LordCybot

Backporting from K2 to K1

Hey everyone, I was just curious if it would be possible for me to port an armor I made for K2back to K1. And if it is, if there's any steps I have to take to make sure animations and physics models transfer properly.

Yes. Simply recompile the ASCII against the equivalent K1 supermodel. If you made use of TSL's added bones however, such as for the cloak of a robe, then that won't work in K1, as it lacks those. Fortunately however, @JCarter426 has ported the TSL supermodels to K1 as part of his robes mod, so you can either install his robes mod or just take the supermodels from it (or the modder's resource pack) and compile against those.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

As an addition to DarthParametric information; this instructional discussions [including pictures] pretty much covered the area you will need to get most porting things done.

Be well with the attempt! :cheers:

Edit: And make sure you have these tools with you going forwards:

Edited by ebmar

Apologies, but is there a detailed tutorial on how to do this anywehere? Also, since I'm trying to create a new armor and not edit an existing appearence do I need to make new entries in the appearance.2da?

14 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Yes. Simply recompile the ASCII against the equivalent K1 supermodel. If you made use of TSL's added bones however, such as for the cloak of a robe, then that won't work in K1, as it lacks those. Fortunately however, @JCarter426 has ported the TSL supermodels to K1 as part of his robes mod, so you can either install his robes mod or just take the supermodels from it (or the modder's resource pack) and compile against those.

8 hours ago, ebmar said:

As an addition to DarthParametric information; this instructional discussions [including pictures] pretty much covered the area you will need to get most porting things done.

Be well with the attempt! :cheers:

Edit: And make sure you have these tools with you going forwards:

Apologies, but is there a detailed tutorial on how to do this anywehere? Also, since I'm trying to create a new armor and not edit an existing appearence do I need to make new entries in the appearance.2da?