Jorak Uln

Kotor 2 Movie Style Overhaul

36 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

That's pretty close to what I had in mind!  

I hope this next note isn't too fussy but aren't the "r" and "Ke" in Czerka" a little close together?  (I'm not even sure what the second line refers to so I'll just concentrate on the letter spacing in the first line.)

Ah, overlooked that. 

Btw, the second line is in Galactic Basic means "Group" 

Absolutely breathtaking.

The scope has me worried though, so many "Complete Overhauls" Have come and gone incomplete.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, Jorak Uln said:

...what do you guys think about this Telos version comparing int to the first one?

Telos V1:

Spoiler

1363750086_telosV1.thumb.jpg.0df8a0c061f0926e7d1e13e6105562dc.jpg

Telos V2:

Spoiler

K2_00004_1.thumb.jpg.c1edf963b80ce1a0be8067670a6d206b.jpg

They all looked amazing! :cheers:

Well, Telos-wise; if I have to choose I'd choose V1 over V2 because I like the transition between the flooring with the sideways better. I also in favor for tone of the walls. Those subtle details on them were also playing an important part with the decision.

1 hour ago, ebmar said:

They all looked amazing! :cheers:

Well, Telos-wise; if I have to choose I'd choose V1 over V2 because I like the transition between the flooring with the sideways better. I also in favor for tone of the walls. Those subtle details on them were also playing an important part with the decision.

If you look at todays/modern games, they have a lot of  variety in their textures + a ton of clutter to create a lively scenery. Often there are so many details that your eyes cant keep up, but they always seem to use different color schemes - you never will see a scenery just in grey like the vanilla Citadel.

In V2 i tried to emulate that at least a bit, and while i agree that V1 looks more conform colorwise, i feel that V2 makes things a bit more lively.

(keep in mind that V2 walls are reflecting, while V1 walls are not..)

However, when, lets say, switching back from Deus Ex MD to K2, it still looks way to dull - i tried my best to get more details to them, but probably we would need to place some clutter here and there for a adequate effect.

• Like 1

Planning to put in "iced" textures to the  Telos academy - and, yes, they are reflecting when moving ingame:

TEL_ja20.thumb.jpg.e4ee54f8ff3c81e03b74cb04bf8451b6.jpg

some experiment for different panels style:

before:

ond1.JPG.a54e547ce170e3ee16bb7ef3aaa053fc.JPG

after-  Onderon style:

PanelOnderon.thumb.gif.cb395a6ecc4950986049f90a67be720f.gif

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Jorak Uln said:

after-  Onderon style:

PanelOnderon.thumb.gif.cb395a6ecc4950986049f90a67be720f.gif

Using Dark Katarn, huh?  Nice.

I look forward to seeing what you'll be doing with the Iziz Cantina lights (especially outside).

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, Sith Holocron said:

I look forward to seeing what you'll be doing with the Iziz Cantina lights (especially outside).

well the lights are already done. The tedious part of work is to hex edit the walls for a smoother look & custom texturing.

Btw, gave some custom design to spice up the Telos Cantina Floor:

vanilla

floor.JPG.17fe76f71996d2708c230772b2147a89.JPG

Custom - with reflecting middle section:

TEL_FL02.thumb.jpg.c351c1b46b5dd93ad3898e68912956b9.jpg

for the Telos polar academy i got the idea to replace the lights with heaters  as a further indication of the coldness of his place - similar  to what you see in ME Andromeda / Mankind Divided - although on the downside have to make them in white though:

K2_00005_1.thumb.jpg.1ce4efc95355fcb56486ed4f629a8f6b.jpg

Heater.gif.c7bdbf8a8ac3a3e84728f6269fefabbc.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jorak Uln said:

The tedious part of work is to hex edit

That hasn't been necessary for over a year now. Both MDLEdit and MDLOps v1.0 will allow you to recompile edited level models with no issues, for the most part. For changing textures, MDLEdit will let you change the texture names directly in the editor itself (at the least the more recent beta versions anyway).

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

That hasn't been necessary for over a year now. Both MDLEdit and MDLOps v1.0 will allow you to recompile edited level models with no issues, for the most part. For changing textures, MDLEdit will let you change the texture names directly in the editor itself (at the least the more recent beta versions anyway).

Wow, i didnt knew that, thanks! Is there also an easy way to import 3d models into the game now? Like placing a plane texture in front of the Ebon Hawk cockit screens for easier texturing?

Nothing has changed regarding creating 3D models. You'd have to create your example in Max/GMax (or Blender), just as you have always had to, and will continue to have to do in the future. The new/improved compilers are just that - compilers. Their function is solely to create correctly formatted binary models.

If I might make a suggestion - please don't forget to add some metallic envmaps to the environment textures. Obsidian stripped practically every texture of it's alpha channel envmap, making the environments very, very flat in comparison to K1. Restoring the alpha was easy enough on the vanilla textures, but it would be too small resolution for these new ones. A thing to consider.

• Like 1