Sign in to follow this  
Alex_racer

Do not let RoR be lost and forgotten! If the mod is dead, just release the files...

If this mod is truly dead (I really hope this is not the case, but many fans fear that the mod actually is dead), then please, at least, if Logan is reading this or You were actively involved in its development and still have the files You were working on,  release the files with what You worked on so far!

I understand it must be hard to let go, but let's face it: is it better for all the hard work to just "rot away", forgotten on some hard drive in an old PC, that is collecting dust in an attic, or would You prefer that people would be able to enjoy at least a part of Your hard work and creativity, with proper credit being given to Your effort!

I am absolutely sure that all content made so far should be released, so that we could enjoy what has been made so far, and other young, dedicated modders could pick up the pace and continue Your excellent work! It could be uploaded to GitHub or even here and given "as is", and I bet lots of people would be much happier to play an incomplete mod than no mod at all!

I know it must be hard to let years of work go, but it would be a pity to let pride completly lose and destroy the very work You spent so much of your youths on!

Let's face it, it's been 10 years, it is a mod for a 15-year old game, it might not even run on the operating systems we will have 5-10 years from now :(( I know it is sad, but this is the reality, I am sure everyone will really appreciate being able to just play the mod as is right now, with all its missing content and bugs! Some of us are in their mid 30s to their 50s, we might not even live long enough to get to see the full mod released, if it ever gets finished...

Edited by Alex_racer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1