Salk

[KotOR] Improved Tanis Trapped Quest

Hello!

In my effort to bring some improvements to the original game I have thought of sharing a couple of videos that show a few changes/restorations/bugfixing of this particular quest in Tatooine. I couldn't obviously show every little thing but overall the most interesting parts are these:

1) The player approaching Tanis disguised as one of the Sand People now doesn't require that every human NPC is disguised as well. Furthermore, the protagonist changes to normal clothes (or robe, in case clothes are missing) after revealing that it is just a disguise

2) Tanis no longer runs the greeting script when panicking at the sight of the disguise (not visible in the video because Tanis doesn't recognize the Player as being a Sand People person)

3) Restored recorded line if the Player makes one droid explode

4) Restored recorded line (with droids animation) when 3 or 4 droids are successfully repaired

5) Fixed bug script that wouldn't make the droids leave with Tanis

6) Removed the awful default male Flirt animation and replaced with a more subtle one

This is the link to the original quest.

And this is the link to the revised version (the reason why T3-M4 is not interjecting is because he is a little too far). 

• Like 1

Sounds great, Salk!

Anyway, buddy-

4 hours ago, Salk said:

Why did I get this on my end after clicked on both the hyperlink?

Spoiler

VimeUhOh.PNG.1832af4f54920a08302e843947dabdda.PNG

Edit: Move along, I have got the access to both videos by accessing via profile. :cheers:

Edit2: Hahah! Both the Flirt FF and Tanis Trapped Improved were awesome! Anyway, with the intro animation of Tanis Trapped Improved; what do you think about using the angry animation instead? The one that the subject clenched and swinging their fist sort of. I'm just assuming that it'll fit better with Tanis' threatening line. 🤔

Nevertheless, fantastic work on the improvement- Salk!

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ebmar said:

Edit2: Hahah! Both the Flirt FF and Tanis Trapped Improved were awesome! Anyway, with the intro animation of Tanis Trapped Improved; what do you think about using the angry animation instead? The one that the subject clenched and swinging their fist sort of. I'm just assuming that it'll fit better with Tanis' threatening line. 🤔

I agree with you.

That animation is a better choice. I kept the animation chosen by the developers but the angry one (it is called TALK_FORCEFUL) seems to suit the line better. ;)

I will also have to make sure the Droids always clear the space correctly. As people could see in the video, one of the three is stuck in place. I think it depends on the action queue still being processing the moving closer command. 

Thanks for your feedback, mate!

• Like 1