Sign in to follow this  
FF97

That ugly texture outside of Telos academy hangar

Title says what this thread is all about. Is there any fix for the missing Telos academy Hangar skybox out there, or do I need to make one myself? 

imageproxy.php.jpg

There's no skybox as such, just a mesh slapped directly over the top of the forcefield mesh named "snowstuff" that uses the TEL_snw texture. If you wanted an actual skybox, you'd need to edit 262TELr to delete the existing snowstuff mesh and add a suitable skybox mesh (presumably 261TELd from the Polar Plateau module would be the one to go for).

Edit: How about this? I think it still fits with the pre-rendered departure video.

TSL_Telos_Polar_Academy_Skybox_01_TH.jpg      TSL_Telos_Polar_Academy_Skybox_02_TH.jpg

It's currently just pointing straight at the Polar Plateau textures, so any updates to that (is @Kexikus doing/already done that?) will be inherited. Although it would be easy enough to point it towards unique named copies.

Edit 2: Mod released 

I think the idea here was that snow is building up on the forcefield and is then falling down in the cutscene but it really looks ugly. 

I'll also change that for my skybox mod but that's still a while off. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kexikus said:

I think the idea here was that snow is building up on the forcefield and is then falling down in the cutscene

Ah yeah, I see that in the video now. I wondered at first what all that broken ice was meant to be.