[K1] Cool Saber Icons

Cool Saber Icons

This mod replaces all the saber icons [Mantle of the Force, Heart of the Guardian and Malak's Lightsaber included] with the all new Cool Saber Icons.

-= BACKGROUND =-

When I switch around the lightsabers on the equip-list menu I had noticed that the blue lightsaber icons wasn't blue enough -- it was more purple than blue for this eyes, so I decided to make it blue, similar to the blade's color. The color of the icons were inspired by JCarter426's "JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects", the K1 version in particular. In the end not only the color that was changed, but the overall style of all the icons as well.

-= ABOUT THIS MOD =-

Inside this mod are 22 new Cool Saber Icons in TPC format -- covering all the available [saber] icons [including the unobtainable Malak's] in vanilla game.

Preview --

K1_CSIv200_LS_Preview.jpg.213cf10ccd015b0a37bca61eefb0b29b.jpg

K1_CSIv200_SLS_Preview.jpg.ee1a70a166ee8ba817eb54fc4c6f8a6a.jpg

K1_CSIv200_DBLS_Preview.jpg.d2a0400fa1b318fb98f3b4f1c5023611.jpg

As in v2.0.0 the hilts were rendered using VarsityPuppet's "Hi Poly Tin Cans" [ported to K1 by Fallen Guardian] enhanced by DarthParametric's "Alternative Textures". DP did the neat work as well on rendering them for me to repurpose as icons. As for the background bits I used and combined the TOR assets ported and provided by Magnetiicz.

-- provided as well user-friendly TGA/DDS/TXI cleaner and mod-uninstaller for convenience purpose.

-= FINAL REMARKS =-

As it stands now Malak's Lightsaber is unobtainable in-game in a regular way. However, you can use cheat-console then type for giveitem g_w_lghtsbr06 to get one. I planned on allowing players to obtain one in-game sometimes in the future -- probably with the next update.

There's always room for improvements; reviews, critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks are much appreciated. PM me here, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and using this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

-= INSTALLATION =-

• Be sure to check for _CLEANLEFTOVERS folder first and read the Readme for further required actions
  • When you're sure and ready -- hit the [Install Mod ->] button!

-= UNINSTALLATION =-

Available in the _UNINSTALL folder -- be certain to read the Readme first!

-= COMPATIBILITY =-

Is NOT compatible with mods that share the provision; doing same thing, same assets, etc.

-= REDISTRIBUTION =-

I'd love to provide direct support to my work, which wouldn't be possible if they're scattered in the Unknown Regions -- so be considerate to not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any websites.

If you're to use the assets from this mod - please be kindly to ask for permission first -- that way I know what's up, and if it's interesting enough I might offer to be involved, hahah. Or at least we'll talk. Cheers!

-= CREDITS =-

• The Almighty Force
  • BioWare, Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts for Knights of the Old Republic/The Sith Lords/The Old Republic
  • VarsityPuppet and Fallen Guardian for VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 which models used for rendering
  • DarthParametric for Alternative Textures for VP's Tin Cans and rendering the sabers -- also feedbacks on this project as well the past-present knowledge along with his creation that I took learn from
  • Magnetiicz for Ui_Icons_Swtor which ported TOR assets used and combined for the sabers' background bits
  • JCarter426 for JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects that comes as inspiration --
  • -- and Inyri Forge for all their awesome work that I look up to. Had learned a lot from their mods and been practicing using their methods
  • Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool
  • ndix UR for tga2tpc and tpcview
  • stoffe for TSL Patcher and Fair Strides for the updates [bundled with K1CP]
  • djh269 for K1 saves [entire playthrough] that's really helpful for testing of this mod
  • Tool Makers wasn't mentioned -- can't make it without y'all! :respect:
  • Members of DeadlyStream
  • All active/inactive modders that direct/indirectly influenced me to get into modding
  • DS for being a home -- a place to hangout, to discuss and hosting my work
  • DS staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site

- eb

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/10/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

[Updated to v1.0.1: June 04, 2019]

What's new?

• All texture now in native-TPC format. They should appear better in-game GUI - take a look and see for yourself :cheers:
  • Adds Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force [vanilla color scheme] to the list as optional installation

[Update: 01/17/2022/PM]

What's coming in v1.0.2?

• Rebranding; new logo, new name --

Cool Saber Icons

• New Cool Saber Icons --

K1_CSI_v102_Preview_07.thumb.jpg.b533192033d7aa30a470419ad918449b.jpg

In-game preview [L-to-R] -- Mantle of the Force & Heart of the Guardian, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Malak's Lightsaber, Item-list overview.

Icons' credits:

Mods appeared with the preview:

Stay tune to be updated [for the official release] and/or follow the thread for notifications! 😁

• Like 1

[Updated to v2.0.0: January 19, 2022]

Cool Saber Icons

What's new?

• Rebranding; new logo, new name
  • 22 new Cool Saber Icons scaled at x128 in uncompressed-TPC format -- covering all the available icons [including the unobtainable Malak's] in vanilla game
  • New hi-poly hilts rendered [by DarthParametric] using VarsityPuppet's "Hi Poly Tin Cans" [ported to K1 by Fallen Guardian]
  • New enhanced textures using DarthParametric's "Alternative Textures"
  • New background-bits using combined TOR assets ported and provided by Magnetiicz
  • User-friendly TGA/DDS/TXI cleaner and mod-uninstaller for convenience purpose
  • Optimized installation using TSLPatcher [allowing automatic backup-data for presented TPC in the Override]

7 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

Reminds me of the icons for the Force Powers in the Jedi Knight games.

Aaand, you're apparently right --

Spoiler

73366-star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy

Thanks for the heads-up -- I wouldn't know if you didn't brought that up. 👍

Yeah, didn't planned on as I'm not playing JK enough to know about it -- such coincidence. But yeah, resources I had were all from Star Wars' games - so if anything it'd came back looking like one.

1 hour ago, Kaidon Jorn said:

Im jealous, wish i had done something like this for my hilts. These look really good.

Please - don't be. 😛 -- and you should done some to your hilts now that you're aware of it, hahah. Sometimes simple stroke outlining the hilts can make differences.

Also for the most part I can't take the credits all for myself as they're consisted of others' work; VP and FG with the models, DP with the textures and renders, as well Magnetiicz with the ported TOR assets used as BG bits.

Anyway, much thanks for the compliment. 🍻