Extreme

KOTOR no fighters mod and Bastilla on Korriban mod

Hi i use no fighters mod but i want add Bastilla on Korriban but both of these mods use k_sup_galaxymap.ncs file if there is way to easy merge these mods or someone merge these mods for me please ?

Edited by Extreme

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Post a link to the "no fighters" mod, I am not familiar with it.

k_sup_galaxymap is a complex script. It may be very simple, or not. If you provide a link to the mod, I will assess their difference and let you know the plausibility.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I remember the mod now.

The no fighters mod does a very small edit to k_sup.

Bastila on Korriban does more changes, so you use the k_sup_galaxymap.nss from Bastila on Korriban as your base script.

Find the changes kittykitty did on No fighters, and cut and paste into kk's script. Recompile and you're done.

On 9/26/2018 at 2:07 AM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

Post a link to the "no fighters" mod, I am not familiar with it.

k_sup_galaxymap is a complex script. It may be very simple, or not. If you provide a link to the mod, I will assess their difference and let you know the plausibility.

I downloaded Kotor editor but i have no idea what to do when i try open ncs file in kotor text editor i have some weird stuff instead of words can you merge these two mods for me if this is not problem for you ?

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I can, but I want you to also have a little success today in modding since you have been proactive enough to download the tools and try :)

You cannot open a .ncs with KotorTool or any other file editor. It is a compiled script, meaning it is digital and no longer something ordinary brains can easily read.

A .nss file is what normal humans can understand, and pretty easily at that. You simply open that with a text editor, like notepad, and you can see what is going on. This will also let you see the size of the script you are asking me to modify, which will let you appreciate that it is a giant pile to dig through.

I am currently working on patching another mod for a request, which is a quicky I think if I can just find the TSLRCM source for the file, and then edit it similarly to what you are asking me to do. The difference is, the a_makejedi script is muuuuuch smaller than k_sup, with simpler logic and it is well commented.

I am not saying I won't do it, but I am saying I won't do it right away. You might be better at this than you expect, so give it a shot. In the kittykitty No Fighters download, hopefully their is a folder called "Source". In there, you should find k_sup_galaxymap.nss. This is the file you can open and read with notepad, or with the KotorTool Text Editor if you want to try and use the new toy you downloaded!

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn
4 hours ago, Extreme said:

Unfortunately, in no fighters and bastila on korriban there is no nss files  only ncs files 

Ok, that sucks :(

There is a tool for that though, called DeNCS. Hopefully, it can decompile that script. I will give it a shot an a while and let you know.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:17 PM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

Ok, that sucks :(

There is a tool for that though, called DeNCS. Hopefully, it can decompile that script. I will give it a shot an a while and let you know.

So it can be done ?

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I think so.

I lied in my previous post. I always mean to check things out, but my follow through as a modder is pretty terrible, as most veterans on this forum can attest :)

Almost everything can be done, with effort. This one can definitely be done.

If you have the inclination, download DeNCS and try to decompile that script.

If not, I will try to remember to give it a look. I have another gaming commitment atm, so no guarantees on a speedy reply.