Untold Prophecy

SWTOR Voice Clips for TOR Head Ports

I was wondering if there is anyway to bring over voice clips of Jaesa, Kira, and Meetra (if she had any?) to use as combat dialogue for female characters in K1 and K2?  Voice clips that could be used for things like taking too much damage, unlocking of failing to unlock doors, or just general grunts and taunts that can be used in conjunction with Darth Parametric's head mods.

If only my computer was working, I could have this done for K1 once I got home from work.  Alas, it's a no go.

On topic: Doesn't the Exile not have her voice lines playing in K2 as it stands now?

2 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

If only my computer was working, I could have this done for K1 once I got home from work.  Alas, it's a no go.

On topic: Doesn't the Exile not have her voice lines playing in K2 as it stands now?

In Kotor 2 the exile in entirely mute. The voice clips from Kotor 1 still exist in the data and there are mods out there that make them usable. I think you can also access them through KSE, but I'm not sure if they actually play without the mod.

Unless someone else gets around this before I have an operational computer, I'll do this when I can.  If someone else can do it before me, have at it.

If someone else does want to work on this first, this thread that has a list of all of the female lines that will likely prove useful to you.

• Light Side Points 1

I appreciate it! I think it would be a pretty nice addition to Darth Parametric's head mods. 

Plus being able to play as DS Jaesa and listening to the classic "I am going to make you suffer" line in Kotor 1 & 2 is a very entertaining idea. 

Or any Swtor companion really. 

I have (re)acquired the voice files. However, it will take some time to sort through them all. Pretty confident that I can make acceptable versions of LS Jaesa, DS Jaesa, and Kira for the Exile lines.  Meetra poses a problem as I mentioned in our PM - not enough files to work with, so I will skip that attempt. Will update when I  have something to report.

I'm glad to hear that your computer has started working again!

Don't worry about Meetra because I forgot her only voice work was as a force spirit. 

3 hours ago, Untold Prophecy said:

I'm glad to hear that your computer has started working again!

If my computer was working, you'd have the mod already.  My computer is not working.  My wife's computer is working however. Will update when I  have something to report.

• Light Side Points 1

Don't worry about it if you wife needs it! It is just a mod for the collection after all. 

But I appreciate her contribution to the work on this! 

Nearly done with Kira lines. 

Question for the gallery: What file format for the sound files would best fit for K1 and K2 (both Steam and non-Steam formats)?  IIRC, I can just have folks drop the lines in their Override folder.

Jaesa lines will be done after New Year's...

Anyone ready to test the Kira lines? In lieu of no response before, they are in MP3 format.

Edit: Attaching the files and letting y'all have at it instead of waiting for a response. Drop the MP3 files in the Override folder.  Let's just hope I that labelled everything right. This is a work in progress.

And now I get off my wife's computer as to not further annoy her. LOL

Kira Carsen (KOTOR Heads).rar

• Light Side Points 1

Will this work with either Kotor? I'm in the middle of a K1 playthrough, so I can KSE the voice onto Bastila. 

Otherwise, if it's Kotor 2 I can just reload to Freedon Nadd's tomb and set it to Mira. 

23 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Re-read my posts?

Sorry, I missed that one. Holiday madness is in overdrive here, so I haven't been able to follow the forum as closely as I'd like to. 

I'll hop on and test out the files in the next couple of hours. 

Well I can't seem to get the voice to work in game. I've tried adding it to a party NPC, and nothing shows up in the KSE soundset option. Starting a new character as a female didn't work either. 

I'm thinking that the files need to be in .wav format to work in game, like how the files for sound effect replacements are. Though I thought that mp3 files would be fine, I think that's only Jedi Academy where both file formats work without issue.

I'm sorry, I should have specified. I'm using the Steam version. For both games. Though I've reverted Kotor 2 back to the version before the Aspyr patch. 

3 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

If it doesn't work, I'm stumped and will abandon further work on this.

It works! I haven't gone into combat yet, but the switching dialogue plays without a hitch!

So the files won't activate from the Override Folder, the trick was to place them into Streamsounds instead. 

I thought they were working from the Override, but the vanilla female voice actress sounds close enough to Laura Bailey that I didn't realize until I tried moving the files.

Fortunately though, it's all good to go! I would just add into a readme or highlight in the files' description when you publish the final version that these need to go into Streamsounds. 

I can't seem to get the same trick to work for Kotor 2, even with the mod I linked above.

If you want to release a specific version for Kotor 2 though, maybe you could try overwriting Bastila's combat dialogue with Kira's and Jaesa's. Bastila's is still left in Kotor 2's files, and you can just place her lines as the PC's in KSE. Though I don't know how much time/effort that would take to do. Would you be willing to make K2 Specific versions?

If you wish to configure the files, you ought to research how you can utilize the voice files that I am providing. If it is as easy as you claim, you should have no problem.  Unless I am mistaken on the complexity, of course.