Sign in to follow this  
JDub96

End Cutscene

I recently remembered that, during the ending celebration scene, if you wear the Star Forge/Darth Revan robes, the cutscene shows the player in basic brown robes. I was wondering if it would be possible to mod this scene to recognize both the Star Forge and Darth Revan robes so that it remains consistent.

• Like 2
  • Light Side Points 1

It seems to me that it can be done.  It is only necessary to find files with the appropriate format and make changes, enter the "thing" (change the mantle of the Jedi to the mantle of the star forge).  Another question: will the medal of glory be displayed on clothes, too, it seems to me here that I can solve the problem.

The J body model lacks the medal hook, so no, it won't show the medal. Not unless someone adds the hook to the model.

There is a script that causes you to equip a robe, k_donrobe:

void main() {
	object object1 = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_jedirobe01", GetFirstPC(), 1);
	ActionUnequipItem(GetItemInSlot(1, OBJECT_SELF), 0);
	ActionEquipItem(object1, 1, 1);
}

However, you don't swap your equipped gear when you just warp into the module. It doesn't appear that the script is called either in the module's OnEnter or via the only DLG, nor is it referenced in any of the module's other scripts, so I'm not sure what fires it. That aside, it would be easy enough to alter the script to have it do nothing, or perhaps add a conditional to skip doing anything if the Starforge Robes are equipped (I think you can do that, but someone more knowledgeable about scripts would need to chime in).

Hm. It would be nice if someone added the hook, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. If I knew jack about this sort of thing, I'd just do it myself.

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

That aside, it would be easy enough to alter the script to have it do nothing, or perhaps add a conditional to skip doing anything if the Starforge Robes are equipped (I think you can do that, but someone more knowledgeable about scripts would need to chime in).

The Revan armor isn't defined in nwscript.nss but assuming the game checks baseitems.2da for the item type, this should work:

void main() {

object oOutfit = GetItemInSlot(1, OBJECT_SELF);

if( GetBaseItemType(oOutfit) != 89 ) {
        object oRobes = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_jedirobe01", GetFirstPC(), 1);
	ActionUnequipItem(oOutfit, 0);
	ActionEquipItem(oRobes, 1, 1);
    }

}

Yeah, if it doesn't work then plan B:

void main() {

object oOutfit = GetItemInSlot(1, OBJECT_SELF);

if( GetTag(oOutfit) != "g_a_mstrrobe06" &&
    GetTag(oOutfit) != "g_a_mstrrobe07" ) {
        object oRobes = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_jedirobe01", GetFirstPC(), 1);
	ActionUnequipItem(oOutfit, 0);
	ActionEquipItem(oRobes, 1, 1);
    }

}

Excluded the dark armor variant too for good measure.

@JDub96: Here, try this: https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/[K1]_Revan_Star_Forge_Robes_with_Medal_Hook.7z

Although I'm not sure what the alignment will be like. I suspect it will probably need adjustment.

You'll also need to use it combination with @JCarter426's script:  JCs_Award_Don_Robe_Scripts_Compiled.7z

• Thanks 1

Doesn't look like there are different versions. When I loaded it up, the robe's hood started glitching out.

EDIT: Figured it out. I'll let you know what happens.

Okay. So it doesn't work. It causes the hood to flicker and seem distorted, and doesn't affect the cutscene.

The hood issue is probably caused by KOTORMax. It seems to screw up Flex/danglymeshes. I'll see if I can fix it by transplanting data from the vanilla ASCIIs.

Edit: Or maybe it is a MDLEdit issue. Also doing it from ASCIIs decompiled from the vanilla models. Investigating alternative solutions....

Edit 2: OK so even the vanilla model has the hood "dancing", which you'll see if you delete the modified models from the Override folder. But for some reason MDLEdit is causing it to go haywire. The versions compiled by MDLOps operate in the same manner as the vanilla models. I think the best solution is probably just to turn the hood into a static trimesh.

Edit 3: The hook itself works as intended in my test, with the medal attaching properly:

K1_Revan_Starforge_Robes_Medal_Hook.jpg

I've updated the models, redownload from the link above. Choose the files from the static folder if you don't want any hood movement at all.

• Like 1

WORKED LIKE A CHARM! You're a saint DP. Just one mod away from my perfect playthrough now.

EDIT: Hey @DarthParametric? You remember your old bearded mullet man mod? I had a question. Whenever I use it, the eyes seem to go hollow and I can see the background through them. I was wondering if you've experienced this or know what might cause it?

Shouldn't be anything to do with the textures, assuming they are unedited. The alpha channels should be white, so any transparency shouldn't be due to my textures. Check if there are any TXI files, PMHC04.txi, etc. Or it could be an edited model from another mod, possibly.

They're all .tga files. I had no other mods installed when I tested it just now.

Everything is normal. It's only when I have the mod installed that they sclera vanishes. As an addendum, the phenomenon is only observable in open spaces. Close up, like in the Ebon Hawk, it cannot be observed.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, DarthParametric said:

The hood issue is probably caused by KOTORMax. It seems to screw up Flex/danglymeshes. I'll see if I can fix it by transplanting data from the vanilla ASCIIs.

Edit: Or maybe it is a MDLEdit issue. Also doing it from ASCIIs decompiled from the vanilla models. Investigating alternative solutions....

Edit 2: OK so even the vanilla model has the hood "dancing", which you'll see if you delete the modified models from the Override folder. But for some reason MDLEdit is causing it to go haywire. The versions compiled by MDLOps operate in the same manner as the vanilla models. I think the best solution is probably just to turn the hood into a static trimesh.

Edit 3: The hook itself works as intended in my test, with the medal attaching properly:

K1_Revan_Starforge_Robes_Medal_Hook.jpg

I've updated the models, redownload from the link above. Choose the files from the static folder if you don't want any hood movement at all.

DarthParametric,

will you implement this into your HQ remake of the Endgame cutscene?

It'd be a nice addition.

That's kind of a bust, at least for the LS cutscene. Certainly as far as replacing the sprites goes anyway. The engine just cannot handle that many actual model entities with animations. The best that might happen is replacing the random trio in the background with actual council members. Maybe someone like @Kexikus could consider tarting up the skybox.