ebmar

MOD:[K1] Three-tiered Dark Jedi Robe

[K1] Three-tiered Dark Jedi Robe

TTDJR_Font_Resized.png.5ffa73c5832826e76a46bd0261e64a10.png

This mod "restores" three-tier appearances of Dark Jedi robe as seen on their icons.

# Background #

We do notice that there are 3 different icons of Dark Jedi robes which came along with each of their own tier. But when we equipped the DJKnight or DJMaster robe, their appearance pointed to that only robe which is the basic DJ robe. This mod tried to "restores" the robes which was shown with the icons.

# About this Mod #

Inside this mod are some replacements for Dark Jedi robes both for the male and female version:

• Vanilla Dark Jedi robe with additional specularity [g_a_jedirobe02] / PMBI02 - PFBI02
  • Blue Dark Jedi robe replacement [g_a_jedirobe05] / PMBI11 - PFBI11
  • Dark Jedi Knight robe [g_a_kghtrobe02] / PMBI12 - PFBI12
  • Blue Dark Jedi Knight robe replacement [g_a_kghtrobe05] / PMBI13 - PFBI13
  • Dark Jedi Master robe [g_a_mstrrobe02] / PMBI14 - PFBI14
  • Blue Dark Jedi Master replacement [g_a_mstrrobe05] / PMBI15 - PFBI15
  • All the robe icons necessary
  • Vanilla models to have them textures working properly
  • An Extras: Vanilla texture with enhanced specularity Darth Revan's robe / PMBJ01 - N_DarthRevan01
  • Uninstall option

# Final Remarks #

I am using Darth Tomer's "Dark Robe" as the base layer for the 11 and 13 variant, and also SpaceAlex's "Modder's Resource: SpaceAlex's Unfinished K1 Enhancement Pack - PMBI05 and PFBI05" as the base layer to work on to for the 14 and 15 variant. Credits to them both as the respective owners of the amazing textures to work on to.

Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and any feedbacks for the next update are very much appreciated- just PM me or write a public message on my feed. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: I suggest you to manually removes PMBI02 TGA/TPC, PFBI02 TGA/DDS, and ia_jedirobe_002 TGA/DDS from the 'Override' folder; if there's any. If you were running a clean install playthrough or without any texture replacement mods, you could just run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe].

Uninstallation: Run the 'Uninstall' option from the installation directory.

Compatibility: Will not compatible with mods that replaces or changing the 'Texture Variation' inside of these UTIs:

• g_a_jedirobe02
  • g_a_jedirobe05
  • g_a_kghtrobe02
  • g_a_kghtrobe05
  • g_a_mstrrobe02
  • g_a_mstrrobe05

Also not compatible with mods that replaces the model of the Jedi robes [pfbil, pfbim, pfbis, pmbil, pmbim, pmbis - MDL/MDX], for example; Marius Fett's "Male Jedi Robe Replacement".

If you want this mod to be working, install it after the said mod has or after any potentially conflicted mods.

Redistribution: You can redistribute this mod or re-release it on any website; you don't have to ask for permission, but I do appreciate all the kind intention. Also, if you are planning to use the assets from this mod to a mod you will be developing, make sure to give credits to Darth Tomer, SpaceAlex, BioWare & LucasArts, as inside this mod are their base assets. Nevertheless, credits to me is always a welcome, welcome. :cheers:

Credits:

• DarthParametric for the past-present knowledge which allows me to create any customs for the game
  • Darth Tomer for the "Dark Robe"
  • SpaceAlex for the "Modder's Resource: SpaceAlex's Unfinished K1 Enhancement Pack"
  • N-DReW25 for the "Dark Jedi Robes Icon Fix" which motivates me to work its contrast; for without his mod I will not start doing this project
  • Salk, Sith Holocron, and JustABitAgroed for some insights which I believe has lead me to start on doing the project
  • Dark Hope, Quanon, VarsityPuppet, and redrob41 for being inspirational
  • Fred Tetra for the 'amazing' KotOR Tool
  • ndix UR for the tga2tpc
  • Darth Sapiens and Paul Ste. Marie for the Bioware's DDS Compression Kit
  • stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup
  • All streamers on DeadlyStream which indirectly involved on this project that I couldn't possibly mentioned one by one
  • All modders either active or inactive
  • DeadlyStream for a place to hangout and to discuss

-eb

:cheers:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/13/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ebmar said:

• N-DReW25 for the "Dark Jedi Robes Icon Fix" which motivates me to work its contrast; for without his mod I will not start doing this project

I was honestly shocked when I saw this mod with the title "K1 Three Tiered Dark Jedi Robe" because I've already made just that back in 2016 and early 2017. 

Though I was relieved to see you did your own thing with your mod and didn't just make a total remaster of my mod.

• Like 1

It's always good to have choices!

ebmar,

if you have time and inclination, could you provide a few screenshots with the usual "BEFORE" and "AFTER"? ;)

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I was honestly shocked when I saw this mod with the title "K1 Three Tiered Dark Jedi Robe" because I've already made just that back in 2016 and early 2017.

Spoiler

Though I was relieved to see you did your own thing with your mod and didn't just make a total remaster of my mod.

Ah-ha! Now I remember installing your mod back at April/May this year, about the very first time I did my KotOR playthrough and went straight having a heavily modded ones. But later I've been doing light-modded PT and a vanilla build-up; so sorry that I kind of forget its existence. Thanks for the heads up! And maybe, if only I realize it sooner I should've not go attempting this mod then. 😂

6 hours ago, Salk said:

if you have time and inclination, could you provide a few screenshots with the usual "BEFORE" and "AFTER"? ;)

Cheers!

Sure thing! Could be later along with an additional feature that I would like to add to the mod. And thanks for the feedback! :cheers:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello ebmar!

Hello, Salk! :cheers:

....if you could consider including a version compatible with the essential JC's Fashion Line I: Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1 since I would really like to use them both together.

Hahah yeah I have figured it out since JCarter426 provides the mod resource, at some point I could start working on a compatibility because there's no chance for both of these mods to have them paired at its current state [they both share the uses of the same model which is PFBIx - PMBIx]. The most realistic way is for the original Jedi robe [K1] to adapt to the new cloaked model [TSL] and not the other way around. Actually I'm not sure if that is going to end-well when both robes are combined/blended since they are so different in their basis but- we'll see. 😁

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Hello, Salk! :cheers:

Hahah yeah I have figured it out since JCarter426 provides the mod resource, at some point I could start working on a compatibility because there's no chance for both of these mods to have them paired at its current state. The most realistic way is for the original Jedi robe model [K1] to adapt to the new cloaked model [TSL] and not the other way around. Actually I'm not sure if that is going to end-well when both robes are combined/blended since they are so different in their basis but- we'll see. 😁

Hello again! :cheers:

Yes, I understand about the difficulty to make them work together. I would really welcome the variation between the Jedi and the Dark Jedi clothes though. I think it'd be an ideal representation so I am hoping that something could be done about it since I'd really hate to leave one of the two mods out. It'd be a real shame, especially considering how well both turned out to be! ;)

Cheers!

• Like 1

I thought about doing different textures for the robe tiers, but I'm not going to for the time being anyway. I'll still be busy with making models for a while, so I'll leave the texturing to everyone else for now.

26 minutes ago, ebmar said:

The most realistic way is for the original Jedi robe [K1] to adapt to the new cloaked model [TSL] and not the other way around.

Force Fashion had a few textures in the K1 style on K2 robes:

Spoiler

92791_8.jpg

92791_2.jpg

That was with a slightly different model, but it probably could be done again. However, I have plans to do a hybrid K1/K2 model that retains the original texture mapping for a future update - essentially, the K1 model with a K2 cloak. My end goal is to have a few install options so you can choose which robe model you want for the player.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

Force Fashion had a few textures in the K1 style on K2 robes:

Reveal hidden contents

92791_8.jpg

92791_2.jpg

Nice! Could use this as a reference; more or less these results are what have comes in my mind regarding the blending attempt. Thanks for the information!

However, I have plans to do a hybrid K1/K2 model that retains the original texture mapping for a future update - essentially, the K1 model with a K2 cloak.

Ah-ha! I remember you have that posted on your updates while ago, and I thought that was it which was released. 😁

I am looking very forwards for the hybrid version to came out too [and its resource in particular]! :cheers:

Nah, the released one is the standard K2 Jedi robe. I had finished the model fixes for those even before that, but it took me this long to get around to finishing the textures for K1. I had sort of put it off while I was busy debugging all the animation problems with the supermodel. So the one I released now is just a standard K2 robe with some patchwork.

The hybrid model, on the other hand, is a new one, merged from both games' PFBIM/PMBIM models. It's essentially the K1 body (legs, torso) with the K2 cloak over it (cape, sleeves) and with the hands replaced for the option to remove gloves. It uses a double-wide texture, with a K1 texture on one side and a K2 texture on the other. The male model is done, but I still have to repeat the entire process for the female model. That's next on the list, but I'm working on some other robe ideas in the interim.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 2

47 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

So the one I released now is just a standard K2 robe with some patchwork.

Still, an awesome attempt though! :cheers:

And many thanks; for having it shared with us in the end. :respect:

The hybrid model, on the other hand, is a new one, merged from both games' PFBIM/PMBIM models.

Cool, I have seen the result and it was sleek. 😁

Dang, I'm still thinking how to get around the model restriction I mean; is there one type of model that is not used in the game, which it can be replaced by a new type of model? For example- we can replace it with the cloaked model so the original model is not replaced and then we can have this sort of variation between cloak and the uncloak. Even when going with the extreme way which is using the disguise feature, it wouldn't be a success because we had no option with the Base Item value inside its UTI. 🤔

Update: It's not too difficult for the NPCs, as seen in the screenshot:

Spoiler

Robe_Variation.png.aee7a66e09dc55dd72725de293560700.png

-as they can use custom model assigned to their 2DA, but I'm thinking about the player or maybe some variation with custom items like at some points we can acquire a custom robe which its base using the cloaked model, while the player is using the original model.

Edited by ebmar
Updated screenshot to have it properly shown the intended variation
  • Like 1

Hello ebmar! ;)

34 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Update: It's not too difficult for the NPCs, as seen in the screenshot:

Hide contents

Robe_Variation.png.aee7a66e09dc55dd72725de293560700.png

-as they can use custom model assigned to their 2DA, but I'm thinking about the player or maybe some variation with custom items like at some points we can acquire a custom robe which its base using the cloaked model, while the player is using the original model.

am I understanding right and you are saying that the NPCs could easily use a different model thus different Jedi robes? 

If that is the case, shouldn't it be very easy to make your own modification and JC's compatible insofar all the non party/non player NPCs could use the new Dark Jedi robes included in your modification?

Cheers!

26 minutes ago, Salk said:

If that is the case, shouldn't it be very easy to make your own modification and JC's compatible insofar all the non party/non player NPCs could use the new Dark Jedi robes included in your modification?

With the "Legends" series; yes. I could have make Belaya use a cloaked Jedi robe now thanks to JCarter426 wonderful resource, but with the Three-tiered Dark Jedi Robe it seems not possible at least I transferred the texture to the new map which compliment the cloaked model.

Edit: If what you mean by "use the new Dark Jedi robes included in your modification" is using the original Dark Jedi robe to those NPCs in Dreshdae's I think that could be just possible. 🤔

The new cloaked model opens-up tons of exciting possibilities, really- particularly with the variation of NPCs. The only obstacle would be if modders decided to put it to gameplay aspects for example; making Nemo dropped his cloaked robe inside the ruins while the playthrough running the vanilla model installation, that wouldn't be possible. Again, it's an obstacle; not a minus point. Everything that this new cloaked model does is amazing. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

In K1, there are only 9 body slots for the player:

A - Underwear
B - Clothing
C - Light Armor (Class 4)
D - Light Armor (Class 5)
E - Medium Armor (Class 6)
F - Medium Armor (Class 7)
G - Heavy Armor (Class 8)
H - Heavy Armor (Class 9)
I - Jedi Robes
J - Revan Armor

The only practical way to add more Jedi robes for the player would be to replace one of those.

If it's just NPCs you want, though, there are three existing Jedi robe variants already.

Player robes (PFBI/PMBI)

Spoiler

5402906-6416650245-Danto.jpg

and these two NPC outfits (N_JediMemF/N_JediMemM & N_JediCounF/JediCounM)

Spoiler

K1_Alternative_Jedi_Robes.jpg

I'm planning to have an option to replace those as well, once all the models for them are done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

In K1, there are only 9 body slots for the player:

Spoiler

A - Underwear
B - Clothing
C - Light Armor (Class 4)
D - Light Armor (Class 5)
E - Medium Armor (Class 6)
F - Medium Armor (Class 7)
G - Heavy Armor (Class 8)
H - Heavy Armor (Class 9)
I - Jedi Robes
J - Revan Armor

The only practical way to add more Jedi robes for the player would be to replace one of those.

Hahahah yeah I've been thinking of removing the Class 4 slots lol. But nah, there are too much cool stuffs there. 😁

and these two NPC outfits (N_JediMemF / N_JediMemM & N_JediCounF/JediCounM)

Spoiler

K1_Alternative_Jedi_Robes.jpg

I'm planning to have an option to replace those as well, once all the models for them are done.

So the council will use different cloak model then? Cool! :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

I've been using for a long time The Jedi Robe Reskins Council Style (revisited) by Darth Jaden (released many years ago now) and I think she did a very good job with it so I would like to salvage some of her work even in the name of diversity, which is a great way to make the KotOR world more believable and charming.

In this sense, SpaceAlex had the right idea: we need variation (good quality, of course) to breathe new life into the game. Customization is also very desirable because different players may like different styles.

Thanks to you two both for your great job on making this vision become reality with your own work!

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

By duplicating the appearance lines DP found an alternative way to have different robes I believe in this mod: 

But yeah SpaceAlex replaced one of the vanilla armour classes to get his Jedi Master Robes implemented. Sucks there's only really PMBJ / PMBI to use in K1. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, djh269 said:

an alternative way to have different robes

It's not really an alternative way, it's still just a disguise. The only difference vs the typical use of a disguise is that each instance is unique, as it references a player/companion head. That makes it both a pain in the ass to implement, and incompatible with any custom head mod.

• Like 1

Yeah it did look very complicated to setup not going to lie. It was an intense changes.ini file haha.

17 minutes ago, djh269 said:

By duplicating the appearance lines DP found an alternative way to have different robes I believe in this mod:

Spoiler

Yup, DP already pointed to me this method before. But I believe this method wouldn't be practical point to the fact the differences between the original robe model with the cloaked robe model is huge. And between the Revan's hoodless and the hooded version, inside their UTI they can be easily share the same Base Item which is (Revan_Armor). Same thing couldn't be implemented with cloaked model vs original robe model.

Edit: My bad, inside the Hoodless UTI it is using "Plot Useable Items", which its existence is out of my knowledge. 🙏

That makes it both a pain in the ass to implement....

It was an intense changes.ini file....

Damn right. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

7 minutes ago, ebmar said:

My bad, inside the Hoodless UTI it is using "Plot Useable Items", which its existence is out of my knowledge. 🙏

You just don't have the correct baseitems.2da row that the mod adds for the female robes. What @djh269 suggested is perfectly possible, it's just laborious to set up.

• Like 1

It's lucky the appearance.2da file isn't as restrictive as certain other 2da files

Yes I'm talking about you upgrade + placeables.2da!

18 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You just don't have the correct baseitems.2da row that the mod adds for the female robes.

Ah yes, I just checked the setup inside its change.ini and it appears the UTI to be assigned to a new baseitems.2da row [DP_Revan_Robes_F], what I have looked before is the default UTI which unpatched.

Thanks for the heads-up! :cheers:

11 minutes ago, djh269 said:

It's lucky the appearance.2da file isn't as restrictive as certain other 2da files

This game is doomed if their being restrictive to its appearance.2da lol.

Edited by ebmar