Jenko

TOOL:CSLU Toolkit (No Online Licensing)

CSLU Toolkit (No Online Licensing)

Previous versions of the CSLU Toolkit could not be installed without an active licensing server. This was unavailable for almost two years. This program has been modified by myself and the original authors to allow for an installation without CSLU's servers being active.

This program is required to create .phn files used for new .lip files.

Instructions
------------

1. Copy "CSLU Toolkit" folder to the following destination: "C:\Program Files (x86)\"
2. Open command prompt as administrator!
3. Change directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CSLU Toolkit" (command is: "CD C:\Program Files (x86)\CSLU Toolkit")
4. Run setup.bat (command is "setup.bat")

• Like 4
  • Light Side Points 1

When I follow the installation instructions I get this error:

f90xmzq.png

And this is the command prompt output. I got the error during "Downloading license keys" and every line below showed up after clicking "OK".

Spoiler

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSLU Toolkit>setup.bat
Updating Tcl registry entries, version 8.0
Updating Festival registry entries, version 1.4.2
Updating CSLU Toolkit registry entries, version 2.0.84
Defining Explorer actions for .tcl files
Defining Explorer actions for .rad files
Defining Explorer actions for .scm files
Defining Explorer actions for .sob files
Defining Explorer actions for .wav files
Setting system-wide defaults...
Downloading license keys...
couldn't load file "C:\Program Files (x86)\CSLU Toolkit\Toolkit\2.0\pkg\license_3.1\license3.1.dll": no such process
    while executing
"load [file join {C:/Program Files (x86)/CSLU Toolkit/Toolkit/2.0/pkg/license_3.1} license3.1[info sharedlibextension]] License"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require License"
    (file "Setup/license.tcl" line 1)
    invoked from within
"source Setup/license.tcl"
    (file "setup/setup.tcl" line 8)

Please close this window to continue

I think it still installed correctly, given that the .tcl files have their own icons now, but I just wanted to make sure.

Edit: I'm getting the same exact error when trying to use LipSynchEditor with CSLU so something definitely went wrong. 

Edited by Ashton Scorpius

I'm getting similar results as @Ashton Scorpius is above. Getting entry point not found errors on all tcl files I have tried. Never worked with this software before so I could be doing something wrong. I also made sure to use Run As Administrator for the CMD prompt install. I'm also running this on Windows 10.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm getting similar results as @Ashton Scorpius is above. Getting entry point not found errors on all tcl files I have tried. Never worked with this software before so I could be doing something wrong. I also made sure to use Run As Administrator for the CMD prompt install. I'm also running this on Windows 10.

I figured out the problem after my initial post, it simply can't run on Windows 8 or 10. I had to create a Windows 7 virtual machine in order to get it to work. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ashton Scorpius said:

I figured out the problem after my initial post, it simply can't run on Windows 8 or 10. I had to create a Windows 7 virtual machine in order to get it to work. 

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I think I can work with that 👍

(Edit: Everything is working in Win7 VM)

As I recall, the CSLU Toolkit wouldn't run on Windows 10 even back when their server was working. It's an issue with the program, not the licensing procedure, and of course the program is not being updated anymore. I can confirm the no online license fix works on Windows 7, however.

7 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

As I recall, the CSLU Toolkit wouldn't run on Windows 10 even back when their server was working. It's an issue with the program, not the licensing procedure, and of course the program is not being updated anymore. I can confirm the no online license fix works on Windows 7, however.

That's correct. Certain files used by the CSLU Toolkit do not work in 8 or 10. This has been known for a while, and there is no real fix for it either. This new installation method is not, and cannot be a fix for Windows issues... Your best bet is to use Hyper-V and create a Windows 7 virtual machine for this task. That's what I do, and it takes a matter of seconds to transfer files to the VM and run the makephn tcl script.

As far as a "severe limitation"... that is out of my hands, this is what was used in the past and unless someone has an alternative - this is the only way to do accurate lip sync. 

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Having the tool is better than not having it. Creating a VM is not beyond any of our capability; there is free software for it. Getting a copy of w7 is "easy".

I didn't certainly mean to sound ungrateful, if that was the impression I gave.

I was only remarking on the fact that the usability of the CSLU Toolkit is certainly hampered by the fact that it won't work on Windows 10. Sure, running it inside a virtual machine is an option but I do not have Windows 7 and Windows XP has been a pain because of the Activation process (ironically, I do own a legit copy of it but I cannot use it). ;)

4 minutes ago, Salk said:

I didn't certainly mean to sound ungrateful, if that was the impression I gave.

I was only remarking on the fact that the usability of the CSLU Toolkit is certainly hampered by the fact that it won't work on Windows 10. Sure, running it inside a virtual machine is an option but I do not have Windows 7 and Windows XP has been a pain because of the Activation process (ironically, I do own a legit copy of it but I cannot use it). ;)

You might want to look into Hyper-V and https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Salk said:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Won't your own Lyp Synch Editor sort of supersede the CSLU Toolkit once it is available though? 

Cheers!

Not really, it can import phn files like the original LipSyncEditor by JdNoa. It still needs CSLU to create the phn files.

The CSLU Toolkit link has been updated with Windows 8/10 support. Installation instructions and use remain the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to mention that I have tested the new version on Windows 10 and it does seem to work perfectly fine!

I won't need to bother poor JC about making lip files for me anymore. 😄

Thanks, Jenko! :cheers: