zbyl2

M4-78EP 1.5 Released

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You just need to encode them as MP3s and add a fake WAV header like the vanilla files.

If you explain how @zbyl2 could add that fake head, that would be extremely helpful.

They work as MP3s, you don't need a fake WAV header.

Dunno why some, listed in this thread, apparently crashed the game for people

6 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

They work as MP3s, you don't need a fake WAV header.

Dunno why some, listed in this thread, apparently crashed the game for people

It crashes the game for me, I removed the references from the dialog file and made some alterations to M4-78 recently, I also tried the files posted by Sith Holocron either on this or another topic and they didn't work for me either ( didnt crash but no sound )

Great job overall to everyone involved in M4-78, it's quite enjoyable once you get past its shortcomings and I think it should be considered a staple mod for most users, the main issues I had were the level that was split into three different pieces really awkwardly, I combined them into one for my main project and then released the fixes as a standalone, I might also alter it so that it is not a requirement to finish M4-78 to complete the game.

@Zhaboka, @Drazgar, @MMMUTU: You reported back that your test of my files were successful for which I am grateful.  Just curious to know if you were or weren't using the Aspyr version of KotOR2 for your testing.  I hope I'll hear from you all soon.

As requests on the header issue for MP3 (namely how to add them) has gone unanswered in this thread, I've decided to inquire elsewhere about how to accomplish this task.  Hopefully, I'll hear something to report soon. If someone else wants to add the headers to the MP3 files, have at it.  (In either case, I'll still hope for a tutorial on adding WAV headers to MP3s that even I could follow.)

10 hours ago, Thor110 said:

I also tried the files posted by Sith Holocron either on this or another topic and they didn't work for me either ( didnt crash but no sound )

@Thor110: Were you also using the Aspyr updated version of M4-78 on Steam?

5 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

As requests on the header issue for MP3 (namely how to add them) has gone unanswered in this thread, I've decided to inquire elsewhere about how to accomplish this task.  Hopefully, I'll hear something to report soon. If someone else wants to add the headers to the MP3 files, have at it.  (In either case, I'll still hope for a tutorial on adding WAV headers to MP3s that even I could follow.)

You make an MP3, rename it, remove mp3 extension and type in WAV. That's what vanilla VOs do, more or less. But it's not required. Regular MP3s work just fine - the game crashing ones must have been encoded weirdly. FYI they've been updated in an installer I uploaded yesterday

• Like 1

@Zhaboka, @Drazgar, @MMMUTU: You reported back that your test of my files were successful for which I am grateful.  Just curious to know if you were or weren't using the Aspyr version of KotOR2 for your testing.  I hope I'll hear from you all soon.

At least two guys retested it with those files on Aspyr edition and there was no crashing, BUT they said those droids became "mute", as if you got that fastforward sound glitch that happens if you play too long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

@Thor110: Were you also using the Aspyr updated version of M4-78 on Steam?

No I am using the original 4CD version along with TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M478EP 1.5.1.

• Thanks 1

Hey @zbyl2! You've updated the M4-78 EP like 5 times in the last few days. Not seeing much different in the text between those 5 iterations so what's new in "other stuff"?  :)

9 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Hey @zbyl2! You've updated the M4-78 EP like 5 times in the last few days. Not seeing much different in the text between those 5 iterations so what's new in "other stuff"?  :)

You wouldn't even want to know, sir...

6 hours ago, Drazgar said:

You wouldn't even want to know, sir...

He says to the guy making a documentary on M4-78 EP. 

Yeah, I do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

He says to the guy making a documentary on M4-78 EP. 

Yeah, I do.

We were updating both RCM and M4 russian localisation, because my testing team has failed it miserably so there was a bunch of gamebreaking bugs in 003EBO (which is different for both mods), so we had to act kinda recklessly (my apologies, if anything). It's pretty much stable now.

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2020 at 12:00 AM, Sith Holocron said:

It's a Russian translation, no content changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

I have a bug with the quest Fix droids: in the industrial zone there is no container with a details, as well as there are no droids and a mountain of containers, there are only 4 of them

8 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

So what's specifically new about the version you uploaded 14 minutes ago?

Russian translation update.(for rcm too)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

So what's specifically new about the version you uploaded 14 minutes ago?

We also made a tiny glorious appearance on Steam.

( :

• Like 1

So 1.3 is gone?

Not sure about that tbh. If HH actually put 1.5 in the package, then probably yes.

4 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

No, english steam version hasn't changed.

Thanks, @zbyl2. Perhaps you could suggest to HH that he include EP's version number in the mod description on Steam. I'd tell him myself but obviously my questions have fallen on dead ears lately. 

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Thanks, @zbyl2. Perhaps you could suggest to HH that he include EP's version number in the mod description on Steam. I'd tell him myself but obviously my questions have fallen on dead ears lately. 

You can see him online on Discord pretty often (at least that's how I contacted him all this time).

He is off right now, but I told him about versions.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Sith Holocron said:

It's already on there apparently.  I didn't look for it on the Change Notes tab but there it is - clear as day.

V7inVmX.png

Edited by Sith Holocron
"Change Notes tab" not "Change Notes page". Adjusted accordingly.