Thor110

[WIP][Beta] Expanded Galaxy Project

Great work so far! The mod is coming along nicely and looking really good! I can't wait to see how this project will grow in the coming years...

Do you plan on also including Taris and Lehon (the Unknown World, home of the Rakata) in your mod?

Lehon is a beautiful world and I have an idea on how it could be used in your project. There is a narrow road in the upper left side from the Ebon Hawk ramp which leads nowhere...it could lead to the partially sunken Republic Ship there, you could use the Harbringer or the Endar Spire (or combine both) to craft the unsunken and visitable part of the ship! I also have an idea for a story involving it...

This is how the closed road looks like:

image.thumb.png.8f350d1760fa4f904b2f3a2c226b8af5.pngimage.thumb.png.eec8fdff052db76110397b106dc6171d.png

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 11:21 PM, JediArchivist said:

Great work so far! The mod is coming along nicely and looking really good! I can't wait to see how this project will grow in the coming years...

Do You plan on also including Taris and Lehon (the Unknown World, home of the Rakata) in your mod?

Lehon is a beautiful world and i have an idea on how it could be used in your project. There is a narrow road in the upper left side from the Ebon Hawk ramp which leads nowhere...it could lead to the partially sunken Republic Ship there, You could use the Harbringer or the Endar Spire (or combine both) to craft the unsunken and visitable part of the ship! I also have an idea for a story involving it...

There is no plans to include Lehon as of yet, but I might look into replacing Malachor IV on the planet list because the cutscene makes you travel there.

Taris cannot be included for obvious reasons.

I did have thoughts of using the Taris Sewers for Kiras getaway through the Escape Tunnel on Nar Shaddaa, but it depends how well it would fit in.

I have just uploaded 0.7.1 which is the latest and I have tested quite thoroughly, there are a few bugs that I know of but there shouldn't be anything game breaking.

After completing the game all these levels can be travelled by the player, I will slowly be adding in the ability to complete / hand in any quests that the player might have left as well as possibly pick up new ones, but this will be after making use of the new planets during the main game.

It's a slow process but I am still working on it all.

So it seems your comment got me thinking about it, so I decided to dive into the galaxy map scripts again, I have now managed to enable the final four slots making use of the Ebon Hawk, Peragus, Malachor V and Telos Polar Academy Slots.

K2_00020.thumb.jpg.3042c8d6725665ed80c2b94240d7177b.jpg
For the moment I have set it up so that the tutorial galaxy map dialog skips over actually using the galaxy map, it also does the same for when leaving peragus.

Sleheyron & Lehon can be travelled to.

I might end up removing Sleheyron as it is converted from the Demo and the models didnt convert properly, perhaps in future if the new Sleheyron gets released I could add it in, if not it is another planet slot that could be used, but for the moment it exits to the Sleheyron Demo Docking Bay, which for the best part works.

Malachor V only appears on the galaxy map when you have defeated Nihilus.

There is a duplicate version of the Yavin Orbital Station for the extra planet slot, Malachor V is also removed from the galaxy map after completing the game.

All of this is available on page 4 of this topic, it still requires TSLRCM, M478EP and the Jedi Temple / Coruscant mod.

All this means is the player never sees the galaxy map until leaving the Academy on Telos and getting the Ebon Hawk back.

Malachor V remains selected after completing the game.

Sleheyrons docking level mostly works, the rest dont.

Kashyyyk & Manaan still have slight map problems.

Exiting Kashyyyk enters Hyperspace for the Ebon Hawk.

Leaving the Ebon Hawk in Hyperspace exits to the previous planet.

The End Game Levels are duplicates of the main game levels so will be a little buggy, but work for the most part.

That should be the majority of bugs that I know of for the moment, I have tested heavily with a playthroughs worth of saves in depth but not played the game all the way through so there are bound to still be problems to found.

Edited by Thor110
v0.7.1
  • Like 2

I briefly checked out some of the new changes and it's amazing to see the galaxy map filled out like it is.

In my brief investigation, I found a few, probably known, issues.

Alpha channels on the Rakatan planet seem to be missing, giving a lot of things a transparent look. (Elder base exterior, and the crashed Republic ship, for example)

The elder's base outer area (where the electric fence is in 1) seems to be missing an exit. Once you're there, you are stuck.

The swoop bike guy (yes, it is one of those things that very much interests me lol) on Tatooine seems to now just be a clone of the Telos swoop bike guy (dialogue wise, appearance wise he's still the roodian). When you take him up on his offer of swoop racing he takes to the Telos track and once that's complete, you return to the Telos Entertainment Cantina.

Sleyheyron works exactly as your post describes. Still impressive to see it ported over and all that.

Awesome work as always though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DarthTycho said:

I briefly checked out some of the new changes and it's amazing to see the galaxy map filled out like it is.

Thanks for checking it out, always good to know that it works, it alters various levels throughout the game now and a lot of M478, I am still looking for many things to fix or alter, I need to give it another playthrough at some point soon.

There are likely missing .txi files for the transparent textures on Lehon, I will hunt them down when I get a moment, I have recently reconverted Sleheyron and got it working, though the sky box does not work yet but most of the buildings / floor all works, I also added the correct doors.

I will fix the relevant transitions to and from the Rakatan Bases as well as unlock the doors to the temple, as well as lower the health of enemies in many areas.

Unfortunately I haven't got the swoop track levels working but I will try again at some point, there is a lot to do in the ways of actually writing dialog files, placing characters, enemies, placeables and triggers to use, though I am trying to make use / re-use and alter what already exists in many areas.

Being able to manually travel to Malachor V should make a nice difference to the way the game plays

I am toying with the idea of using the Taris Lower City areas for a new floor to Coruscant as well as using the Taris Sewers for exiting Visquis Base on Nar Shaddaa, I have prepared the relevant levels but am not sure on if I will use them without getting them reskinned.

Edited by Thor110
v0.7.6
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 11:57 PM, Thor110 said:

I am toying with the idea of using the Taris Lower City areas for a new floor to Coruscant as well as using the Taris Sewers for exiting Visquis Base on Nar Shaddaa, I have prepared the relevant levels but am not sure on if I will use them without getting them reskinned.

Could use the Sewers as the lower levels of Coruscant and just rename the Rakghouls Cthon

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cthon/Legends

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 3:39 AM, Shiny Boots said:

Could use the Sewers as the lower levels of Coruscant and just rename the Rakghouls Cthon

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cthon/Legends

Interesting idea, I wasn't planning on including the under city though, only the lower city. ( but again this might not happen at all, I have cut it at the moment as I have too many areas to work with.

For the moment here are a bunch of preview screenshots of 0.8.0 which I am still working on with intermittent internet access until I get proper internet installed on the 18th I won't be likely to upload an update until then or afterwards.

Expanded Galaxy v0.8.0 Preview Screenshots

Spoiler

K2_00011.thumb.jpg.760db8afd2491c67453a347bbe9fc459.jpgK2_00012.thumb.jpg.efa3c146afd464a15132701ec914882f.jpgK2_00017.thumb.jpg.04a511510641acdbe306e233de0fc581.jpgK2_00001.thumb.jpg.ab0bf85efc8a3ecabe9839809e83a2fd.jpgK2_00003.thumb.jpg.688aab42115707be84372094c1e1b3b0.jpgK2_00002.thumb.jpg.caea69501c59e15d10c1f257aca91028.jpgK2_00018.thumb.jpg.d527f69859d0a4476f476624803dbb44.jpgK2_00009.thumb.jpg.38354673c4f815bf298474fb9922dc1d.jpgK2_00013.thumb.jpg.7e0762b00762d4a04eaaa397da4f7841.jpgK2_00014.thumb.jpg.834b03e8d0aa5f127b908916d153e9cc.jpgK2_00015.thumb.jpg.866f4ee61d94428f8adfa8b5d9392e9b.jpgK2_00016.thumb.jpg.b29cd1d7bc1f600db9032c9dc1e6e85c.jpgK2_00010.thumb.jpg.87ada8e4b269f00d98bebea37692257e.jpgK2_00004.thumb.jpg.6211d8100d9382ce76f2ba653a044f88.jpg

• Like 1

Im a tad confused,... been away for a long time. 

Are the files of kotor 1 maps for use in kotor 2 game? 

Was looking at your uploaded files.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 4:52 AM, Logan23 said:

Im a tad confused,... been away for a long time. 

Are the files of kotor 1 maps for use in kotor 2 game? 

Was looking at your uploaded files.

In short yes, the v0.4.0 Modders Resource release was a sloppy port of all levels from both games into both games, realistically for learning / saving time, though for anyone wanting to learn they would be better off following my tutorial on porting a module from either game.

In long form the project itself is / was a bit all over the place, but v0.7.9 is completely separate from the Modders Resource version and introduces Sleheyron, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Yavin, Lehon and features a tie in story with the Coruscant Mod.

Currently I have been hard at work decorating Sleheyron as it was completely barren, in doing this I have also laid out the majority of it's quest line.

Thanks to Kexikus I have now included the Expanded Council Mod and used the 7 new council members to tie in the stories of all the new planets introduced into the game.

Spoiler

I will be releasing v0.8.0 within the next few weeks which should contain a fully furnished Sleheyron and accompanying quest line.

Yavin Orbital Station has a merchant on it allowing access to the upgradeable swoop bike pieces, another mod included thanks to bead-v.

A lot going on with this project and it's just me working on it unfortunately but I am focused on this version, while learning what I can and can't do along the way.

Note : I decided to set "GBL_MAIN_SITH_LORD" to 4 after completing the game, finally giving a use to the ability to display your character on the main menu.

K2_00019.thumb.jpg.805219b4c074c26367c6ac6de895b404.jpg

Mystery Box K2 Preview

Endar Spire - TSL - Preview

Spoiler

A preview of "end_m01aa" and "end_m01ab" built for the TSL engine.

So far I have only rebuilt the first two levels, there is still a lot to fix.

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
Endar Spire Preview / Updated Footage
  • Like 2

I have been talking to Thor110 lately,  and I am giving him permission to use the RoR heads in his project.

• Like 3

I am not 100% sure I will include the RoR heads with the project yet but I was thinking of both including it as an optional package and releasing it as a separate mod so that people can use the heads and races from RoR in regular K2 but I will see how it goes when I get around to it.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:49 AM, Logan23 said:

I have been talking to Thor110 lately,  and I am giving him permission to use the RoR heads in his project.

In the meantime here are some story and design documents if anyone wishes to take a look, in truth it is a mess at the moment.

A lot of different text documents and some images of stuff i've written on paper.

It's not very well presented basically, there are also various design images possibly conflicting ideas who knows.

Spoiler

I moved the spawn point on Malachor V to the following location in preperation for an idea to add either a cutscene on the Ebon Hawk making use of the Cockpit Background for the planet or just being there and having to use the elevator to get out onto the surface of Malachor V.

2019295940_MALACHORVEXIT.thumb.png.7a02b27ed34d9f23ea5e9813afac4e26.png

I need to take the time to go through it and assess it's worth, I think it's all awful at the moment as I haven't properly gone through it.

Story On Paper.7z Design Documents.7z Design Images.7z

Below is an updated list of all mods that are included with the Expanded Galaxy Project by Author and then by order of when they were added to the project.

Spoiler

bead-v

- Upgradeable Swoop Bike Mod
        - Ebon Hawk Model Fixes
        - Kreias Vibrosword
        - Rocket Launcher Sounds

Ashton Scorpius

- Ebon Hawk Downloadable Map (No Longer Included) - Idea used to unlock Ebon Hawk Map On Enter Instead.
        - Jedi Malak Mouth Fix
        - Twilek Head Fixes - Option A

Darth_Sapiens

- Animated Logo ( TSLRCM / M478EP ) - I will use this as a base and update it to say the correct version numbers.

TimurD2003

- M4-78 Fog Fixes

Kexikus

- Updated Coruscant Texture & Planet Icon
        - Extended Jedi Council Meeting

VarsityPuppet

- Malachor V Sideways opening doors.
        - Peragus Tweak
        - Trayus Rank Reform

danil-ch

- Extended Carth Meeting
        - Kreia's dialog on small kindnesses
        - Kreia's Fall In-Game Cutscene
        - Sensor Droid Appearance Change

Schizo

- Re-scaled Trandoshans

Alvar007

- Darth Malak Model Included From Playable Darth Malak Mod ( disguise optional )

lachjames

- KotOR Save Importer For TSL
        - K2 Overlay Console

Marauder

- Mandalorian Chamber Mark III Fix
        - Reduced Graphics Mod ( optional )
        - Robe Description Fix
        - Droid Anatomy Description Fix

jonathan7

- Bodies Stay Mod ( optional )

ndix UR

- PMHC06 TSL Head Fix

ZimmMaster

- TSL Walking & Running Animation Fix

Markus Ramikin

- Kill The Ithorian

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
  • Like 3
  • Light Side Points 1

Very ambitious project and impressive results so far, @Thor110!

I’m curious how K2 Expanded Galaxy are going to handle the planets from K1? Will visiting these planets be mandatory or optional? About quests/side quests for K1 planets: Are you planning on creating entirely new side quests or reusing the majority of the side quests from K1?

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, LoneWanderer said:

Very ambitious project and impressive results so far, @Thor110!

Thank You, it is quite ambitious and may take years to complete.

Will visiting these planets be mandatory or optional?

The new storyline / quests will all be optional.

Are you planning on creating entirely new side quests or reusing the majority of the side quests from K1?

Entirely new main and side quests for the K1 planets set in the K2 era.

Though I have been slacking a little bit recently ( taking a break ) I will be back to working on both Expanded Galaxy Projects soon, the Port is very nearly done and will require an Expanded Galaxy all of it's own to introduce the K2 planets into K1 in K2s engine.

I am almost always on the Discord if anyone wants to get involved, ask me questions, offer suggestions, test or anything else etc

https://discord.gg/g9cnEvr

Thor110

Update : Check the first post in this topic or the Discord for more information and links to 0.9.4 & the 0.9.5 patch! ( Up to 0.9.8 patches available and a standalone release on the Discord sever for the project )

Extra : YouTube Video below with a lengthy description of the state of the port part of the project! I have also finally been working on the main project again!

Install Instructions for the project in the video below. ( Inside the spoiler box )

Spoiler

Edited by Thor110
Install Instructions Video 19/04/2021
  • Like 1

Expanded Galaxy Project 1.0.7 Update ( Project & Patches available on ModDB, NexusMods & Discord ) Demo Available on DeadlyStream.

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1717-expanded-galaxy-demo/

Currently that I know of RoR, K1 & K2 can now all be played through in full under the same installation using the templates I provide to swap between them. ( I haven't tested the RoR demo in a little while now but it should still all work fine, I have tested K1 in full multiple times throughout the course of working on 1.0.6 & 1.0.7 as well as have tested K2 up to leaving Telos Academy and tested the latter half of the game multiple times before )

I also have a template that works and allows you to install TJM at the same time as well, but I am awaiting permission to release it.

It is also now possible to use the RoR heads in K1 & K2, by installing the Expanded Galaxy Project ( you don't have to install the port, but the templates will be required to swap between K1, K2 or RoR.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.80acc1111808e85b30cfbb2f56c7d521.png

To do this simply install Expanded Galaxy Project for K2, then install RoR on top of that, then use the template from the Port to swap back to K2 ( K2E Install Template )

Then copy appearance.2da, heads.2da and portraits.2da from the RoR template or install over to the override folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K3RvDkG5n_8Dp66Gd3KX5FYlitwKmbZy/view?usp=sharing

The above template allows you to swap back to playing RoR.

Hopefully this makes sense to people and is a valid enough excuse to bump my own topic.

The overall goal of the project once again is to improve both games as much as physically possible within the limitations of the original engine.

Spoiler

K2 Main Expanded Galaxy Project ( 1.0.7 )

Spoiler

baodura.thumb.png.1950c47a8f77019c28f53301e27a5e64.png

Bao-Dur now uses his arm properly on all the force fields in the military base?.!

Patch Notes

Spoiler

the damaged section of the ebon hawk has been converted into a placeable object

Ebon Hawk Armband Added ( given during council quest starter on coruscant or the ebon hawk )

one of the unused doors has been restored to genericdoors.2da

galaxy map should be correctly set to telos after leaving the academy now

K1 Port Expanded Galaxy Project ( 1.0.7 )

Spoiler

behindfreyyr.thumb.png.78869cee98ebdc71ba5aac8bb28a41f7.png

What lies behind Freyyr in the new patch!.?

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Manaan, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Lehon, the Leviathan and the Star Forge balancing issues have been resolved

Trask set back to Level 4 on the Endar Spire

Alien Dialog should be fixed on all planets now

Taris & Ebon Hawk Armbands now allow you to select your party when returning to your previous location.

liv_m99aa - Suvam Tan on Yavin Station now has the correct appearance

tar_m02ac - Kebla Yurt on Taris now has a placeholder appearance

tar_m02ab - T3-M4 joining now has the correct dialog

tar_m03ae - Canderous joining now has the correct dialog

tar_m04aa - Mission joining now has the correct dialog

tar_m05aa - Zaalbar joining now has the correct dialog

Dantooine Enclave Sublevel added

korr_m33aa Appearances for various characters fixed

tar_m08aa - ebon hawk ramp dialog fixed

Dantooine Kath Hound Sounds Fixed

all journal entries planet id's updated and various dialog.tlk file strings updated to contain mission location
to make up for the lack of an associated planetid for places like the Star Forge, the Ebon Hawk, Endar Spire or the Leviathan

ebo_m12aa - dialog for galaxy map fixed

kas_m25ab - lost shadowlands level and entrance to/from added

kas_m24aa - When Jolee joins it now has the correct dialog

Kashyyyk - katarns now have the right death sounds

danm17 - dantooine enclave sublevel added ( the laigrek, containers and items remain from k2 )

lev_m40ac - canderous dialog now has voiceover

after leaving the leviathan it no longer plays the animation taking off from the planet you just left

correct planet destination is now set on the galaxy map and leaving movie is set correctly also

can no longer leave dantooine early

dantooine is now stricken from the galaxy map after the leviathan sequence

A lot of the basic problems have now been worked out and though there is a lot left to fix and improve still, construction is well underway.

Random Desktop Backrounds!

Spoiler

1920x1080

Background1920.thumb.png.98142ddae93d02b776dd3e27151f37a0.png

BackgroundDesktop1920.thumb.png.5f0c489f9e4d0f8c1be84fa046ab3d52.png

Thanks to everybody that has helped the project so far and continues to do so, though it is still just me working on the project for the best part I continue to see new and interesting releases every day as well as receive useful / helpful advice from many, now with the majority of the issues out of the way I can finally begin building on the first game as much as possible and importing variables over from savedata that will allow for changes to be made to the second game using the save importer by lachjames which can easily be modified to import other variables.

It is my hope to have the overall outlook of each planet in the first game reflect the initial outlook of each planet in the second game.

As well as have a strong story revolving around the main character / companions and another simple galaxy crawl and search for this or that.

In the case of K2 that will be the Padawans to the Masters that were on Katarr during the devastation of the Jedi, or something along those lines.

For K1 that will be something surrounding getting in contact with the Council for better or for worse to discuss what happened to you.

For now the RoR heads / species is optional and do not have specific stat boosts in K1 or K2.

Thanks for reading and keeping up with the project.

This is a short trailer for the KotOR Port a part of the Expanded Galaxy Project, made for me by CatDaddy407, so a big thanks to them for that! I thought I would drop a link to the video here for people to see, though it doesn't show anything special it does highlight the state of the project quite well.

Note : The port is currently not available on DeadlyStream and is only available on ModDB or NexusMods.
Note : The port is an add-on for the Expanded Galaxy Project.

UPDATE : Brotherhood Of Shadow : Solomons Revenge Preview

bossr.thumb.png.af4d69ee7fc73aa8ec0db556958a3394.png

Upcoming Port Patch Notes ( Dialogs Fixed, Missing Scripts Decompiled & Recompiled + Animations Fixed & More )

Spoiler

sta_m45ad

some scripts cleaned up and recompiled

end_m01aa/001ebo

scripts cleaned up / recompiled
dialog NodeIDs sorted

end_m01ab

scripts cleaned up / recompiled
dialog NodeIDs sorted

tar_m02aa
tar_m02ab
tar_m02ac
tar_m02ad
tar_m02ae
tar_m02af

dialog NodeIDs sorted

end_m01aa

dialog break fixed on the bridge with trask
dialog NodeIDs sorted

end_m01ab

journal entry added at correct time
door to carth now opens properly
dialog NodeIDs sorted

stunt_00

dialog NodeIDs sorted

with the NodeIDs sorted for all the dialog files in the above levels
everything for Endar Spire through the Stunt cutscene and all of Upper Taris
should be free of dialog skipping, further testing is required.

Star Forge NodeIDs Sorted

Yavin Station NodeIDs Sorted

Leviathan NodeIDs Sorted

Stunt Module NodeIDs Sorted

tar_m03af - swoop announcer dialog fixed

tar_m02ac - lab station added to Zelkas Medical Facility

All Relevant K1 Items Updated to be Upgradeable

tar_m02ac - cantina door no longer shows security

endar spire - doors now have appropriate health values

zaalbars global dialog is fixed

t3m4s global dialog is fixed

hk47s global dialog is fixed

any scripts that exist in the override have been removed from modules to reduce install size by not much at all

Zone Catalogue Scripts Triggers & Placeables Removed from all levels

consular and sentinel classes should be properly granted now

Unknown World Temple Force Field can no longer be blasted with mines

Kashyyyk Force Field can no longer be blasted with mines

Dantooine correctly locked out after the leviathan sequence

Manaan is no longer absent from the galaxy map

Workbench in temple on unknown world now has K2 functionality

Taris workbench now properly opens after the initial dialog

airlock doors on Manaan can no longer be blasted with mines

The mission by the name of "Energy Emitter Mk 3" is now correctly titles "Premium Merchant"
strings 49998 & 49999 are used in global.jrl instead of the previous strings 42??? & 43???

Saving Hendar in the Taris undercity now correctly grants light side points when speaking to Hendar

Letting the Vulkar / Ex-Bek live in the Vulkar base now correctly grants light side points

Bastila now rejoins the party when added back to the party towards the end of the game

Ebon Hawk is now in space after leaving the leviathan

A lab station is now available on Manaan in the Kolto Distribution Center

A lab station is now available on Kashyyyk at the Czerka Facility

A lab station is now available on Dantooine at the Aratech Mercantile Store

A lab station is now available on Tatooine in the Droid Store

A lab station is now available on Korriban in the Sith Academies Interrogation Room

A lab station is now available in the Temple on the Unknown World in the Armory

A lab station is now present on the Ebon Hawk

The workbench on the Ebon Hawk now has the correct appearance of a workbench instead of a lab station

Sith Base Passcard is no longer a stack or an upgrade item and has its own unique strings 49996 & 49997

ebo_m12aa - Zaalbar, T3-M4 & Sasha now have audio for their dialog on the ebon hawk
ebo_m40aa - Zaalbar & T3-M4 dialog audio
ebo_m40ad - Zaalbar & T3-M4 dialog audio
ebo_m41aa - Zaalbar & T3-M4 dialog audio

more NodeIDs sorted ( entry, reply & starting lists in each entry of each dialog file )
Endar Spire, stunt_00 & All of Taris have the NodeIDs sorted properly
Hopefully dialog skipping will not occur anymore and I will also fix the rest eventually

repute.fac removed from levels where it was still present

all of the global dialog nodeid's sorted

NodeIDs sorted up to the first level of Dantooine...

k2 workbnch.dlg NodeIDs sorted

doors appropriately locked with a key required to prevent security being usable when it isn't needed
001ebo / end_m01aa
end_m01ab
tar_m02ac
tar_m02ab
tar_m03aa

100% of the port's dialogs NodeID's sorted

000_medstation.dlg NodeIDs sorted

Some Animations Fixed and all models that contain animations have been reconverted with the proper supermodels

four files added to both templates ( these will be removed in future if possible to minimise bloat )
galaxymap_x.gui ( might not be needed )
l_drdprot02.mdl ( sort of fixes the protocol droids model on Taris )
l_drdprot02.mdx ( etc extension data for the above model file )
swoopup_p.gui ( coloured gui for the swoop upgrades )

all levels recompiled with many missing scripts added

galaxy map script updated again

Construction Complete!

2121786071_underconstruction.png.9681faaf6317fa2d05171a23d1a8ecb0.png

The Expanded Galaxy Project or at least it's foundations are finally! no longer under construction...

This means a lot of things.

It has also come to my attention that many people think Shadow should be voiced due to being such a main character.

Which means I might be starting to look for voice actors to help with the project. ( Primarily to voice Shadow and replace Voiceover from Brotherhood Of Shadow : Solomons Revenge )

As well as Writers, Modders, Modellers, Texture Artists and Testers.

From here on out I am looking to write a story or set of stories that tie both games together.

As well as continuing to enhance what already exists in both games as much as possible.

And beginning to focus on implementing new content and merging content from all three parts of the project in order to allow for greater freedom in future mods.

I will also be releasing all of the source from both projects or rather I will continue to package the .nss scripts with each and every module as well as the Override folder until the project is much more complete which means people can use all of it to learn from and use to make mods for the game.

If and where possible I will write more tutorials and continue to document whatever I work on for the project to the best of my ability.

Thor110

Quick Update

I have fixed the broken walls of Sleheyron and Manaan!

sleheyron.thumb.png.107c5a058286a38ab9c680d125a8604e.png

Kashyyyk's broken level was fixed some time ago.

manaan.png.08e51fa8b90539f2a01e7dbf98d95dcb.png

The only level that remains broken isn't even a part of the Port project, which is Taris from Brotherhood.

random.png.546aa203b21d06d6a59d9183841af5c5.png

In which you get to play a random Twi'lek Jedi Captain of the Republic instead of a main character of BoSSR because I have not ported all of the characters yet.

UPDATE : I have finally got the Sleheyron Arena's working, I don't know why I stopped trying before must have been busy with other levels.

Spoiler

Basic Arena

arena1.thumb.png.4763a99e1f8cfd3fa4ed0e2d0c1719d7.png

Walled Arena

arena2.thumb.png.16792ddcc2f5750330419f263f510ccc.png

Tower Arena

arena3.thumb.png.540f8b60373409de33e0d1169024c080.png

Awesome to finally run around these arena's myself too!

Edited by Thor110
Sleheyron Arena's
  • Like 8

Update : Health duplication bug has been fixed, while I wasn't planning to start working on the project again until around April next year I will try to get out a new release before Christmas if I can resolve the balancing issues as well.

K2 Expanded Galaxy. ( rough story plans )

I have taken quite a break from the project overall which has been refreshing and allowed me time to gather my thoughts somewhat.

The general premise of the story is that these new worlds are revealed to you when you journey to Coruscant, finding the temple in ruins you will discover the co-ordinates to these other worlds.

You will then search these other worlds for even more Jedi Council Members or possibly some Jedi Padawans ( not fully decided yet )

Each world will have it's own story that will eventually be influenced by the events of KotOR1 making use of the save importer.

Tatooines "Sand People Enclave" will belong to the Jawas or the Sand People accordingly depending on whether LS or DS in K1, eventually I will also make it so that it is also purely dependant on what your actions actually were on Tatooine.

Kashyyyk will either be being run by Czerka or the Wookies again dependant upon your actions in K1 or to begin with whether the ending was LS or DS.

Yavin Station will be similar to K1 in that it will contain a Vendor whose stock changes with the progression of the main story of K2.

Sleheyron has a problem with people disappearing as well as a gambling problem with the gladiator rings, new combatants that seemingly come out of nowhere to face off in the combat arena, some winning, some losing, somehow always making it so that the Hutts rake in the credits. Coincidence or the Hutts? You'll have to find out when it's complete.

Lehon the Unknown World will again reflect the choices made in K1 at first using the LS / DS method and in future using your actual choices from your save.

Manaan will still be a very diplomatic world, neither the Sith or the Republic maintain a strong presence there anymore due to Manaan authorities restricting the amount of personnel from either faction due to the potential conflicts that could arise they are kept separate and the door leading towards their hanger will be welded shut because the Selkath plan the routes which their visitors can take to and from their respective holding facilities that the Selkath deliver Kolto to.

Coruscant will remain the same for the best part besides the addition of something to each level to get the story started, I might also nerf some of the items there or lock a few of the doors unless you are a certain level, I might also be adding an undercity using parts of Taris but for the moment this has been put on hold so as to not give me a whole new area to work with, will likely return to it after this is all done.

Everything is of course subject to change and I have likely forgotten details, will be focusing on the general feel of the worlds before really adding the stories that pass through them in order to make them feel as alive as possible as well as have their own quests and objectives unrelated to the Bonus Quest.

All of this will be an optional part of the game, even one which you could return to after completing the game.

M4-78 might end up becoming optional also, or I might continue working on improving it when I can spare the time. ( will likely return to this last as I also had an issue with my alterations to these levels so I have reverted to the originals from M478EP 1.5.1 for the time being )

I also have a droid vendor planned that will replace the Blackmarket droid on M478 once the game is complete allowing you to purchase war droids to fill the spare companion slots left at the end of the game. These droids will be permanent from there on out. ( I will either select a set of 10 droids or allow the player to preview every droid that exists in K2 if I get around to adding them all )

Some of this might have been mentioned here before or on the Discord, but I primarily wanted to drop a note here about stopping work on the port for a little while and ended up writing up all of this both to remind myself what's what and to leave it lying around for anyone else who might be interested to know what I have planned for it all.

This is unfortunate news for me I feel, because I had hoped to finish porting and retrofitting K1 in K2 so that each of the players choices in K1 were adequately recorded and transferred across to K2 using the save importer, this way I will have to plan ahead and do what I can with K2 until I work my way back to fixing the port and then probably pass back through them both a few times.

Still a lot of other random ideas and plans for the project floating around but will see what happens with them in time.

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
Update : Health Duplication Bug Fixed!
  • Like 1

darkside.thumb.png.71e7a9a15c621f0e87b8e5e320085b2c.png

It is now possible to play through both the dark and the light side of the first game in the second games engine. As of the latest patch 1.1.3 available on the Discord server for the project.

ending.thumb.png.cc5dd36fe3dcfceed74fb7c514b8e591.png

Now moving forward I can fix the remaining bugs and start expanding upon both games.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

I'm wondering how Lehon will work for Kotor 2. I assume that the Star Forge is still a mystery to those who weren't either present at it's battle or top Sith/Republic officials. If you make Revan light sided, then Lehon could be a place of mystery, with secrets of the Star Forge lost. If Revan is dark sided, then the Star Forge is still there, just not used and is dormant. It'll be kind of hard to hide that fact, unless it's your intention to make the Exile aware of the Star Forge. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:36 PM, Mephiles550 said:

I'm wondering how Lehon will work for Kotor 2. I assume that the Star Forge is still a mystery to those who weren't either present at it's battle or top Sith/Republic officials. If you make Revan light sided, then Lehon could be a place of mystery, with secrets of the Star Forge lost. If Revan is dark sided, then the Star Forge is still there, just not used and is dormant. It'll be kind of hard to hide that fact, unless it's your intention to make the Exile aware of the Star Forge. 

I am not certain on what I am doing with Lehon just yet. Those are some good questions though.

UPDATE 1 :

1197738260_appearancefixed.thumb.png.65b230cb42ad453ac687f048f61ed80c.png

The above appearances and many more have been fixed for the port. Available at : https://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ii-tsl-expanded-galaxy and on the Discord server for the project.

There have been a few new mods included with the main part of the project, primarily model fixes by PapaZinos.

As for what I am doing with Lehon, my thoughts are to potentially leave it out for now and create an end-game quest where you follow in Revan's footsteps, during the current free roam part of the game.

There is a lot of stuff to work out for both parts of the project but each and every fix brings it a step closer.

UPDATE 2 :

HangarK2.png.475428e1c0c6eba12354a3b691832ee1.png

The recent addition to the Yavin Station hanger has been added to both parts of the project for the next patch.

Above is a link to the original mod for the first game.

Edited by Thor110
UPDATE 2

The Expanded Galaxy Project for Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords

Main : The Expanded Galaxy Project
Port : The Expanded Galaxy Port of KotOR1 for The Expanded Galaxy Project
Hood : Brotherhood of Shadow : Solomon's Revenge for The Expanded Galaxy Port

"Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic" in "Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords"

malak-menu.png.808013af1b513ddcec9f995e31b5df3b.png

This is mainly still all for testing purposes, so very much consider this all still a work in progress. So expect bugs!

TSL Expanded Galaxy ( Main ) - v1.2.3

https://github.com/Thor110/Expanded-Galaxy-Main

TSL Expanded Galaxy Port of KotOR ( Port ) - v1.2.3 ( OPTIONAL )

Now includes a batch file called "launcher.bat" in the main game directory, that lets you pick between playing KotOR1 or 2!

https://github.com/Thor110/Expanded-Galaxy-Port

TSL Expanded Galaxy Brotherhood of Shadow : Solomon's Revenge Port from KotOR ( Port ) - v1.2.3 ( EXPERIMENTAL )

Now includes a batch file called "launcher.bat" in the main game directory, that lets you pick between playing KotOR1 or 2 and or Brotherhood of Shadow : Solomon's Revenge!

https://github.com/Thor110/Expanded-Galaxy-Hood

construction-extras.png.a8347cc3e57115497e7a13cf6659ef35.png

TODO :

MAIN :

https://github.com/users/Thor110/projects/1/

PORT :

https://github.com/users/Thor110/projects/2/

HOOD :

https://github.com/users/Thor110/projects/3

Join the Discord server and let me know what bugs you encounter!

Discord : https://discord.gg/g9cnEvr

Tatooine

806160337_1-Copy.png.a89eef8b68281e10e76e6fa564036020.png

Kashyyyk

1668650790_2-Copy.png.c44a0f0fc84ac553d1739692e06f3b46.png

Coruscant

378973535_3-Copy.png.8a8d713c67563ddad92fe1ba5cc433e1.png

Dreshdae - Korriban

dreshdae-2.png.52b36b692f6616af2f9ac820b41994c1.png

Unknown World

lehon-2.png.875f706a8beaab9ae4215c9d927a0840.png

Thor110

Update : The GitHub repositories have been updated so that the project can be downloaded directly from them now and installed without need to use the Releases tab or for me to prepare a specific version of the project.

Edited by Thor110
v1.2.3 GitHub Repository Cleanup

1 hour ago, Nm6k said:

Is this still being work on?

Other Projects

Yes, though progress has been slow lately as I have been busy with another project that aims to automate conversion of old Unreal Engine games to UE4/5.

https://github.com/Thor110/UE2-UE4

Currently it's just a series of batch scripts that utilise existing tools to extract and convert the game files in preparation for UE4/5 but I am preparing to go through the source code for each of the tools and re-work them to deal with any issues present at the moment.

Expanded Galaxy

That aside, the last update to the Main Expanded Galaxy Repository was 16 days ago, a lot of my time has been spent reaching out to other mod authors and looking for people who wish to join the project, as well as testing which consumes quite a lot of my time unfortunately.

The project recently overwent a major overhaul to bring it over to the new HoloPatcher installer, which took quite a while to prepare, it is no longer a drag & drop replacement install and is now a dynamically handled installation similar to TSLPatcher installs, which should make the project compatible with other mods, though I give no guarantees on that because mods can easily cause conflicts with one another.

Recruiting

Currently the project could do with a few more hands on deck, as expected it is far too grandiose for me to handle alone, though I think I have done well getting it this far on my own.

Looking for Testers, Modellers, Texture Artists and finally Writers to join the project, though I did plan to do it all on my own I am starting to think finishing it will be unlikely without a team, I am still holding out hope that as a community we can pool our efforts and resources to unify all of the best content into a single canonical overhaul of both games under the Expanded Galaxy branch.

End Goals

My end goal would be to create a singular install that totally overhauls both games as well as an additional optional install that overhauls the textures and models for both games.

Though it might be better that I wait for one of the open source engine re-implementations to be finished in order to better accommodate the needs of this project.

Road Blocks

Currently there are still a few roadblocks for me to overcome in order to fully realise the goal of this project, primarily forming a team and keeping things better organised, but additionally I need to work out what the best way forward is for the project, recently I have been reminded of the infamous dialog skipping bug that is present in TSL and I feel like it really is something that needs solving in order to make the project the best it possibly can be.

This is however a difficult task and a bug or problem that has plagued the game since it's release and has gone unsolved for a long time.

I also initially intended to try and finish the Port of KotOR1 to TSL before shifting my focus back to TSL itself, due to the need to incorporate a launcher and save importer that allows players to carry over their choices from the first game into the second game, but this is becoming increasingly difficult for me to swap between the games and playtest as well as work on both of them, for the time being I have set the Brotherhood of Shadow : Solomon's Revenge port aside in order to help reduce the workload, but the reduction is barely noticeable as that was just a side-project or venture to see how quickly I could get the majority of it reworked for TSL.

In Conclusion

In short, there's lot's to do and the project may never reach a stage where it is to be considered completed, but I very much hope this isn't the case and intend to continue working on it for as long as I can, getting it all this far has been physically and mentally exhausting, while the majority of the work is fairly easy, I started this project back when I was homeless for a short period of time and at times I find it debilitating to be reminded of that part of my life.

However, rest assured I will be continuing work on the project indefinitely, it's very much a life-long project which seeks to revitalise the original games as much as physically possible within the constraints of the TSL iteration of the odyssey engine.

Initially I had hoped to get a forum section for the project here on DeadlyStream and to raise regular discussions about what needs improving in the game as well as creating polls that the community could vote on in order to try and determine what changes are best, what fixes should or shouldn't be included and allowing the community to guide Expanded Galaxy to it's final destination.

However that didn't happen, keeping up with everybody's thoughts, ideas and opinions on the games is difficult enough, let alone everybody's suggestions for improving the game!

There is a Discord server for the project where people can discuss things, though it's been a little quiet as of late, it's very easy to discuss the possibilities for these games endlessly and while that can be helpful at times in order to bring forth ideas and suggestions that might help the project, at times it can leave me whiling away hours simply discussing the semantics of why I don't intend to include or add something to the project.

My Thanks

Thanks for checking in on the project and many thanks to all those who have helped support or contributed to the project so far.

Apologies for the super long response, but I felt it would be best to give a proper summary of what's what regarding the status of the project.

Thor110

• Like 1