Basil Bonehead

Basil Bonehead's Mod Analysis Facility

14 minutes ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

Oh man, my translation of Yavin IV is so shite, now that I look at it after so many years. I really should've proofread that better before sending it to Zionosis.

You could always take another crack at it!

Yavin IV items showcase video uploaded, check the original post

Sorry if this felt cobbled together, this was kind of tedious to edit together

For Halloween, the next entry of mod analysis will be covering a few mods for star wars games (not just kotor) that share a similar theme

Only just came across the thread and only watched the "Sith Reign" mod video so far, but I like your commenting and editing style! :D

Just had to skip some walking sometimes. :P

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, R2-X2 said:

Only just came across the thread and only watched the "Sith Reign" mod video so far, but I like your commenting and editing style! :D

Just had to skip some walking sometimes. :P

thanks man, also i don't expect everyone to watch the video in its entirety, even i skip through certain parts of my videos lol

Currently wrapping up my semester, whether or not I make a new mods analysis video is a mystery since I have no idea what mod to make a video on.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:59 PM, mrmann said:

Currently wrapping up my semester, whether or not I make a new mods analysis video is a mystery since I have no idea what mod to make a video on.

I'm sure you'll find something to make a video about. Just take some time off and relax a bit before you do another analysis video.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:59 AM, mrmann said:

Try the Tomb of Az'gath Indel for TSL (I think it's called that) by DarthInsidious. 

Spoiler

It's a content mod that starts on Onderon, a Toydarian will give you a sidequest to retrieve a Visa from a Rodian in the west merchant quarter, this Rodian will inform you he sold it to a Deveronian who's left off world to Dantooine, once you retrieve the Visa from him... or his corpse... you must give the Visa back to the Toydarian during the Onderon Civil War. Once you do that the Toydarian will reward you with a map of the Sith Tomb next to the Ebon Hawk near Tulak Hordes tomb, after doing a few puzzles and fighting a few traps you will be able to collect a few cool items the mod provides, but once you leave the tomb you are ambushed by a bounty hunter who reveals it was a trap this whole time and she planned to steal the artifact items from you that you have retrieved from the tomb because she herself couldn't face the traps and puzzles without getting killed herself.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 8:11 AM, N-DReW25 said:

Try the Tomb of Az'gath Indel for TSL (I think it's called that) by DarthInsidious. 

Hide contents

It's a content mod that starts on Onderon, a Toydarian will give you a sidequest to retrieve a Visa from a Rodian in the west merchant quarter, this Rodian will inform you he sold it to a Deveronian who's left off world to Dantooine, once you retrieve the Visa from him... or his corpse... you must give the Visa back to the Toydarian during the Onderon Civil War. Once you do that the Toydarian will reward you with a map of the Sith Tomb next to the Ebon Hawk near Tulak Hordes tomb, after doing a few puzzles and fighting a few traps you will be able to collect a few cool items the mod provides, but once you leave the tomb you are ambushed by a bounty hunter who reveals it was a trap this whole time and she planned to steal the artifact items from you that you have retrieved from the tomb because she herself couldn't face the traps and puzzles without getting killed herself.

weird, i just go straight to korriban and find the tomb entrance, i never fully understood the purpose of the stuff on onderon, time to revisit this mod. that and Curse of the sith because, why not? might make a two for one deal again

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

The tomb.... When I realized DI was actually far ahead of me and not just a dude that knew tidbits :)

It is a good mod. Makes me weep for Rhen Var thinking about it :zorro:

1 hour ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

The tomb.... When I realized DI was actually far ahead of me and not just a dude that knew tidbits :)

It is a good mod. Makes me weep for Rhen Var thinking about it :zorro:

i wish they would be salvaged or at least have what was done uploaded

i hope he has them somewhere and they're not lost forever

• Sad 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I lost a planet mod that was 2/3rds done. 

Modules had been spliced with working area transitions. Dialog was 90% done and 60% in-game.

I was about to start recruiting skinners to make the modules look different and somewhat related in theme (since they came from different planets), and VO talent for the major roles.

Mandalore it was originally, then changed to Serroco. I was having difficulty tweaking Nar Shadaa in the Serroco encounter - I wanted to integrate that bit into the mod and make it the trigger for the planet quest. However, Nar Shadaa is a modder's hive of scum and villainy; editing those modules and maintaining a TSLRCM compatible AND not game-breaking mod was pushing me. But, I would have figured it out.

Then my new NAS enclosure fornatted the RAID 0 HDDs I had everything stored on, and yeah recovery was beyond me. Modding can be painful that way.

I still have most of the paper notes. However, the volume of work I put in will not be replicated.

45 minutes ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

I lost a planet mod that was 2/3rds done. 

Modules had been spliced with working area transitions. Dialog was 90% done and 60% in-game.

I was about to start recruiting skinners to make the modules look different and somewhat related in theme (since they came from different planets), and VO talent for the major roles.

Mandalore it was originally, then changed to Serroco. I was having difficulty tweaking Nar Shadaa in the Serroco encounter - I wanted to integrate that bit into the mod and make it the trigger for the planet quest. However, Nar Shadaa is a modder's hive of scum and villainy; editing those modules and maintaining a TSLRCM compatible AND not game-breaking mod was pushing me. But, I would have figured it out.

Then my new NAS enclosure fornatted the RAID 0 HDDs I had everything stored on, and yeah recovery was beyond me. Modding can be painful that way.

I still have most of the paper notes. However, the volume of work I put in will not be replicated.

I guess losing everything made you too drained and burnt out from even thinking about restarting it?

Might be a little late to mention this but Piriform's Recuva program is a great tool for recovering lost files, I have used it several times to recover projects from accidentally formatted hard drives or emptied recycle bin contents, so keep it in mind for the future ^^ but it depends on how the drives were formatted, be it a quick or a full format.

Sorry to hear about this loss.

Thor110

Note I once formatted the hard drive containing my GTA IV project which is also a large project that I set aside some time ago, I was able to use Recuva to get the files back and still have them to this day :)

Edited by Thor110
Note added.

revised the main post to have it be a playlist of all the Mod Analysis and Mod Showcase videos

after i finish the items video and make the curse of the sith & coruscant mod showcase, i have a possible idea for the next entry of mod analysis... i'll go into detail when I'm done

NEW MOD SHOWCASE: Curse of the Sith

EDIT: video privated, found some errors with it, fixing them now

here are the items micro analysis, i'm going to bed now, good night

EDIT: video privated, found some errors with it, fixing them now

• Light Side Points 1

one last thing: after i upload coruscant i'm going to mention what i am going to work on next because it's another mod that is barely talked about or shown in depth (if it's possible with the mod in question)

So I went to your YT channel to find your 2 new videos, as DS was having a hiccup a few moments ago and they weren't listed.  DS comes back up and I see this for the Curse of the Sith video.

m9TeGBt.png

And the same for the Azagth N'Dul Loot video.  What pray tell has happened?