Stormie97

Stormie's new/ported models

Not bad. I'd say you'd want to darken the blue a bit, and the markings for the lekku tips seem like they should have a more pronounced shark tooth bit. The top center of the metal circlet thing also seems like it is a bit more faceted in the show version. Although all this is only going from that one picture I have. I don't watch the show.

Thanks, I made a number of small tweaks including darker blue bits on the lekku and pointier tips. I'm satisfied with the result and moved on to the skinning part. Here's a preview of her in-game.

Spoiler

1620234446_In-gametest.thumb.jpg.b35dcc0db791668cee9d4db8db5d694c.jpg

I've also started working on her outfit from the show finale (WIP untextured):

Spoiler

body_stage1.thumb.jpg.7fe686ff0c1c798871ffe5e5581be0d8.jpg

The final mod will also include her two lightsabers. I'm not sure about the locations to put the items in in-game though, suggestions are welcome.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, DarthParametric said:

I don't watch the show.

Well the last four episodes are some of the best prequel material that has come out so far, and it's also some of the best stuff Disney has ever done with the franchise. I heavily recommend and I don't think it's necessary to watch the whole show (nor the first 8 episodes of the final season) to appreciate the finale. :)

I watched the movie, which was basically enough to cure me of further need to watch the show. I also watched the episode of Rebels where she fights Vader, since everyone raved about that, and that had helicopter lightsabers. So yeah, Dave Filoni can burn in hell frankly.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Light Side Points 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

42 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

helicopter lightsabers

I was having a good day until you reminded me of those.

Haven't seen the movie (which I hear is pretty bad) but yeah, Rebels ranged from mediocre to atrocious and I hope they never dare to bring that Space Aladdin idiot back. Doesn't change my opinion on CW's finale though.

Ahsoka's looking great!! I won't chime in on my CW or Rebels opinions because I can tell we disagree 🤣

Haven't posted here for a while, time for an update.

Regarding my Ahsoka Tano mod I've posted about a few months ago, progress is good. The head is complete and working well in-game. I've also worked on her outfit of the S7 finale. While it is well under way, I need to finish painting the textures before moving on to skinning the model.

Spoiler

body_stage4.thumb.jpg.f9940852e7873dc4aa611a5b0e3be6d1.jpg

Since the oufit seems to bear Mandalorian patterns, I think I'll make the outfit available in-game (probably technically working as a disguise) as a reward for completing the hand-to-hand combat challenge in the Mandalorian camp on Dxun or something like that.

I don't want to release the head separately and then go back to update the file to include the outfit, but I'll drop a "beta" version of the mod containing just the head here. Feel free to report any bugs on this thread or by DM.

Moving on, the other day I've posted a pic of a WIP model I'm working on. The idea behind it is to create all new models that'd replace the boring default commoner clothing for the PC. I'll create upgradable items with interesting stats to give the user an incentive to actually use the new clothing other than just the new aesthetic. While I've teased the male model the other day, the female version is actually pretty much done. I've literally spent dozens of hours working, scrapping and recreating the damn thing, but I've now come to something I'm very happy with. And here it is.

Spoiler

female_exile_better_render_v2.thumb.png.b65be67b00385ba67bb3596c289407b0.png

Female_exile_proces.thumb.jpg.c2fcc78e40085cfa6ee35eb9958b5c17.jpg

That's an illustration of the different iterations of the model. I wasn't kidding, I've put way more time into this than I'd ever care to admit. Thanks COVID I guess.

But wait, you might be wondering..

iShrX.gif

..and yes it do!

Spoiler

blackpreview.thumb.jpg.39fd8b70a94402e61f859bc182580529.jpg

Next step, finishing the male model!

Ahsoka_beta.zip

• Like 10
  • Light Side Points 1

21 hours ago, Stormie97 said:

I don't want to release the head separately and then go back to update the file to include the outfit, but I'll drop a "beta" version of the mod containing just the head here. Feel free to report any bugs on this thread or by DM.

It’s good to have new heads, especially if it’s of famous character and well made. Great job!

Unfortunately, there is a bug: her head tail is clipping through some standard robes. It happens with Jedi robe models, JS armor (but not with Jedi Master robe models).

Spoiler

1505052131_AhsokaTanojedi_robe.jpg.5ce940ac9d71d27d648cefa5874d97b2.jpg

21 hours ago, Stormie97 said:

That's an illustration of the different iterations of the model. I wasn't kidding, I've put way more time into this than I'd ever care to admit.

The very first costume on the left also looks interesting. Reminds Rey’s costume a little. It will probably suit a martial art character focused on hand-to-hand combat or a Jedi with single blade.

Thank you. Yes I'm aware of it. It's not really a bug since everything is working as intended, it's just that the robes weren't designed with Togrutas in mind so the main lekku in the back ends up clipping with the hood. Anyway, I think I'll just have to include modified robe models in the final mod that would have flattened out hoods. They'll just replace the ones used by this head's appearance line, so other playable heads and NPCs will still have the regular robes. Seems like the simplest way to get rid of the problem.

46 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

It will probably suit a martial art character focused on hand-to-hand combat

Well, doesn't that remind you of a certain companion? 😉

Beautiful work on the Exile. I really wish we had more creative minds working on Kotor II. Very good original content, please keep it up!

22 hours ago, FiendishlyInventive said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I wish all the superb new heads might go to diversifying the NPCs across K1 and K2, instead of being yet another potential option for the PC. 

Well my work on the Leia head model hasn't seen much progress tbh. As for Ahsoka, I don't see her replace a particular NPC as it stands, however I might release the head model as a modder's resource if others are interested in replacing some NPCs with Togrutas.

15 minutes ago, Natural Law said:

Like a mix between Juno Eclipse and Sniper Wolf.

Good eye. I did use those as reference while I was crafting that thing.

3 minutes ago, Stormie97 said:

Good eye. I did use those as reference while I was crafting that thing.

Cheers. I'm guessing from left to right on the line-up is the evolution to the final jumpsuit? Will there be a different colour for each class? 

I only ever used that head in one play-through but it was rather telling in how similar she looks to Atris. Like you were her estranged sister.

While I’m not keen on replacing canon KotOR characters with those from other eras, I nonetheless wonder how is the progress on Ahsoka’s model going?

3 hours ago, BabylonAS said:

While I’m not keen on replacing canon KotOR characters with those from other eras, I nonetheless wonder how is the progress on Ahsoka’s model going?

Halted for now. Most of my remaining modding time is dedicated to a new project for which I'll open a new thread soon. The Ahsoka head model is pretty much done though, you can download it here. Beware that there's some inevitable clipping with the hood of the jedi robes because of the lekkus.

• Light Side Points 1