JackInTheBox

KOTOR I HD UI for ndix UR’s UI mod

This will be my first published mod, the aim of witch is to upscale all game UI elements. - all menus, the  gameplay GUI, loading screens and icons. Personally, i always thought, that the terrible low resolution UI just doesn't work anymore and dates the game horribly. Ndix UR’s brilliant ui mod was a fantastic inspiration, but also all the HD work on this site. KOTOR was my favorite gaming experience, once upon a time. And it make me very happy to try and contribute to its continual enjoyment.

Any feedback, thoughts, ideas, and perhaps slight assistance would be greatly welcomed. For one thing, can anyone point me to software, that allows for seamless viewing of KOTOR models and textures in a 3D frame with free camera?

swkotor 2018-12-14 19-07-48.png

swkotor 2018-12-21 11-33-29.png

swkotor 2018-12-21 11-33-01.png

swkotor 2018-12-14 19-07-58.png

Edited by JackInTheBox
  • Like 5

Looks great, well done :) That character portrait sticks out like a sore thumb. Goes to prove both that how much the game aged and how good your work is. :)

Ok, so i remastered all the art assets, im going to for now. And also tested it for 1080p and 1440p. How would i go about, making sure it works for all resolutions/aspects? Also, should i compress the files into tpc's, or what? Help me out here, its me first mod.

16 minutes ago, JackInTheBox said:

...should i compress the files into tpc...

Only if you have TXI information to be included. You could compare your TGAs with vanilla TPCs using KotOR Tool to see what necessary TXI information that needs to be included.