Salk

[KotOR] Sand People Enclave bug

Hey, it's been a while but I wanted to pop back in because I've been debugging this again for the Community Patch and thought we could compare notes if I've missed anything.

I already have fixes for the rapid transit issue and the loading from a save issue. The Sand People will go hostile if you "return to Ebon Hawk" and then don't put a disguise on, and they won't go hostile if you enter the enclave with a disguise.

I also didn't specifically make fixes for these, but after applying the above, I no longer ran into the weirdness with their hostility state changing if I kept exiting and entering the enclave, or any [A small group of Sand People ambush you!] encounters while disguised. I'm not sure if they're really fixed since I didn't actually do anything for them, but they may have been fixed by the other fixes.

The one thing that does still plague me is that if you take a disguise off and exit an area, there's a good chance the game will crash. It's most likely caused by the module's OnExit firing the heartbeat script, but I don't know why that would crash the game.

Hello!

All that you have fixed I have done as well on my side (hopefully). I remember finding many oddities and testing quite extensively. These are my notes about the Sand People:

- Fixed bug with Sand People Enclave turning hostile when it shouldn't (modified m18ab.are)
- The death trap outside of the Sand People Enclave entrance is disabled once the Party gain access to the Enclave (modified k_ptat_sanddeath.ncs)
- Fixed bug with Party being able to wander about among the Sand People without a necessary disguise (modified k_cri18aa_heart.ncs and k_ptat18ab_heart.ncs)
- The Sand Enclave turrets will no longer be invulnerable to attacks after the Party has accessed the Enclave (created k_cri18ab_enter.ncs)
- Small camera/orientation fix for dialogue with Tusken guarding the Enclave entrance (created k_cri_senclave.ncs, k_cri_spgdlook.ncs, k_cri_spgddlg.ncs; modified tat18_14sandg_01.dlg, tat18_senclave.utt)
- Fixed bug with random walk script triggering while in dialogue mode after custom changed made to tat18_tusken.dlg (modified k_pkas_randwalk.ncs)
- Fixed bug with spawning before the Sand People Chieftain to deliver the moisture vaporators even if the truce has been broken and the whole Enclave is hostile (modified k_ptat_tuskenhost.ncs)
- Enclave turrets now activate when they should (created k_cri_perctur.ncs; modified tat18_turret.utc and tat18_turret2.utc)

If I remember correctly, I did remove the duplicate heartbeat script from the .are file OnExit because it seemed it was an oversight but I don't recall any crashing of the game when leaving areas after removing the disguise (which I am sure I have tested doing to test hostile reaction/ambushes). I introduced a few tweaks of my own and that's why there is mention of custom scripts in the above notes.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Oh of course I wouldn't mind at all.

But I think JC has already fixed all that needed fixing on his side. I documented my own progress mostly to avoid confusion. I use the TSL Patcher just as installer so I have been working on the single files directly and they may contain unwanted code.

But if JC has some issues that he needs to address we can work on it together, surely.

Great to see you again, A Future Pilot, by the way!

Cheers!

Yeah, I've fixed everything I'd planned to, or at least every issue I encountered personally apart from that area transition bug. Anything you'd want to add to the Community Patch would be nice, but I've sorted everything we had reported so I'll move on to the rest of the to-do list in the meantime.

Hello!

6 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

Yeah, I've fixed everything I'd planned to, or at least every issue I encountered personally apart from that area transition bug. Anything you'd want to add to the Community Patch would be nice, but I've sorted everything we had reported so I'll move on to the rest of the to-do list in the meantime.

That's nice to hear.

I have just moved to Kashyyyk and there will be probably things to fix there as well because it seems that each time I play the game I noticed something new that needs intervention. :D 

That doesn't mean I end up being able to do anything about it though... We'll see.