VarsityPuppet

Mod of the Year 2018 Nominations Are Open!

Merry Christmas! Season's Greetings!

I'm trying to get us ahead of the curve this year (thanks @N-DReW25 for asking), so we're opening Mod of the Year 2018 nominations!

If you've never participated in Mod of the Year before, it's pretty simple.

Rules for nominations:

• Nominate up to 3 mods (1 per category) and 1 community member
  • If the mod/member you're nominating has already been nominated, try to think of another that hasn't received a nomination yet. This isn't required, but it widens the pool
  • The mod doesn't have to be hosted on DeadlyStream to be nominated, but you should provide a link in your nomination
  • Mods eligible for nomination have to have been released in 2018. Mod updates released in 2018 do not count

The categories this year are:

Best Texture Enhancement
Reskins, HD Textures, or any mod that adds new textures to the game

Best Content Restoration / Addition
Mods that enhances the existing game content or add new game content 

Most Helpful Community Member
A member that has been active in helping the community overall, whether performing mod requests, troubleshooting game installs or if you're named @DarthParametric 

and of course

Mod of the Year
The best Kotor/TSL mod released this year!

We'll collect nominations all the way up until January 6th, so there should be plenty of time to get nominations in. Voting will start the third week of 2019. K1 and K2 mods will both be contending for the same awards, so choose wisely! 

• Like 4

Hi! I have made up my mind, and is so excited to participate; as this is my first!

So, aside of submitting the nominees, I'd like to have some words with them, also.

• Best Texture Enhancement: @VarsityPuppet's "Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance" - Well, whaddaya' say? I can tell that lots of love and soul had been given to this creation. Amazing stuff; as it blends perfectly with the game either in modded state or vanilla.
    Spoiler

1676786909_VPsAjuntaPall-ReviewMerged.thumb.png.dd2181f65926337c5a0b32bf2162f4b1.png

• Best Content Restoration / Addition: @JCarter426's "JC's Fashion Line I: Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1" - This mod is a game-changer; undisputed. Along with its resource, it opened tons of new possibilities; particularly with K1's modding. As content addition, the mod is dreams-come-true in regards of robe's variety for the game.

Spoiler

DM_Qrtrstff_Rvw.thumb.jpg.8dda0f86c9904d686fb7b77601b1960f.jpg

• Most Helpful Community Member: Welp, I'm about to nominate myself on this category but it was auto-corrected to @DarthParametric instead, lol! No one's been more helpful to me than DarthParametric in helping to loving the game. :respect:

• Mod of the Year: It is fair for me to say that the Mod of the Year goes to VarsityPuppet's "Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance". It is unique; as-is and I can't ask for a better fully working high-quality model, bump-map, diffuse texture, and content than his mod had offered. Things you want to achieve in modding- it's there.

As a closure; Happy Holidays y'all! May the Force be with you. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

This'll be a tricky set of selections...

also lol, i must of missed something to warrant a mention from you in the post because i don't remember what i asked. I've been out of the loop for a bit

VP: My Bad, I was looking at statuses and got you mixed up with NDrew

For some odd reason, I cannot reply to any sort of "News" thread thus locking me out of this year's Mod of the Year. If an admin can move the content of this thread into the actual Mod of the Year thread that'd be great.

For this, I'll give three mods as is the allowed limit for this year's Mod of the Year, however, the thread said "you can select up to 3 mods, 1 per category" when there are only 2 categories so they'll be two mods in one category and one in the other. 

Best Texture Enchantment:

Not since the K1 Enchantment Pack has someone tackled a reskin of some of the minor, unnoticed characters like Selven. Embar, using modern HD textures, has created and plans to create more epic HD reskins in his "Legends" series. This would be my pick for the 2018 Mod of the Year and a Legends mod may even be my 2019 choice at the rate he works now.

Best Content Restoration/Addon:

A return of SithSpecter's classic Cross Guard mod, with new tools made by Bead-V he has finally improved his original mod as well as fixed the annoying bugs from the earlier builds.

An innovative idea, this "mod pack" is a collection of small fix mods, such as my own, which combines many individual mods into one making the installation process a lot easier and less time consuming.

Best Community Member:

I'd say for this as, considering DarthParametric is already nominated, I'd say @Kexikus is my pick, while obviously, DarthParametric is god's gift to Kotor Kexikus is still a modder who can lend a hand whenever he can.

• Thanks 1

Best Texture Enchantment:

Wow; thank you, @N-DReW25. I'm not expecting that to be honest. Seriously, an honored for me to have the mod nominated. 🙏

...using modern HD textures...

Welp, you wouldn't like my next plan on her for sure then, lol. As time goes by I had a change of preferences on some design; characters for one.

So, keep the expectations low next term! 😁

It'll be own of the hardest years to vote for K1/TSL mods as there's been so many great modders that are really helpful and posting some excellent mods that'll never be removed from my override but here goes.

My votes are as follows...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Texture Enhancement

@Dark Hope's Soldier Reskin for K1. A lot of effort went into this mod, and the final work is outstanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Content Restoration / Addition: 

@DarthParametric's Diversified Jedi Captives on the Star Forge. It's the little touches that make this mod fantastic, it was always annoying seeing multiple clones of the same reused head at the end of the game, permanent addition to my override. 

Most Helpful Community Member: 

@JCarter426 as he's always kind and patient when assisting others with their modding queries, this place wouldn't be the same without him! 

I know I can only vote one person but here's some honorable mentions in this category: @DarthParametric, @Sith Holocron, @Kexikus!!

Mod of the Year: 

@A Future Pilot's KOTOR 1 Community Patch. I like to think this is a decent shoutout to all the effort A Future Pilot made to get his own work into the mod plus the contribution others have made in the past to fix K1. I loved seeing the community provide permission to use their own work in the mod and the great reception it received during and after the release of the mod. This mod definitely highlights the kindness and generosity of modders in helping others have their visions fulfilled. 

• Like 1

It's that time of the year again and I didn't release a single mod this year. That certainly needs to change in 2019^^

Anyway, on to the nominations:

Best Texture Enhancement

@VarsityPuppet's Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance.

Not sure if it counts for this category, but I'd like to nominate @JCarter426's Dense Aliens for K1. It's a small tweak but it goes a long way in improving the game.

My nomination goes to @bead-v for providing the tools (I know they were released last year) that made many of this year's mods possible.

Mod of the Year

As an example of all the small but valuable fixes that  @DarthParametric has provided over the course of the year, I nominate the KOTOR Comic Republic Uniforms for K1.

• Like 1

Hello!

Here I cast my nominations as well.

Best Texture Enhancement

Hard to choose, as usual. And this one is not even one I use myself (for consistency reason) but it shows great care in the design and texturing. Other great contenders were ebmar's Selven "Legends" and VP's Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance.

Hard to choose here as well. In the end my vote goes to one of the recent excellent releases from our resident guru DarthParametric.

What was hard to choose up to here becomes for me almost impossible here. This great community has helped me greatly and so many would stand out in this respect. I want to mention @Canderis, @ebmar, @DarthParametric in particular although there have been others worthy of much praise. But I can choose only one and this year's preference is going to @JCarter426 who has been a constant support and a patient listener. Said that, ebmar deserves the title of most enthusiast, kindest soul, quickest runner-up and talented newcomer this community has seen this year.

Mod of the Year

Again, tough competition here as well. For my own vision of what the most good a modification can do for a game I must choose the amazing @A Future Pilot's debut mod. I do not use it myself because I have my own all-in-one modification I can rely on but the project itself is the one I am the most interested in, hoping also for future collaboration. As a personal note, the Most Anticipated Mod of the Year for me would no doubt be @blinkyzero's Enemy Enhancer, a real shame there's never been any release.

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Lots of really good submissions here. I don't really have much to add as everyone else covered the primary ones I could think of. Except one, a very recent one that just came out.

Mod of the Year: I'd like to nominate jc2's "Lehon Mandalorian Expansion."

I love seeing gameplay expansions, and it's awesome to see the hard work jc2 put into this mod, especially with the Mando'a language.

• Like 2

Here are my nominations!

#1 - A nice little addition to the game. - Best Content Addition

#2 - An overhaul of one of the overlooked areas of the game / story. - Best Texture Enhancement

#3 - Female Armour Collar Fix by DarthParametric, it's really nice to see odd pieces of the game that have visual issues getting fixed.

Best Content Restoration

I nominate Kexikus for most helpful community member, though I have not been on the forums long they have helped me and I have seen they help around the site in general.

Mod of the Year
For mod of the year I nominate Lehon by jc2

Just saw this thread and noticed I had like a day left, so I thought I would write up and submit my nominations now before it's too late.

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
Formatting.
  • Thanks 1