Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR] Improved Jagi confrontation

Hello!

I have tweaked slightly this cutscene as well. As before, I uploaded a video showing the most relevant change, namely a different behavior of the two thugs after Jagi's suicide. In the original game what would happen is that they turn hostile and just stay there doing nothing until the party would get closer to engage them: quite unsatisfactory. In my tweaked version, the two thugs would just check on Jagi then leave for Anchorhead instead. Among the other things: I have used dialogue animations for Jagi and Canderous at appropriate time, fixed wrong facing, corrected a text bug ("you point" -> "your point"), added the "[Success]" which was missing in two lines following successful persuasion attempts and made the cutscene unskippable.

It would be nice to have Jagi undergo the ebmar's treatment and become a unique looking, legendary character, by the way!

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Salk said:

Hello!

I have tweaked slightly this cutscene as well. As before, I uploaded a video showing the most relevant change, namely a different behavior of the two thugs after Jagi's suicide. In the original game what would happen is that they turn hostile and just stay there doing nothing until the party would get closer to engage them: quite unsatisfactory. In my tweaked version, the two thugs would just check on Jagi then leave for Anchorhead instead. Among the other things: I have used dialogue animations for Jagi and Canderous at appropriate time, fixed wrong facing, corrected a text bug ("you point" -> "your point"), added the "[Success]" which was missing in two lines following successful persuasion attempts and made the cutscene unskippable.

It would be nice to have Jagi undergo the ebmar's treatment and become a unique looking, legendary character, by the way!

Cheers!

By any chance can you upload the video to Youtube? I can't quite seem to view it on Vimeo.

That's a very nice change with the Rodians!

I seem to remember a mod that made Jagi appear like a mandalorian, except in black armour. Don't remember which one it was, but it was pretty cool.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Just my 2c -

They are Rodians. VO is not a problem. Thus, for Dark Side/Grey players/Weirdos, you could add a dialogue node for them after the suicide and their checking on Jagi's corpse. PC would have option to let them go peacefully, provoke a fight, force choke, etc. Pretty simple stuff, adds some oopmh.

Hi!

Personally I think the changes I made are adequate and that there is no need to additional embellishment. I mostly wanted to avoid an inconsistency.

Cheers!