the same actress that did Lana. Maiya Vix on Oricon for the Imp story. I do have all those lines extracted, and I can send them to you so you don't have to find them. Or I can sift through it myself and send you what I come up with. Whichever you'd prefer.

There is one other character I know of very early on in base game voiced by her, but I can't remember who it is nor if it's Inquisitor story specifically, or one of the side quests.

@HK-47

If you find any lines that would work with, please send them along with a note of what you think might work for what I need. Thanks for your offer of assistance!

I assume that you're talking about Katha Niar from Makeb - who is sometimes listed as "Kiar Onila" in the dialogue files.  According to IMDB, Lydia Leonard also portrayed the following other characters.

Ladra / Lord Zavrasha / Acolyte Nataya / Agent Nianla / Anora / Anyarah / Chane / Cultist One / Desora / Ibellia Ran / Imperial Agent Trainer / Imperial Soldier / Intelligence Officer Kytoma / Ismar Brengle / Kelara Sakoal / Kilit Three / Lieutenant Keighlah / Lieutenant Synnoran / Lord Trok / Lunatta / Maiya Vix / Medic / Minder Fourteen / Rora Seake / Samara Mindak / Sera Fray / Sergeant Lodani / Ship's Computer / Sith / Vendor / Watcher Nine / Watcher Six (voice)

Just now, Thor110 said:

These are pretty cool for variety, I have seen a lot of different SWTOR ports on this site now and wonder if there is a way to add all of the heads at once to allow for regular replay ability for players with a relatively new feel each time, or perhaps a batch script that could combine all of them into one package and randomly generate a new set ( or flick through a pre-set set of lists ) of new heads in order to do this.

Thor110

This thread is for a sound set - not the heads.

• Sad 1

Update: I've found more lines to put in the package.  The original post has been updated to state what sort of lines I need now.

Update 2: It's released now.  Alternate line suggestions are welcomed on that download thread.  Could a moderator lock this thread please?