JCarter426

MOD:JC's Fashion Line I: Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1

That issue doesn't sound like something caused by my mod - it only changes the models, not the items, so the robes will either work or or they won't. It sounds more like an issue with either your baseitems.2da file or the robe .uti files, so I would suggest investigating any mods you may be using that edit those.

1 hour ago, JCarter426 said:

t sounds more like an issue with either your baseitems.2da file or the robe .uti files

Thank you very much for the response. So, there are no robe uti files in my override folder, just your models and graphic files. The only change I see in the baseitems.2da file is the addition of one line (at the end) for the Segan Wyndh Jedi Armor. I'll look at it again, though. 

This has been frustrating,so if you can think of any other suggestions, please let me know. 

Another strange thing, in case it helps to figure this out.  According to baseitems.2da, the Jedi robe, Jedi Knight robe and Jedi Master robes all require "Jedi defense" to be equipable.  If I spawn in all three robes in game to test them, only the Jedi robe has such a requirement.  The knight and master robes don't have hat requirement. 

Again, I have NO .uti files in my override folder for robes and the baseitems.2da file in my override folder has the same requirement for all three robes.

6 hours ago, He11blade said:

Another strange thing, in case it helps to figure this out.  According to baseitems.2da, the Jedi robe, Jedi Knight robe and Jedi Master robes all require "Jedi defense" to be equipable.  If I spawn in all three robes in game to test them, only the Jedi robe has such a requirement.  The knight and master robes don't have hat requirement. 

Again, I have NO .uti files in my override folder for robes and the baseitems.2da file in my override folder has the same requirement for all three robes.

Which mod did you install first? On the top of my head, Segan Wyndh Jedi Armor has no Patch meaning if you installed that on top of JC's Cloaked Robes all I have to say is "there's your problems".

Actually, I installed yours last.  I think I'm making progress, though.  I don't know why I kept getting robes that didn't match those in baseitems.2da.  It may be possible to corrupt a save with old items.  I've been going through my last save with KSE and removing all the robes I've found so far, then adding new robes with the console and that seems to be working.  Again, not sure why but at this point, I don't care, so long as it works!

JCarter426,

my wife and I tried to give a more unique look to Qel-Droma's robe (which currently uses a common texture). I think the result is pretty good so if you want to include it in one future version of  your modification, please let me know.

Cheers!

Yes, all we have done is change a bit the two main colors and add the Qel-Droma House symbol at the collar of the robe.

Again, if you want to take a look at the result, you need but to ask.

Cheers! :cheers:

@JCarter426 and @Salk

Actually, based on the description of the robe, it once belonged to Cay Qel-Droma. The robe being described as the red cloak he kept around his his neck and over his Jedi robes. To my understanding, the item worn is simply that red cloak, rather than a full set of robes. So in terms of lore, simply turning the cloak red is all that's really necessary, unless you can re-shape it to better resemble the one depicted below. So there isn't a whole lot to work with, unless you take the coloration and apply it to the rendition of the cloak depicted in the second image I've attached. 

Alternatively, you could always apply a red cloak to the Star Forge robes. I always envisioned Revan wearing it over those robe anyhow, but that's more of a hassle than simply making a red cloak.

Qel-Droma.jpg

Duronrobes.jpg

• Like 2

Got a screenshot Salk? I'm at work so I can't see for myself what yours looks like.

Interesting. This is how they appear in the "Shadows and Light" comic:

Spoiler

FFiVHTs.png

I don't believe they are meant to be the robes Ulic wore. Like I said, they look like KOTOR robes. Maybe with a more pronounced yellow, and the pants look black, but it's clear the game model was used as a reference. My mod makes all KOTOR robes look like not KOTOR robes, so I don't know what to do for his robes at the moment. I could maybe come up with a texture for the K2 model that looks closer to the K1 design, something like the padawan robes from Force Fashion, but I'm not sure.

Actually, the Wookiepedia page describes that the robes were originally created for Cay and that he was wearing them when Ulic killed him before being passed on to Duron. And, as previously stated, I'm near 100% sure the robe refers exclusively to the cloak, not the actual tunic.

JC,

I was wondering if it may be possible to restore the original look for the Dantooine Jedi Masters Zhar, Vrook and Dorak while using this modification. I am asking because I prefer for them to keep their distinctive look and also for consistency with the revelation video.

Thanks!

It's possible, although it's not so straightforward with the current setup. The masters use the same robe model as the player, so currently the mod simply overwrites that model. They would have to be made to use an unedited copy of the original robe model. I'll keep it in mind for a future update.

• Like 1

Hello and thanks  for the reply.

I have one more thing I'd like to ask you about this modification.  Rows 200 to 227 in the appearance.2da file use "N_JediCountF" and "N_JediCountM" for the Jedi Robe and this means that every NPC actually being set to use one of the standard Jedi appearances do not wear your new robe.

I am having half a mind of swapping the original entries with the PFBIM/PFBI and PMBIM/PMBI to rectify that. Do you see a problem with my doing that?

Cheers! 

I installed this mod a few days ago for a new playthrough.  I found an issue where the faces of some NPCs were moved to their butts.  From what I can tell during installation, I have no mods that interfere with this one. 

Mods I use are:

Kainzorius' NPC Overhaul,

K1R,

K1 Community patch,

The Comprehensive KOTOR Bug Fix Collection,

High Quality Skyboxes II,

Dantooine Revisterd,

Ebon Hawk Revisited,

Endar Spire Retexture 2.0,

Kashyyk Revisited,

Korriban Revisited,

Taris High Resolution Overhaul including Sith Base,

Tatooine Revisted,

Unknown World Revisited,

Yavin Station High Resolution Final,

Remastered High Resolution Armors,

Scoundrel Armor Repalcer,

Refvans Cape Fix 1.1,

RedHawke Booster Pack 1a, 1c, 2a, Sith Artifacts

Redhawke's Jedi mods for Canderous, Carth and Mission, including Mission's Jedi Boosterstd2,

KOTOR Robes Stat Boost.

FENS for Bastilla, Carth, Canderous, Jolee, Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar and Fem player,

High Quality Blasters,

HK47 High Resolution FInal,

Astro Droids Pack HD Final,

Bastilla's Revelation Robes,

Better Wookie Warblade,

Cassus Fett's Armor,

Custom Starting Equipment,

Czerka on Korriban,

EZ Swoop Racing,

JC's Blaster Visual Effects for K1,

Jc's Fashion Line 1(this mod),

JC's Jedi Tailor for k1,

JC's Romance Enhancement,

JC's Vision Enhancement,

Juhani Dialogue Restoration,

Uniws widescreen mod with Kotor Hi Res Menus,

No Increased Force Cost,

Remove Force recstiction to Force Powers,

K1s Revans Hoodless Maskless flowing Robes,

Redhawke's Enhanced Sabers,

Sandpeople Disguise Drop Fix,

And finally, Zaalbar's Items

This mod only alters the player robes and doesn't affect the appearance of any NPCs except a few Jedi who wear the same robes. It sounds like you installed one of the other mods you are using incorrectly.