JustABitAgroed

Changing NPC Alignment for a Specific Area

Hey guys, I'm trying to fix Fenharel's Corrupted Bastila mod, but I'm having trouble with the final confrontation with Bastila aboard the Star Forge (Light Side). From what I can tell (worked for the Leviathan Interrogation at least) I just need her utc file for the area so that I can change Bastila's alignment to dark side, and that should make her "Corrupted Head" appear. But I don't know how to rip the file from the base game, nor even the name of the file I would be looking for, how to find that out, or if I just need to create one from scratch. Any help would be very much appreciated. This is the last thing I need to fix to perfect my build.

Hello!

It should be easy enough via script using:

void AdjustAlignment(object oSubject, int nAlignment, int nShift);

At the moment I cannot check what file should be used on but perhaps someone can chime in.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

It was way easier than I was making it. Just ripped the utc from the module with KotOR Tool, changed the stats and boom. Glad it wasn't something more complicated. Even though I didn't end up using your method I really appreciate the help, Salk. Thanks.

• Like 1

That's probably not going to work with Bastila, though, because BioWare used the file name in several instances throughout the game and putting one in Override will change all of them. To get it to work without doing that, you'd have to set up TSLPatcher to change the alignment and insert the edited UTC into a MOD file.

• Light Side Points 1

2 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

That's probably not going to work with Bastila, though, because BioWare used the file name in several instances throughout the game and putting one in Override will change all of them. To get it to work without doing that, you'd have to set up TSLPatcher to change the alignment and insert the edited UTC into a MOD file.

I was concerned about that. But I think if I can just use the sta file then it should be alright, yeah?

16 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

I think I remember that being one of the problematic ones, but the only way to be sure would be to do a search in KOTOR Tool.

There does seem to be a file of the same name, but with a different number. Once I've search for something, is there any way to find where it is in the game specifically? I assume I couldn't just sort everything by that reference number, could I?

Just now, JCarter426 said:

I'm not sure, might be easier to just look in each Star Forge module since there are only four of them and you know it's not going to be anywhere else.

Yep. They're both in Star Forge areas. I plan to do another 2 playthroughs just to make sure everything's finalized anyway, but I think that should be good. Thanks so much, JC. I'm (very) slowly getting the hang of this. XD

• Like 1