ebmar

[Request] Fixing Vandar Direction

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope y'all doing fine. :cheers:

It'd be awesome if someone release a fix for Vandar's false direction; as seen in the screenshot:

Spoiler

Vandar_FalseCoordinate.thumb.jpg.d93061648689615aab2660270dc8f7c9.jpg

I believe a fix to the particular cutscene would be necessary as that is one of the important scenes in game and kind of an introductory to the Councils; particularly Master Vandar.

Many thanks for considering this and, May the Force be with You! :cheers:

Is that the first time you visit the council? I think I remember someone else mentioning it before, but I'm not sure if I have ever seen it myself.

Edit: I can't test it myself, as I don't get the issue, but try dropping this script in your Override and see if it changes anything.

Edit 2: Actually, try these two scripts:

k_pdan_zhar_scripts.7z

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Is that the first time you visit the council?

It is; the particular scene occurred the first time we visit the Council with Bastila.

I think I remember someone else mentioning it before, but I'm not sure if I have ever seen it myself.

Could very well be me with this post lol.

I can't test it myself, as I don't get the issue....

So odd. I thought it was a universal issue which everyone pretty much experience the same.

You have any idea where the issue came from? 🤔

....but try dropping this script in your Override and see if it changes anything.

It works! But only three-quarters of the scene. As with the very first arrival scene; Master Vandar is still stare into the abyss:

Spoiler

289277037_Vndr_FlsCHlf_Fx.thumb.jpg.1ae06dcbb7f4cfb7eb562635253ac0fb.jpg

Nevertheless; thanks for the attempt! :cheers:

Did you try the updated archive with two scripts? That should attempt to set his facing on two different nodes.

2 minutes ago, ebmar said:

But only three-quarters of the scene.

When does he turn away again? What's the line of dialogue?

9 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Did you try the updated archive with two scripts?

Nope- wasn't with the first try, but I have now- and the most recent script is working!

Spoiler

1618729448_Vndr_FlsCFx.thumb.jpg.4e633c6b064353b52f203894616ab369.jpg

Fantastic- thanks! :cheers:

Anyway; didn't mean to push my luck here lol.

• Could you do the same with Vandar's direction but is before the cutscene's trigger:
    Spoiler

Vndr_FlsC_BfrCtScn.thumb.jpg.f2212fb2bda262f3d712f8dd25d87f4a.jpg

When does he turn away again? What's the line of dialogue?

He doesn't turn away again; what I mean was with the first quarter of the scene he still facing the unknown.

2 minutes ago, ebmar said:

He doesn't turn away again; what I mean was with the first quarter of the scene he still facing the unknown. 

Ah. Yeah the second script (08) fires on the first dialogue node. You may not need the other one. It would be worth deleting that one (07) and seeing how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Could you do the same with Vandar's direction but is before the cutscene's trigger

I'll have to look at what options there are for that. Possibly the first dialogue when you get off the Hawk can be hijacked.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DarthParametric said:

Ah. Yeah the second script (08) fires on the first dialogue node. You may not need the other one. It would be worth deleting that one (07) and seeing how it plays out.

Got it; thank you for the heads-up!

I'll have to look at what options there are for that. Possibly the first dialogue when you get off the Hawk can be hijacked.

Again; many thanks on considering. :cheers:

19 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

If you can load a save before landing on Dantooine, you can try this one:

k_pdan_bastmv.7z

It works! Thank you. :cheers:

Spoiler

816867585_Vndr_FlsC_BfrCtScnFIXED.thumb.jpg.51d4bf6ddd10a3e6b0ee4adae9933177.jpg

This fires at the end of the dialogue with Bastila when you first leave the ship. If that works, you may not need either of the previous scripts.

Copy that!

Anyway, I'm still curious for what's causing this issue in the first place; as I have seen some footage in YouTube that Vandar's direction was indeed facing to the right direction. 🤔

Edited by ebmar

12 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Have a look at what mods you are using that modify the DANM13 module or parts thereof.

There are indeed two installed mod that were using DANM13 module in my current playthrough:

1. KotOR 1 Restoration
  2. Diversified Jedi Captives on the Star Forge - Optional: Jedi Captives Appear on Dantooine [installed on top of K1R]

21 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I'd be surprised if K1R did it....

Ah well- it is confirmed then. KotOR 1 Restoration did it with the Vandar's glitch as seen in this playthrough's footage [started at 11:06].

• Screenshots of the glitch from the footage:
    Spoiler

K1R_VandarDirGlitches.JPG.7ae47234b87421b5508260f50d41662e.JPG

Edited by ebmar

I'll have a look through their files. Perhaps they changed the OnEnter or something.

Edit: OK, I see the problem. For some bizarre reason, they altered Vandar's orientation in the GIT. I would assume that was an unintentional mistake, and should be reported in the appropriate K1R bug thread.

Vanilla:

XOrientation: -0.555570065975189
YOrientation: 0.831469714641571

K1R:

YOrientation: -0.831469714641571
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

I would assume that was an unintentional mistake....

Vanilla:

Spoiler

YOrientation: 0.831469714641571

K1R:

Spoiler

YOrientation: -0.831469714641571

More likely; as the only difference that made this issue matter was a "-". That is bizarre. 🤔

....should be reported in the appropriate K1R bug thread.

Sure thing, I'll have it reported soon.

5 minutes ago, ebmar said:

That is bizarre

Not really, in terms of the impact. Making the Y orientation negative changes the rotation from 90° to 180° (the X and Y orientations for creatures is the cosine and sine, respectively, of the rotation in degrees).

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Making the Y orientation negative changes the rotation from 90° to 180° (the X and Y orientations for creatures is the cosine and sine, respectively, of the rotation in degrees).

Thanks for the insight! :cheers:

Anyway, it seems the bug already reported couple of times in the respective thread. But as far as it goes no response yet from the thread master.

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

In the meantime, this should be the "proper" solution, rather than the scripts above:

[K1]_Vandar_Orientation_Fix_For_K1R.7z

Many thanks for the attempt! Very much appreciated. :cheers:

Here are some results of the attached fix, without the previous script-fix installed:

Spoiler

VndrDir_PatcherFix.thumb.jpg.140fe14593e59b03f5040657c16329f1.jpg

The patcher works flawlessly- and the result is awesome! I was confused as I don't see any "file" inside the 'tslpatchdata' beside an .ini and .rtf- and I think I haven't seen any kind of this installation before lol.

I also see they have altered Vrook's rotation in the GIT as well. You didn't notice any problem with that?

I didn't notice any odd appearance or problem at all with Vrook's orientation, placement or any direction issue particularly with K1R version. He seems to be "act" well; as seen in the screenshots below:

Spoiler

K1R_Vrook_Orientation.thumb.jpg.8dd82b0ef44e2347c1ceca4cd8026f38.jpg

But also I can't surely recall the differences between vanilla with K1R version because it's been a while since my last time using a vanilla installation. 🤔

Edited by ebmar

5 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I was confused as I don't see any "file" inside the 'tslpatchdata' beside an .ini and .rtf- and I think I haven't seen any kind of this installation before lol.

There's no need to include a pre-existing GFF file when just making alterations in-place. You only need to include files that are being completely being replaced, or that don't already exist in the target location. All the mod does is edit a single field in the existing GIT. That said, it relies on the target MOD already existing in the modules folder, but that is a given since it is a patch for K1R.

8 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I didn't notice any odd appearance or problem at all with Vrook's orientation

Yeah he looks to be fine there. I'd have to go back and determine what the actual rotation values were to see how much of a difference it was.

• Like 1

Two years later replying but I been playing kotor recently and vandar would be facing the wrong way also and I just started playing a few months ago in 2020.  Thank you for providing a fix here DP and downloaded.

21 hours ago, Michele said:

...been playing kotor recently and vandar would be facing the wrong way also and I just started playing a few months ago in 2020.  Thank you for providing a fix here DP and downloaded.

I hoped you're using KOTOR 1 Community Patch in your playthrough because I believe they had resolved that [and in a more extensive way] as part of this issue.

6 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

It's a K1R problem. K1CP only fixes vanilla issues.

Thanks for the heads-up! Yeah, I forgot that it had been discussed before --

On 11/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, DarthParametric said:

For some bizarre reason, they altered Vandar's orientation in the GIT.