Elwood288

Prestige Classes for Companions

Not so much a request but more a "I know this mod exists I just can't find it anymore". In the past I had a mod that did this but no matter how much time I spend searching I can never find it again. So I was curious to see if anyone on here still had it or knew where I could get it.

37 minutes ago, Elwood288 said:

Not so much a request but more a "I know this mod exists I just can't find it anymore". In the past I had a mod that did this but no matter how much time I spend searching I can never find it again. So I was curious to see if anyone on here still had it or knew where I could get it.

I swear I requested for just this a while back. I know there is a mod made by Redhawk which gives Kreia the prestige class the player gets when they both reach level 15 on his site.

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/mods2.html

As for the other companions, I have no idea where to find those. How far in the past are we talking? If it's like 2006 PC Gamemods era then you're going to have a rough time with the search.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

The mod is called Prestige Padawans.

If you cannot find it by searching now with proper name, I can share it with you.

Edit: https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/ss-prestige-padawans

I'm really feeling like an idiot for asking this but, where is the option to download on the page? I can't find it anywhere. 

On 9/18/2018 at 4:48 PM, Sith Holocron said:

Try this link instead and tell us how it all shakes out.

Well I tried it with mixed results. The good news is that it works. Playing on a Dark Side character I turned Bao-Dur into a Dark Guardian, and he got a new outfit plus the Rage ability too. The downside, I now have two Bao-Durs in the Ebon Hawk. One is the actual Bao-Dur, the other is from the training cutscene where you make him into a Jedi. I honestly cannot figure out the problem so he stays as a non-Jedi for now.

If anyone could help I'm using TSLRCM 1.8.5, Handmaiden for Females, Visas Romance Dialog for Females, Schematic Saber Mod, Alternate Revan Romances, HQ Blasters, Influence Bug Fix, Ordo Repeating Blaster for TSL, Player and Party Underwear, Improved Party Outfits,  Sith Armor, SWTOR Styled HK, Prestige Padawans, Train the Handmaiden, Choose Mira or Hanhaar, KSE, a couple of Head reskins for the Handmaiden, Mira, and two player heads, and lastly Three New Force Crushes. 

4 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It most likely conflicts with TSLRCM. 

I wonder if I can uninstall Prestige Padawans mid game?

2 hours ago, RevanFanMan said:

I wonder if I can uninstall Prestige Padawans mid game?

Well I removed it and so far have had no problems. 

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Did you save your installog? This is a classic script conflict.

I can probably fix it for you, just need to determine which scripts are conflicting. 

Essentially, you will have to edit any scripts that share the same name. Hopefully, TSLRCM provides source code. If so, it would be very easy to edit.

The scripts are probably named similar to each padawan NPC; it should be their main script.

1 minute ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

I can probably fix it for you, just need to determine which scripts are conflicting. 

Essentially, you will have to edit any scripts that share the same name. Hopefully, TSLRCM provides source code. If so, it would be very easy to edit.

I wouldn't know where the installog is. 

2 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

The scripts are probably named similar to each padawan NPC; it should be their main script.

Prestige Padawans does not use  the TSLPatcher, and is installed by extracting and putting files in the Override folder, so there is no install log for that mod.

The script that is conflicting is named a_makejedi, which is used to give the party members Jedi classes when you train the party members to become a Jedi.

In KotOR Tool, the path of the source code of the script is Kotor II > scripts.bif > Script, Source > a_makejedi.nss

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leilukin said:

Prestige Padawans does not use  the TSLPatcher, and is installed by extracting and putting files in the Override folder, so there is no install log for that mod.

The script that is conflicting is named a_makejedi, which is used to give the party members Jedi classes when you train the party members to become a Jedi.

In KotOR Tool, the path of the source code of the script is Kotor II > scripts.bif > Script, Source > a_makejedi.nss

So is that a no to a potential compatibility patch?

With something like a .2da, you can just append the files and merge them. With scripts, an entirely new one would need to be written, or the TSLRCM manually one modified to include the changes.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn
14 hours ago, RevanFanMan said:

So is that a no to a potential compatibility patch?

An entirely new script is not needed, contrary to the last poster.

What is needed is editing the a_make_jedi from TSLRCM to include the changes from Prestige Padawans, without changing some things.

Also, part of the problem seems on face to be a poorly scripted bit of code from SuperSquall, that didn't check for the existence of Bao-Dur before making the new Prestige Bao, and should have destroyed the old Bao in that instance. This is easily fixed by code.

In short, this can be done.