MoldyCrow

Darth Sion’s Healing Power

I’ve been lurking around the DeadlyStream forums for a few months now and have decided to have my first crack at making a mod for KotOR.

I’ve decided to add my own version of Darth Sion’s healing ability as a Force Power in TSL.

I’ve mainly started this thread to get some opinions on how the power should work.

I know that there was a mod aiming to do something similar a few years ago, but it was quite crudely done, in that it literally just restored the users HP and FP to their maximum, which seemed a little overpowered to me.

I’m thinking that I should have it work as a Dark Side version of the Heal/Improved Heal/Master Heal power tree in the vanilla game, having it take the casters Strength into account rather than their Wisdom.

I’ve cobbled together a few different variants of the script for the power, calculating the ‘amount of healing’ in different ways and this seems like the way to go.

Any advice/suggestions would be more than welcome! 😊

Afraid I can't really help much with the technical side of things, but for what it's worth I'll chuck my two cents in on the creative bit.

I like the idea of it being the highest option available in the Heal tree, but, I think it might be better to have it limited to the Sith Lord prestige class only. As far as I know, it's not exactly a common feat to perform such an ability, and Sion is the Sith "Lord of Pain". It could also only be available once you obtain a certain level of Dark Side points? Such an advanced power seems it would require a lot of dedication. It could even further corrupt the player, adding more DS points with each use? Sion doesn't exactly look 'refreshed' when he uses it, if that makes sense. 

Those are just my thoughts, not sure how easy some of them would be to implement, though.

EDIT: A unique name for the power would also be neat. "Sith Resurgence", (off the top of my head),  that kinda thing.

• Like 1

The ‘technical’ side of things as you put it isn’t an issue, i’ve already written the code for the three different powers which make up the tree, using the Light Side Heal power tree as a base, as mentioned in the previous post.

I was mainly looking for input as to how the ‘buff’ should be calculated, but realised shortly after writing the original post that there aren’t really any better options that I could think of, so I went ahead and wrote the scripts.

I like the idea of a class restriction, but I’m not sure whether I’d want it restricted to just the Sith Lord class, I think I’d probably make it only available to the three Dark Side Prestige Classes, or maybe to the Sith Marauder Class. Sion always seemed more of a Marauder than a Lord to me anyway.

Quite like the name ‘Sith Resurgence’ though, I may well use that. When I cobbled together a version of the mod for testing, I just called it ‘Sith Healing’, but I like your idea better.

Thanks! 👊🏻

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MoldyCrow said:

I like the idea of a class restriction, but I’m not sure whether I’d want it restricted to just the Sith Lord class, I think I’d probably make it only available to the three Dark Side Prestige Classes, or maybe to the Sith Marauder Class. Sion always seemed more of a Marauder than a Lord to me anyway.

Well, according to Wookieepedia, Sion was a Sith lord. I mainly say Sith Lord as the class for it because it seems like a very complex and advanced power. Marauders mostly focus on lightsaber combat over a higher proficiency with the Force itself. Again from Wookieepedia: "The class corresponds to the Light Side class Jedi Weapon Master, as both do not focus so much on philosophy and Force powers as they do on battle." To me, that'd be like assigning it to a Jedi Guardian over a Jedi Consular. But maybe I'm just being too pedantic :P 

Maybe I just associated him with the Marauders because all you really see of Sion is his aggression and lust for revenge, you never really see him displaying a particularly amazing command of the Force like Nihilus or even Kreia. 

Not that it makes much difference, I’ll probably end up restricting it to all three Dark Side Prestige Classes rather than choosing one. That way, you still have to have a Dark Side PC and have progressed some way into the game before it becomes available, so that seems reasonable enough to me.

I just need to neaten up my messy script and make some proper icons and I’ll post some screenshots to get some feedback before release.

Sith Lord is a Title, Sith Marauder is a combat focused Sith.  Sith Assassin is a Stealth Focused Sith. In my personal opinion, Sith Lord Class should be renamed as Sith Sorcerer. For Sith Sorcerers are known for their intense study of the Dark Side. 

On the Jedi side, Jedi Master is a title as much as Sith Lord is a title. Jedi Sage would be a good fit. Because Jedi Exile does a lot of traveling, Jedi Shadow would be a better fit than Jedi Watchman. Jedi Watchman are known for watching over a planet. Jedi Shadow are known as problem solvers where Sith, Dark Side Cults, and other threats to the Jedi Order and Republic.

• Like 1

Well Just an idea for your mod, a Dark Side Force buff ability that requires both Death Field and Force Drain as requirement.  When your character is buff with it and on the dark side, it will grant Second Wind similar how you describe it.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:17 AM, DarthVarkor said:

Well, according to Wookieepedia, Sion was a Sith lord. I mainly say Sith Lord as the class for it because it seems like a very complex and advanced power. Marauders mostly focus on lightsaber combat over a higher proficiency with the Force itself. Again from Wookieepedia: "The class corresponds to the Light Side class Jedi Weapon Master, as both do not focus so much on philosophy and Force powers as they do on battle." To me, that'd be like assigning it to a Jedi Guardian over a Jedi Consular. But maybe I'm just being too pedantic :P 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:59 AM, MoldyCrow said:

Maybe I just associated him with the Marauders because all you really see of Sion is his aggression and lust for revenge, you never really see him displaying a particularly amazing command of the Force like Nihilus or even Kreia. 

Sorry to bump an old thread, folks....

Like what you said Moldy Crow, Sion is definitely more of a Guardian/Maurauder type Sith that uses the force for defense rather than offense. Like light side Jedi Guardians, he primarily uses the Force to buff and heal himself. But overall his command of the Force pales in comparison to Darths Nihlus and Traya. In fact, if you look at KOTOR2's game files, his assigned class is a Jedi guardian for multiple modules.

• Like 1